1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Does It mean "Those GOD Foreknew He Predestined?"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Mar 25, 2011.

1. mandym

mandym New Member

This is the problematic attitude of Calvinists and why they are so brazen. Whether you intended it to be or not it is arrogant and in fact not true. The problem with it is the instance that God refuses to offer grace to some people. It just cannot be back up with scripture as hard as you might try. And the false doctrine of "effectual calling" is not layed out in scripture but imposed on a few choice passages.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh Really?!? How about John 6:44 " no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him"

3. mandym

mandym New Member

Nothing about that says that God does not offer grace to some people.

4. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

I agree with this and following a crowd doesn't mean you were drawn by the Father either.

After Jesus is lifted up then all men will be drawn to Jesus and He brings before all men life and death to believe trust in Him and be saved or not and be condemned. So choose life. God has made us the messenger of this.

So many see it the way it was before the cross and can't see it the way it is now and visa-versa.

All authority has been given to Christ Jesus.

#24 psalms109:31, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2011
  5. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

How does what you wrote interact with the text?