1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Democrats???

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 12strings, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Another Hallelujah. I'm stumped how some Christians think God will be against the Democrat who is for abortion but for the Republican who is for the worship of a false god.

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see we have a hot button thread here. I think folks who vote based on what they see as the most biblical ticket volt Republican. Telling the truth is biblical, but what is "you can keep your existing health care plan and I will not raise your taxes?" He is the sort of man who says privately, after the election, I will have more flexibility. Thus he trades in deception.

Bottom line, the Bible teaches freedom, but those who vote to enslave themselves to the power of ever bigger government, want slavery. They have accepted the scapegoating of "big oil," "big pharma" and the steal from the middle class rich. Yet only the government takes from taxpayers and gives to cronies.

We are doomed, just as the last book of the Bible says. :)

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

[​IMG]

Let's look at your broad brush arguments one by one, shall we:

Pro Abortion: Democrats are all across the spectrum on this. I abhor abortion, but know that in some cases, it is necessary (e.g. ectopic pregnancy which kills the fetus AND the mother...there will be no baby).

Gay Marriage: It does not affect my marriage, nor yours, if the government recognizes same sex unions. Live and let live. Nor does governmental recognition mean churches must do likewise.

Denouncing America: Not in the least. Democrats love the USA. Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Independents, all shed blood in defense of liberty. All love our freedom. There are merely divergent views of the tactics necessary to make for a better country.

Eliminating Christ in Public Discourse: More nonsense in the vein of Fox News / Glenn Beck / Shawn Hannity et. al. What IS desired is that the government remain neutral in matters of religion. That it not promote one over another, nor religious belief over non-belief. Christ does not need the secular state to wield its power to reach people. True conversion is a matter of the heart, not something imposed on others via their government.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm not doomed.:laugh: The United States may be. But I'm not. But even more so, the fact that we KNOW how this is supposed to play out, why are Christians STILL picking evil over God?

I mean if you know that this system MUST fail, and you're presented with evil vs evil, why choose evil at all? When the choice is between evil, why not just side with Christ and keep pressing on toward the goal and let those OF the world support evil?

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Doctor's often do things to save lives. I believe the majority are referencing the millions of murders that have taken place for non-life threatening situations. If someone has to make a life-threatening decision, a just God is merciful. But to murder a child just because you're not ready to have a baby? I often times wonder would folks be so quick to murder the unborn if the penalty was automatic for the mother and the father? Bet folks would start thinking twice about casual, unprotected sex.

This one I just don't get some Christians on this. It's as though some are more concerned about civil rights than they are about upholding GOD'S RIGHT. What does it profit them to gain civil rights if in doing so we point them away from Christ and straight to an eternal lake of fire? This is why Christians should feel OBLIGATED to hold firmly to marriage as GOD says it should be. It matters.

Still another one I don't understand. If the government is being used as a tool by God to get His Gospel out, WHY would this bother a Christian? Why would a CHRISTIAN be opposed to the government promoting Christ?

If it's not promoting Christ, it is promoting the one who is against Christ. Do such Christians have a problem with that?

6. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Great post...but regarding the OP, how do you support your statement that One cannot be a faithful Christian and a Democrat? Would you say the same about republicans? or Democrats only?

7. 12strings

12strings Active Member

In our Church there is a godly, christian man who is a democrat. He is Pro-Life, and is even on the board of our local Crisis pregnancy center (that both shares the Gospel with women, and uses ultrasounds and counseling to talk women out of having abortions. He Goes on missions trips to Haiti. BUT...he simply things that government should be doing things that help alleviate the suffering of the poor, even if it means taking more taxes from the wealthy, and he thinks the government should provide health coverage for those who don't have it. We may disagree about these things, but I have no biblical grounds for saying he is not a "CHRISTIAN WHO IS IN RIGHT RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.

In addition, co-mingling biblical issues (like homosexuality) with other, less-clear issues (like economic policy) does not help to our cause in opposing clear violations of scripture. Rather than telling people they need to switch political parties...woudn't it be better to focus squarely on the clear biblical issues, so that many more democrats would become pro-life and pro-traditional marriage?

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    lets look at it in this light though...

Which of the 2 major party platforms agree best with the Moral law of god?

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't the founders based their republic upon the Biblical morals, with Chrsitianinity as the preferred religion, but all others freely avaialble?

10. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

No, I'd say he's a republican but just doesn't know it. I say that only half jokingly. On a humorous note, it reminds me of an anecedote:
    A little girl knocked on a woman's door, and when the woman came to the door, said, "Maam, I'm with the 'little democrats' club and am raising money for the poor. Would you like to contribute?"
    The woman responded, "Well, I'll tell you what, I have some housework and lawn maintainence that needs to be done. If you do the work, I'll give you $20. Then we can go find a homeless person and you can give him the money."
    The little girl looked puzzled and asked, "Well, can't he just come over here and do the work, and you give him the money?"
    To which the woman replied, "Welcome to the Republican party."

On a more serious note, I call myself a republican, but have no problem voting for whoever I think will help out the country the most. If that's a democrat, then so be it. However, unlike some here, I do not hold to the idealistic viewpoint of voting third party. A vote for a third party is just as bad as voting for the "greater of two evils". You can spout all the idealistic things you want, but if you waste your vote, then you have taken a vote from the "lesser of two evils", helping Satan in his goals just the same. It's akin to the servant who hid his talent, fearing the wrath of his master. You've been given a 'talent', a vote that you can use. Don't bury your talent, wasting it, at least accomplish something with it.

11. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

What false god would that be?

Edit to add- I think you're using the broad brush.

#31 Arbo, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
  12. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

The Democratic party Platform

Thanks 12strings...but I believe the official platform of the Democratic party is ample reason no Christian can support them....and as to the guy in your church you referred to ...no disrespect intended and God bless him for the good that he does.....BUT...he can't ride the fence. If the democratic party economic theories are the reason he would support them then I would suggest he has his priorities are misplaced. The love of money always leads men the wrong way. We,as Christians, must always act and conduct ourselves based on God's standards of righteousness and according to His Word.
    And..on the subject of Republicans...I would say the same with only one possible plus in their behalf....sometimes their platform of (alleged) "social conservatism" may seem to "resemble" some aspects of traditional Biblical righteousness. That is good and for it I applaud them for it...BUT...talk is CHEAP and ACTUAL actions speak far louder than WORDS. Their actual history has not actually produced many (biblical) results either.....at least no here lately. That is my opinion.

Bro.Greg:type:

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Agree better with God's moral law? I guess that's a matter of what you give as each party's platform.

Both parties are pretty immoral even though they say they support or don't support things.

When you've got an anti-Christ headlining the Democrat ticket and an anti-Christ headlining the Republican ticket, I think it says all that needs to be said about BOTH parties morals.

One party seems to not care that it promotes the immoral. The other party seems to only THINK it does not promote that which is immoral.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even say that Christianity was the preferred religion . Predominant for sure. But this current generation seems more concerned again with Civil Rights than God's Right.

And THAT is a problem.

If you are a Christian and your push for Civil Rights pushes against what God gives as HIS Right, there's a serious problem.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The one that says Jesus and satan are brothers. The one telling them they can become gods. The one that told them Adam is the god of the earth. The false god that teaches them that God the Father and Jesus were once just men before they became god.

16. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I misunderstood the comment. I read it to mean the Democrat and Republican voters, not the candidates.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

NP. :1_grouphug: We need to be in prayer for those who are deceived by this evil.

18. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

One side of the argument condemns the other side because they are in favor of baby killing...while having no concern at all that they are advocating the election of someone who is a full blown member of a satanically inspired false cult.

It numbs the mind.

This is why I refuse to register as a democrat or a republican.

The hypocricy is just unreal.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:applause: And THEREIN is my problem with evangelicals right now. We look at the pro-abortion Democrat candidate as though he's the devil incarnate while seemingly giving the Republican false-god worshiping candidate a pass.

It makes no sense, yet we try to justify it.

I can't think of any time in history that evangelicals would have collectively been okay with folks associating them with the pro-abortion crowd. But we don't seem to have a problem having an association with a worship a false god crowd.

20. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just a comment on all those "the Republican's are just as bad as the Democrates" and the two wrongs make a right assertions, every vote not for Romney/Ryan is a vote for Obama.

Lets assume Romney is not a born again believer in Christ. Only God knows. However to be fair, we should then also assume Obama is not the "committed Christian" he says he is.

So now lets turn to the policies.

Is taking from one person to give to another, i.e. to spread the wealth around, biblical or unbiblical. Does thou shall not steal ring a bell.

Should our yes be yes and our no be no, or should be equivocate and avoid taking a position, just like Stalin did during his rise to power.
    Is it ok to charge Romney with homicide, and then disavow responsibility for the ad?

How can we choose the one who best represents us, if they say the opposite of what they do? For example bail our GM and say we should not reward failure.

We are corrupt and our institutions are corrupt, so it follows from the biblical model that limited government that does not hinder freedom of religion is best. Right now the left has defined atheism as not religion, so the only view that can be taught is one that does not endorse God's rule.

We are doomed to the outcome described in scripture, where government power is seeded to demonic forces.