1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Zimmerman assists in car accident

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by church mouse guy, Jul 22, 2013.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Of course, some people will probably say he caused it.

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Good for him. I can't imagine the turmoil he is going through over all the national attention and race baiting over his trial. If he were an BO favorite he'd be promoted in all these circumstances to a high office, but since he's not a BO favorite he is being used as liberal propaganda.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm sure the folks he helped are grateful. But unfortunately for him, this kinda makes him seem to exhibit the same "can't sit my behind down somewhere and stay out of the limelight" type personality as OJ.

It eventually catches up to you.

5. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Zimmerman was not a witness to the crash and left after making contact with the deputy, the sheriff's office said.

You do understand the difference between talking to the police and talking to the press, do you not?

I suppose you also would condemn him had he driven past without rendering aid.

#5 Arbo, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
  6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's see: OJ held some men at gunpoint in a hotel room. Zimmerman helped some people out of an overturned vehicle. Yep, they're just alike.

Yep, you're right. When he saw the overturned vehicle, he should have stayed in his vehicle, or kept walking, or whatever he was doing, and who cares if the victims were bleeding to death?

I'm not saying he's a hero. He killed a young man, in a situation that should have been avoidable but got out of hand--on both sides. But you've let your dislike of what the man did color your judgment.

7. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Oh, I see. So you'd sit your behind down somewhere and watch the wreck in order to stay out of the limelight and excuse yourself from helping so you wouldn't exhibit the same type personality as OJ. That has to be the most ridiculous statement on BB to date.

8. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder what "race" the folks he rescued were ?

9. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.
    right, Zaac ?

10. thisnumbersdisconnected

Youre "hate George Zimmerman and convict him of something, please!" campaign is growing weary and tedious. Perhaps you'd rather he let the family stay trapped in the overturned SUV, dazed and confused even if not injured. Perhaps you'd rather he just go over the hill and commit hari-kari like the good little "unconvicted murderer" you insist he is. Or maybe he should have stepped in front of the SUV as it was overturning, just to satisfy your peculiar obsession with calling an innocent man a criminal?

You're very close to getting ignored by me, which I'm sure doesn't break your heart. However, I am a very, very tolerant, easy going individual who, though he upbraids people occasionally, doesn't ignore anyone. But nonsense like this ongoing rant of yours could change my mind, and if it could change my mind, I'm sure there are a bunch of others who also grow impatient and petulant with you for not being able to talk about anything else.

Just consider this food for thought. Don't choke on it, please. That's not my intent.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep. Reminds me of the way folks on here treat Obama. :laugh:

But he really does need to lay low for a while. I'd have already found me a lil town of 2000 in west Texas to move to. Butterfield, Texas(pop. 61) might be a nice place for him to go practice law over near El Paso.

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And if he comes across another vehicle accident? Or, God forbid, a child needs help from a pedophile? Or maybe a cat just needs to be rescued out of a tree? (A town that small, that sort of thing will hit the front page of the local paper)

What's it gonna be, Zaac? Should he just not help anyone ever again because someone might notice who he is and tell someone else about it?

Here's a novel idea, Zaac: how about congratulating him for doing the right thing, in what appears to have been the right way this time? That way you might encourage him to continue doing the right thing in the right way, instead of knocking him down when he does something good.

I mean, come on; aren't you the one that's usually deriding the board members for their lack of Christian examples?

#12 Don, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
  13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Man hush. All I said is that he needs to go sit down somewhere. Stay out the news. Stay out the public eye.

In the long run it'll serve him well. Read into it whatever you like.

14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He WAS/IS staying out of the public eye and the news. He gave a report to a policeman and went home. He didn't talk to reporters. He didn't wave at any cameras.

Don't you get it?!? The only reason we know about this is because the police told someone he was there, or a reporter who was looking at police reports saw his name.

Your comments are without merit, and speak of the same "Christian ill will" you accuse so many others of.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep , he really was trying to stay out of the public eye. NOT!

The more I hear this, the more it does sound staged. For his sake, I hope not. But if it was, his attorneys apparently went along with it.

Odd how he's "trying to stay out of the spotlight" but his attorneys schedule a press conference at THEIR office with the folks he miraculously pulled from an overturned car.

The folks from Fox News must have called them and told them that this didn't look good and to cancel it.:laugh:

#16 Zaac, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
  17. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's the deal, Zaac - if it ever gets proved that this was, in fact, staged, I'll publicly denounce Zimmerman and his attorneys. Doesn't matter if it's tomorrow or four years from now.

If it never gets debunked, will you be man enough to admit you're wrong about this--and only this--particular situation?

Cause let's face the facts: Zimmerman isn't seeking the spotlight. His attorneys are; because they're trying to build up good will ahead of a potential civil suit and a potential federal civil rights suit. The family GZ helped were the ones that went public, not GZ.

In all of this, where do you see GZ himself seeking the "public eye"?

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Man please. His lawyers aren't doing anything without his approval. I'm not saying it was staged. I said it does sound staged with the accident victims getting ready to have a press conference at Zimmerman's attorneys offices.

Somebody with good sense talked them out of it.

19. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    it's hopeless, Don.
    Zaac will never get over his dislike of Zimmerman.
    He'll only feel good if some misfortune happens to Zimmerman.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Right, and then in the midst of that gave his lawyers the go ahead to do a press conference at their office with the accident victims.

Yep. All sounds aboveboard.

Right, and the police orchestrated the wole coming together of his lawyers and the accident victims for a press conference? If you say so.

My comments are with as much merit as your own. Your ill will statement is laughable. I'm just staing what I see. You don't have to like it.