1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zelda Rubinstein Has Died

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Martin, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zelda Rubinstein, best know for playing "Tangina Barrons" in the Poltergeist movies, has died. She was 76. I don't know if she was a Christian or not, but her passing is certainly sad. It is also sad to hear that she had been in failing health for some time. More can be found on CNN's website (HERE).

The original Poltergeist movie has got to be one of the scariest movies of all time. I love horror movies and most of them don't bother me at all, but that one did. The old guy in Poltergeist 2 was horrifying! The movie was not scary, but that old guy sure was. I have had more than my share of nightmares about that old man. Of course, he passed of cancer soon after filming ended.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Is she the one who was saying "don't go into the light" or something like that?

I try not to watch horror films. I do have to watch some creepy movies for my ministry but I avoid the horror films pretty much.

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't watch horror movies...but JD Salinger died today too

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

"There is peace and serenity in the liiiight"!!! Scary line that still send chills up my spine.

She wasn't a Christian, but was culturally Jewish. She generally abhorred group affiliations of any kind, including religious and philanthropic organizations.

#4 Johnv, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010