1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Youth Ministry

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Jan 12, 2014.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Does your church have children's and / or youth classes? How are the age ranges broken down? Curriculum?

Currently we have 5 classes for children birth to Grade 5, (Three preschool, one for K-2, and one for 3rd through 5th, and a middle school group.)

We use a curriculum that goes along with the Bible Storybook for the children. Youth do a mish mash of stuff.

2. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My church has both children and youth classes, which are based on grades. I'm not entirely sure about the younger grades, but I believe 6th grade and up is junior youth and high school is senior youth. I'm actually in the senior youth class even though I'm 20, because I'm still in high school. (Long story, and not my fault for the most part. Basically I got put behind a couple grades and this is my senior year.)
    The youth group acts almost independently from the rest of the church on some things. Sunday morning classes (for senior youth) are usually based on a curriculum, but only loosely so. The teachers like to do their own thing with it.
    The youth group also leads worship one Sunday night a month, and we do a "fifth Sunday" where we "take over" a Sunday morning service every few months.

There's also a young adults class. When I first went there they were going to place me there until they found out I was still in high school.