1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Zimmerman Jury May Consider Lesser Charges

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Magnetic Poles, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Silly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You switched people in the middle of the debate. First you said the lead investigator. Now you are switching to the police chief. Not the same person.

And the video you show a link to destroys your argument. The former mayor who is also a lawyer destroyed your argument. The headline is inflammatory, but is not true to the debate in the video. It appears that you may have read the headline, but did not watch the video.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt you watched the video as it is not your habit and nothing you said is in it. The police chief was fired for not arresting him and he refused to citing no probable cause. The lawyer destroyed nothing. And the headline is absolutely true. But facts do not matter to a race baiter. Kind of like the PC bosses

#63 Revmitchell, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
  4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh I watched it and was quite amused that your case was destroyed ... knowing all the time that you would refuse to admit that fact.

The simply fact that an unarmed person was killed gives probably cause. Law 101.

Nice try Rev. but you shot your own argument down in flames.

Most amusing.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh well good luck with that. Apparently you have no idea what my argument was. Nor do you really care. As usual you just make claims with no substantiation.

#65 Revmitchell, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
  6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ON THE SUBJECT OF "FACING LESSER CHARGES"....

Looks like the jury may need another day or two....

7. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Just a guess, but I'm thinking they have a verdict but they want to hold it until tomorrow.

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just read that the jury asked for clarification on the manslaughter charge....

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Wait, something else too about the picture. Sometimes something is so big it doesn't stand out, and I even mentioned the grass!

The grass. Just the fact that he's laying in the grass. Totally in grass. There's no cement in sight. That doesn't go along with having someone straddling you and beating your head on the cement. What cement? If that was happening, it was over by the time he was shot because that's all grass.

Was that one explained as well? I didn't watch the trial...

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

[​IMG]

11. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

12. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Mexdef, I'm looking at the actual pictures of him laying in the grass. In different shots, it pans out and actually shows a lot more grass, as I originally thought "well maybe he rolled off the cement." So that surprised me.
    Please look up the actual photos and you'll see what I mean. I kept trying to find one that even had cement in it, but even with the panned out shots with a lot of visibility all around, I couldn't find one.

13. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Gina, the shot above shows TM's body covered by a yellow tarp in the background. It appears to be about 4 feet away from the sidewalk. (Standard sidewalk width is 36", so that's what I base my "guesstimate" on.)

Why the various body shots do not show his body in relation to the sidewalk, I do not know. Did GZ push Trayvon's body off after he shot him? Did TM stagger away (does not seem likely according to the ME's testimony)? Dunno.

14. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

15. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

God bless this system...it got it right this time!!!

16. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thanks Mexdef. It just doesn't seem to add up. I see he was found not guilty just now, but it's still something that doesn't seem quite right. Oh well. I guess the only ones who know the full truth are Zimmerman and G-d, and neither seem to be spelling it out for an audience right now, so I guess it'll have to be their secret.

17. thisnumbersdisconnected

As the police reports indicated (and as were entered into evidence at trial) Zimmerman was trying to use his heels to push he and Martin, sitting atop him, away from the sidewalk so Martin would not be able to use the sidewalk as a weapon. Martin continued to flail away at Zimmerman's face with his fists until Zimmerman shot him. Also, the reports indicated Martin rolled off Zimmerman in reflex to the shots striking him. This is not a mystery, nor does it detract from Zimmerman's truthful account of the events that night. And the jury got it right in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.