1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willow Creek Church And Soulforce

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Martin, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought this was an interesting little story. However I will point out that it is dangerously one-sided since Willow Creek refused to talk with "One News Now". What is Willow Creek trying to hide? If they preached the truth to the Soulforce members why would they be afraid to say so publically? It worries me when churches start holding closed door meetings with heretical groups such as Soulforce.

"Last month, representatives of the homosexual group Soulforce visited the main campus of Willow Creek Community Church in South Barrington, Illinois. The visit to Willow Creek was the final stop in a campaign spearheaded by Soulforce to foster dialogue between mega-churches on homosexual issues. A spokeswoman for Willow Creek says a group of pastors and elders met with Soulforce members." --READ MORE

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

They are not satisfied in just coming out of the closet, they want to flaunt their deviancy in your face.

3. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is a blog entry from a person from Soulforce that claims to have been in the meeting with Hybels. I've quoted the section that discusses her understanding of Willowcreek's theology on homosexuality.