1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zondervan joins Libronix

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Deacon, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Largest Producer of Bible Software Just Got Larger.

Zondervan announced today they are retiring their Pradis engine and moving their titles to Logos Bible Software.

Zondervan products will now be available on Libronix!

The big benefit of having electronic books is the ability to rapidly search for data relevent to your topic of interest.

Hours that used to be spent searching through old books can now be used to develop your topic.

The Zondervan products that are offered include:

•Expositor's Bible Commentary (12 Vols.)
    •Expositor's Bible Commentary: Abridged (2 Vols.)
    •NIV Application Commentary: New Testament (20 Vols.)
    •NIV Application Commentary: Old Testament Prophets (8 Vols.)
    •Zondervan New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology (4 Vols.)
    •Zondervan New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis (5 Vols.)
    •Zondervan Encyclopedia of the Bible (5 Vols.)
    •Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary: New Testament (4 Vols.)
    •Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary: Old Testament (5 Vols.)
    •22 individual titles from authors like Gordon Fee, Robert Mounce, and Rick Warren

Rob

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And only 2 grand for the privilege :)

Buy those books once and when a new version of the software comes out buy them again. I had to upgrade one of my big libraries to continue to use it when Vista hit.

E-Sword is free as well as the upgrades. :thumbs:

I think these companies have seen the cash cow that they can milk when it comes to "upgrading" to new OS versions.

On the positive getting another format into a more common format gets you closer to using less Bible programs :laugh:

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, don’t purchase Libronix if you’re looking for a garage-sale bargain.
    Many of their single-purchase products are available new in hardback at like-price.

Don’t purchase Libronix because you want free stuff.
    Libronix occasionally offers a free product but not very often. When they do it’s usually a gem.

But you don’t purchase Libronix wondering if they will go out of business.
    It’s the largest bible program with 5000+ current titles offered. It’s the standard to beat.

Don’t purchase Libronix fearing you will have to spend mega-bucks upgrading at some future date.
    Upgrades have always been free. Once you purchase a product they provide regular upgrades to keep it current with advances to their base platform.

Hey, I’ve been there sitting at the dining room table with stacks of commentaries, dictionaries, wordbooks, concordances, and various other specialty books.
    Writing down quotes, bookmarking pages, scribbling thoughts in a notebook.
    It sounds trite but with the click of a mouse Libronix does the searching work for you.
    Computer based technology allows you to spend your time in more creative ways than slogging through your books.

Sure, for a beginning student of the bible the cost is probably prohibitive.
    But for a seminarian, a pastor or for a serious student of the bible, the investment in an advanced Libronix software package is a excellent way to build an instant library of modern books at a fraction of the cost of the hardback editions.

I’d agree that Zondervan’s initial entry into Libronix doesn’t offer any bargains.
    Fortunately (or unfortunately) I’ve got about a third of these selections on my shelves.
    I won’t be duplicating these books.
    But it will be nice to see the products that Zondervan offers in Libronix format in the future.
    They have a long and strong history of quality products.

Rob

#3 Deacon, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2009
  4. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bible Explorer is also free. It has a .pdf feature which is nice as there is a lot on the net in .pdf and they also have some stuff available free, but the rest of their offerings are about normal priced.

5. RevGKG

RevGKG Member

6. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure which one it was, think it was Quick Verse. Mine was several steps back and would not work with Vista, they confirmed the fact with an invitation to spend lots of money for an upgrade to a new version.

I Ebayed a step back for 9 bucks and got around it this time.