1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has anyone ever prayed for you and you have been instantly healed???

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Jul 12, 2006.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Has anyone ever prayed for you and you have been instantly healed???

I remember when I was 13 this evangelist prayed for a tumor I had on my left foot and it completely vanished. My foot had a bump like a tennis ball and when he prayed and decreased. My little sister had Cancer in her Throat she was 12 years old. My previous Pastor prayed for her and she was also healed. Doctors couldnt believe it, In fact I coudlnt believe it but in the end its true.

Has any here ever had such a experience??? We do serve a living God who still performs miracles!!!!!

2. Mishelly

Mishelly New Member

I believe in a living God who still performs miracles. I myself have never been instantly healed though.

I have had special gifts from God that I mentioned in another post.

I pray to have your strong faith :praying:

3. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I also too believe in a living God. Way too many people thinking that we worship a handicapped GOD. They put restrictions on what God will and can do. He is a God of Miracles and a God that will always see us through. God is awesome thats all I can say. What special gift is that ?

4. Mishelly

Mishelly New Member

On the day before the funeral for my father, Kelly, my niece-in-law was driving, Wendy, my sister, was in the back and I was in the passenger seat. Wendy and I both watched this pure white dove fly in front of us and watched it fly away to the heavens. Kelly thinks that Wendy and I both imagined it, Wendy found it creepy but I found it peaceful and beautiful. I say what a gift from God.

A story behind the Lords Prayer: back in 1996 during the first surgery for Quadruple Bypass my Mother and a dear friend, Helen were sitting with Dad, he was so doped up and sick the only thing he could say was the Lords Prayer, while the three of them were praying a White Dove sat on the windowsill the entire time and when they finished it flew away. At one point the nurse came in and the Dove flew away, once the check up was done they began again and as they started the prayer the Dove came back on flew away once finished. How special one must be to get such a gift from God. My Father was a special man, I hope all feel that way about there fathers.

There are others but these are two of the most special - God does prove His existence, some days it is in the beauty of life that gets overlooked, other days it is a miracle.

5. Mishelly

Mishelly New Member

You know, on my personal Blog someone left a comment about a forward I put about the Cell Phone & the Bible. They say they are Christian but then went on to say If God Is Still Alive. I do enjoy there blog as they put good thoughts and pass the message on to others. But that comment made me wonder if they realy are a Christian because how can one believe in God and His Word and seeing Him again if they wonder if He is alive.

Of course He Is:Fish:

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I had a skin ailment the doctor was too interested in to be pleasant; and for years I couldn't find any cure. Then one day I sat with it in the full glare of the African sun, and lisstened to the Messiah (Haendel). I cannot remember how long it took to vanish; but till today I cannot even remember exactly where that spot was.

If I don't acknowledge the mercy of God, I must be the most ungrateful hypocrite alive and well ...

I believe in maricles it doesn't mean I believe in relilious bigotry - lke the speaking in tongues and healing every sick person in the town and raising up the dead - lies one reads in every-day papers .

7. music4Him

music4Him New Member

There have been several times, but the one healing that stands out the most was when I had a cyst the size of a baseball and was sent home from the doctor to wait until it swelled to the size of a grapfruit. The pain was so unbarable all I could do was lay on my lounger in pain. The doctor also stated with this type of cyst it would continue to re-appear until the gland and all was removed. Anyhow I watched Joyce Myers and she spoke on salvation and healing that morning. Grant it I had many of times said the sinners prayer, but this morning she had asked "does anyone want to be healed?" Well I said thats me! So she beagan saying a prayer and in the middle of this prayer I realized it was the sinners prayer... at first I thought "this is the sinners prayer, but then in the next thought was yes I know it and I need Jesus. My life has never been the same! Also after that prayer the pain went away and in a few hours the cyst was all but gone! My husband and kids came home from school and work they realized that the house was clean and I was up. I got saved and healed that day, made whole spiritually and physically, mind body and soul! God is so awesome! :praise: :Fish:

8. gekko

gekko New Member

i think i have three stories.
    ---

first: my grandpa saw a preacher pray for a guy with no foot. and he saw the foot grow back.
    ---

second: a friend of mine. when he was a baby - his dad was working on the porch at their house. and my friend crawled off the end of the balcony landing on his head.

no brain damage. no nothing. he's alive and well today.
    ---

third. same friend. his sister was born with down syndrome. his mom prayed over her all night for many many hours. and could see the physical changes in her daughter.

now my friends sister has been dancing for many years. and has no sign of down syndrome.
    ---

i dont like it when people say that miracles and healing are "not for today" and that it doesnt happen these days...

its a sad way of them limiting God.
    ---

9. gekko

gekko New Member

im sorry gerhard. speaking in tongues is a spiritual gift. only to be used in personal matters or in public with a translator.

its not religious bigotry.

what. you dont think people are being raised from the dead these days?
    i'll tell you this. its no lie. friends of mine have seen it down in south africa for instance.

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Well, forgive me my unbelief, at especially that first story. For Christianity's sake!

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm down here in South Africa; and if there's one thing you can't believe from down here, it is the crime - one of which is lying! We are the world champions in all sorts of crime.

12. gekko

gekko New Member

umm. so what are you getting at gerhard (which happens to be my grandpas name! :) )

couple other friends of mine have seen the raising of the dead in south america as well.

13. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Yep, thats right gekko... and as soon as we name name of preachers in the area of those miracles they will be discounted.

I do however remember a show "It's a Miracle" where a lady had a baby and it was born still born. As they had a quiet time to say goodbye with family and passed the baby from aunts, uncles and grandparents in the room to hold the child, one grandma held the child and noticed the baby was breathing! The doctor said the baby was dead, the nurses did too. Maybe grandma didn't want to believe that report? I believe the Lord raised the child from the dead. :flower: