1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zimmerman to be charged

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by SolaSaint, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

i've never understood a hate crime? Isn't this just another liberal way of claiming victom status?

How do they find out if Zimmerman hated?

What if it was self defense and he still hated Trayvon, is it still a hate crime. This is so stupid to me. A crime is a crime and let the judge determine the sentence based upon evidence.

2. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

The Constitution of the State of Florida says:

No person shall be tried for capital crime without presentment or indictment by a grand jury, or for other felony without such presentment or indictment or an information under oath filed by the prosecuting officer of the court, except persons on active duty in the militia when tried by courts martial.

A grand jury is not needed for a second degree murder charge because it's not a capital crime.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I didn't say it was needed, but is desireable if a favorable outcome is sought...why else was it presented to them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.