1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zig Ziglar and Jerry Jenkins Endorse Huckabee

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by leesw, Nov 21, 2007.

1. leesw

leesw Member

News Release: Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee Announces Faith Endorsements from Zig Ziglar and Jerry Jenkins

November 19, 2007

Little Rock, AR – Former Arkansas Governor and Presidential Candidate Mike Huckabee announced today that Zig Ziglar and Jerry Jenkins have joined the growing list of endorsements from members of the faith community.

“These two men are giants in their field and I’m proud to have their support,” Huckabee said. “Zig has taught me a great deal about effective leadership and Jerry’s writings have truly inspired me and deepened my faith.”

Zig Ziglar is an internationally acclaimed motivational speaker/ teacher who has written 26 books. He is founder of Ziglar, Inc, which is built upon the same philosophy he expounds to his audiences – hard work, common sense, fairness, commitment and integrity. Ziglar is an active member of Prestonwood Church in Dallas, Tex.

“I’m excited to be supporting Mike Huckabee for president of the United States. I’ve observed him throughout his political career and believe he is the best representative of the conservative movement on the American political scene,” Ziglar said. “I will be encouraging all voters to look closely and seriously at Mike Huckabee, the man I believe will best represent the values and beliefs of conservative Americans.”

Jerry Jenkins is a New York Times bestselling author of more than 170 books. He owns the film making company, Jenkins Entertainment, and the Christian Writers Guild. He is former vice president of the Moody Bible Institute of Chicago and now serves on its board of trustees. In 2003 he was named for the second straight year as the forty-second most powerful person in entertainment by Entertainment Weekly.

“This is the first time I have ever publicly endorsed a candidate, that's how strongly I feel about Mike Huckabee,” Jenkins said. “I resonate with his values and personal character and believe he is the kind of man who can guide the country through difficult times.”

Source

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Huckabee "endorsement" spamming continues.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good for my ex-governor. :thumbs:

4. leesw

leesw Member

How does reporting that constitute spam besides that fact that you aren't a Huckabee supporter and therefore don't like positive news about him?

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Starting a new thread every time anyone endorses Huckabee I consider to be spam.

Constant shilling is the sign of a weak candidate.

Why don't you do what KenH did and start one thread devoted to all of Huckabee's "endorsements" and just add the new ones to it as they occur?

I can't speak for everyone here, but I know I would appreciate it.:thumbs:

6. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Please! :praying:

7. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    O me o my! If Ric Flair, Jerry Jenkins, Zig Ziglar, and Chuck Norris endorse a candidate for President of the United States then I must support that candidate as well. Let me run out and buy all the Huckabee stuff I can....NOT!!! I am not going to vote for someone because someone says I should. I will only vote for someone if I think that person has the right ideas. Huckabee is alright, but I would much rather support a person who believes in true limited government.

James Dobson, and others like him, need to stop acting like their endorsement of someone will affect my vote, it will not. In fact I might not support a candidate just because they endorsed them. I am tired of these people who flatter themselves with their own imaginary importance, trying to tell me who I should vote for. I will vote for who I want to! I am smart enough to make up my own mind, thank you very much.

Btw, I think Pat Robertson made a public fool of himself by endorsing the big government, socially liberal Rudy. He also finished off whatever credibility he had left (which was not much).

#7 Martin, Nov 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2007
  8. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

I am not convinced that they are even aware of your particular vote.

9. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==They believe that their endorsement of a candidate will cause Christians to support that candidate. Their belief is arrogance and pride. I am tired of them acting as if they know so much. If they really knew so much....well, never mind.

Are they aware of me personally? No. However people like James Dobson aim their propaganda at people like me. I am no longer impressed and I will no longer support their candidate of choice. From this point on I will support and vote for who I believe the best candidate is.

As we stand at this point,

-I will not vote for any of the Democratic candidates.
    -I will not vote for Rudy, McCain, Romney, or Huckabee. Why not? All of them are big government liberals. Also Romney is not consistant in his views and McCain is emotionally unstable. Huckabee seems like a nice guy but he believes in big government.
    -I support Ron Paul since he is the only true conservative on the stage. I do not agree with all of Paul's positions but I do believe he is the better choice. If he does not win the Republican nomination I will vote for a third party.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

11. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I don't care who endorses who. I make up my own mind. Those who vote based on endorsement are sheep.

12. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I honestly don't see how voting for a pro-abortion, big government Republican is any different from voting for a pro-abortion, big government Democrat. Pro-abortion is pro-abortion no matter what letter is behind the name. I will vote for a pro-life, small government third party candidate. If more people would actually do that, instead of voting for the status quo, then such a candidate would have a real chance at winning the White House.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That has the same effect as voting for a pro abortion democrat, expecially in the 2008 election.

14. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==So voting for a pro-abortion Republican is better than voting for a pro abortion Democrat?

How do you come to that conclusion?

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It doesn't matter if it's "better" or not.

In the coming election, voting for any third party candidate based on the right to life issue will facillitate the election of a democrat.

If you wish to ensure the election of a democrat, then do it. But at least be aware of the overall effect of your vote.

16. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==At this point, I don't think it matters which party sits in the White House. Both parties have abandoned American principles and have embraced big government. The issue, at this point in history, is which form of big government would you like: Liberal big government or Conservative big government. Personally, I want no part of either. If a candidate does not support limited government, they will not get my vote. Period.

17. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Btw, carpro, who are you supporting?

18. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They have certainly been successful, but making lots of money doesn't mean their opinions are worth more than a homeless man's opinion.

So the "Left Behind" series "deepened" his faith... Uh oh.

I don't have anything against Huckabee, but I'm starting to wonder about him.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can understand why you might feel that way, but there are still some very good reasons why it matters a great deal who occupies the White House.

I urge you to stay engaged.

#19 carpro, Nov 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2007