1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

YWAM

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by gekko, Apr 11, 2006.

1. gekko

gekko New Member

Hey there!

Has anybody here been on a missions trip/dts/anything-else-they-offer with YWAM?

if so, what was it like? where'd you go to? what kind of outreaches did you do?

gek.

2. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

We've got a group stationed about a block from where I live. They send kids out into the bush here in Alaska. However, other than knowing the family in charge are some good people, I can't tell you anything.

3. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Never heard of YWAM.....what does it stand for? (I mean the acronym)

4. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

5. bapmom

bapmom New Member

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I have seen YWAM-mers in several of the trips I have taken, but haven't looked into trips with them. I am sure if you contact the main organization, you can get leads into the trips.

7. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    YWAM is not officially Charismatic I don't think, but they usually have a heavy concentration of Chaismatic workers, in case that makes a difference to you.

8. gekko

gekko New Member

haha.

no i was just curious to see if anybody here has been on a ywam trip really.

im planning to apply (for 2007) for the Beach2Bush Ywam Outreach based in Brisbane, Australia.

and if anybody has been on ywam. then i wanted to see how they thought of it.

but charismatic people liven the whole thing up. considering the word "enthusiasm" comes from something like "en theos" (sp?) which means "in God." and so if we are in God, and God in us. we will have enthusiasm.

but i see alot of people with enthusiasm, but are false converts... stoney ground hearers. will be praying for them.