1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Youth Activities

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Apr 2, 2013.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Does your youth meet in small groups / Sunday School classes/groupings?? How is that working for you?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'll answer for both our campus and our larger home church.

The larger home church has a regular youth group that meets once a week. Junior high is on Wednesdays and senior high is on Fridays. In the past they have had small groups but they do not right now. There is no Sunday school for them - they should be in church (we have Sunday school during the church time).

At our campus, we just started a youth group and we have about 10 kids. It's been a great group although we are having a few issues with just having the adults understand the guidelines about who is in charge and stuff. But that's OK, nothing big - just have to deal with those go-getters who are not in charge but think they are. :) But the kids get together every other week for an activity (last week they went hiking) and then the other week they have a Bible study. They are also looking for ministry opportunities. It's a really good group!

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

The church I currently attend has a small group for middle schoolers. It meets during our first service. They can attend the second service. We do not have small groups for high schoolers. Yet.

4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

We used to have a Victory Youth Group in college. We would always meet every week after the class, and then we would discuss Bible verses, and share stories/experiences which are related to that particular Bible verse. It was a really fun activity.

5. StFrancis

StFrancis Member

I used to attend to Sunday school when I was a teen. I do not know why many think that Sunday school is for the youth. I like Sunday schools since attendants get to share different bible stories. We need to encourage our children so that they will be attending.