1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Democrats???

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 12strings, Aug 13, 2012.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You are right it isn't a game, it is the future of this country. You have been making Pharisaical platitudes castigating everyone on this thread about obeying God's Commandments, saying they should refrain from making the best choice for the country.

You have the opportunity to present the Commandments of God that demand Christians refrain from voting. If you can't then admit you are wrong! Your self righteous attitude and remarks are getting tiresome to say the least.

Voting for Mitt Romney has absolutely nothing to do with ones love for God! Nothing should affect the love of the Saints for God. If it will affect your love for God then by all means don't vote!

Yes! You make Pharisaical and hypocritical statements preaching to one and all and then say piously:

I would remind you what the Apostle tells us:

Romans 13:1. Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Paul continued but I will leave that to you.

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Let me see if I understand your reasoning

You're gonna stand before the Lord Jesus Christ at His BEMA seat and when He asks you about the 2012 election------you're gonna say (more or less along the lines)----"Lord! I did NOTHING!!"

You better come up with a better script than "I did NOTHING!!"

:type::type:

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You know my feelings aren't hurt that you make the same justifications for endorsing an anti-Christ candidate as do the people you like to point the finger at.

And you say best choice as though Obedience to God is a lesser choice than you thinking you're gonna elect someone who can "save" the country.:laugh:

And you have the opportunity to read instead of making baseless dispersions because you haven't seen anything where I have said refrain from voting. And if you can't, then just HUSH because your tireless endorsement for this anti-Christ candidate as someone who is in the best interest of the country echoes the same disobedience espoused by ancient Israel.

God doesn't need our votes to save the country. He'd much rather have our obedience to His Greatest Commandment.

But you go on and set about electing an anti-Christ as the best choice for the country and then wonder why everything is as it was with the previous anti-Christ candidate and getting worse.

Then in that regard, Repubs need to stop acting like Democrat Christians who vote for the candidate who is pro-gay and pro-baby murder are crazy and less than Christian.

Now you're upset because of what God's word says? You sure are going to bat for your anti-Christ candidate of choice.

And I would remind you what God's word says We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. 4 The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did. 1 John 2:4-6

So support an anti-Christ candidate and then pretend that it's a display of love for God. The world will be watching the hypocrisy.

#83 Zaac, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
  4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Doing nothing as opposed to endorsing a candidate who worships a god other than the One Who sits on the Bema Seat?

The one who does nothing or who votes for someone other than the two anti-Christ candidates will still be left with a witness for Christ that can withstand the barbs that will come from atheists and agnostics and those who worship false gods.

Becomes kinda difficult to speak against their worship of false gods while supporting a candidate who worships one.

And I'm sure that some don't think they will take notice of evangelicals backing the false god worshiper. But some also thought they wouldn't take notice of how the Church has made so little of God's covenant marriage.

5. OldRegular

Zaac: You are close to questioning my salvation and the salvation of all those who disagree with your self righteous rhetoric. Personally I could care less if you question my salvation, I might even feel flattered.

You keep ranting about God's commandments related to voting for Romney or Obama yet you have not produced anything.

I would also remind you that the United States is not Israel of the Old Testament. This is not God's chosen country. And the world could care less how we vote except perhaps Israel!

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Old Regular, give it a rest already. I've told you plenty in the past that you don't get to frame the conversation to make it look like I said something I did not. That seems to be your MO.

If I felt the need to question your salvation, I'd flat out do it and deal with the ensuing consequences. So please try another approach.:thumbs:

If anyone seems to be on a self-righteous kick it's you and all those who think your votes for an anti-Christ is gonna save the country when God says HE will heal the land.

Don't get upset with me just because I point out the same hypocrisy in Republican Christians that they want to point out in Democrat Christians.

Personally again, you can save this little MO for folks who don't know what you're trying to do.

Yet you keep ranting about my rant while ignoring the Scripture given.

Right, and I would also remind you that the world apparently doesn't care that Christians get drunk, divorce, steal, cuss, flick them the finger in traffic with their fish symbols in tow, or tell them their candidate is a baby murderer. [​IMG]

It's a blind Christian who thinks the world isn't paying attention to what Christians do. But most hypocrites don't think anyone sees their hypocrisy until folks are talking about it in the news.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Christian Hypocrisy Exposed

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Mitt Romney is a Mormon. Mormons aren’t Christians. But I’ll vote for Mitt Romney

Yep, if Christian evangelicals don't have a problem with a candidate worshiping a false god, they need to remain forever quiet about pro-baby murdering candidates.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you don't want to vote for either one, don't.

But...Neither is the anti-Christ.

That's just over the top hyperbole.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I won't.

I didn't say that either was THE AntiChrist. I said they are both anti-Christs. There's a difference.

11. OldRegular

Careful you don't break your arms patting yourself on the back!

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

What do you think Christians ought to do??? Just sorta idle around---lazy around until we finally get someone like Franklin Graham or some sorta Mike Huckabee Christian to run----then get all excited because "God's Maaaaaaaaaaan" is runnin'!!??????????

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And careful you don't break your legs trying to get into the booth to vote for an anti-Christ candidate while telling others how wrong they are for voting for the other anti-Christ candidate.

14. OldRegular

We had one, Jimmy Carter, a total failure. Those people who thought, or think, that God is going to solve this country's problems because a "Christian" is in the White House are delusional! Look what shape the ""Christian""? world was in when we had the "Divine right of Kings"!

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Christians ought to do what God says to do: OBEY

Nobody said that the candidate has to be perfect. But as I've said repeatedly, Christians have taken issue for years about candidates who are pro-abortion or pro-gay. Are those issues more important than being pro-Jesus?

One would get the distinct impression that they are considering all the railing and in the words of Old Regular, "patting on the back" that Christians have given themselves for being against the pro-abortion, pro-same-sex marriage candidates while backing an anti-Jesus candidate.

we should be consistent or just hush. Because as the one writer put it, Christians are exposing that like the non-Christians , they have a political agenda that has everything to do with themselves and their place in this world and nothing to do with bringing folks into God's Kingdom.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Now who said this?

Scripture, again says 14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chr. 7:14

But instead of turning from our wicked ways, we're embracing them by embracing a man who is an anti-Christ.

Again, this is moot as no one said that electing a Christian would heal the land. But electing a Christian as opposed to someone who worships a false god is a good place for Christians who desire to be right with God to start.

Unfortunately, when you're faced with what we are this time, Christians think it's okay to disobey the Greatest Commandment in order to stop the bleeding.

It is not. The land won't be healed for the same reason it wasn't when a Carter took office: God's UNHUMBLE, un turning from their wicked ways people.

17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

sigh....Not sure why this needs to be explained but I will be graceful here.

There is no doubt that failure to believe in Jesus is a greater sin than abortion or homosexuality. But Romney is not going to lead the nation into the LDS. The consequences of abortion is the issue not that it is a sin. The consequences of homosexuality is the issue not just that it is a sin.

Since there will be no religious consequences due to a Romney Presidency then there is no comparison to be made between the LDS and the other two issues.

Now you are going to most likely ignore these facts and continue on your false tirade. But all along the way we will continue to laugh at your ridiculous and baseless argument. Good luck with that.:thumbs:

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And I find it VERY difficult to believe that any Christian believes this. If this is what Christians believe, why have they said for years that Mormonism is a cult?

And to say that having a Mormon as the leader of the free world will bring about no religious consequences is akin to saying that having an atheist as the leader of the free world will bring about no religious consequences.

I just don't on any level believe that you REALLY believe that statement.

What facts? Where have you shown factual evidence that something will not take place in the FUTURE as a consequence of something else that could possibly take place in the future?:laugh:

If you want baseless, look at what you just said. You're presenting as fact something that hasn't happened. Where's your factual evidence that there will be no consequences?

Perhaps its THAT type of statement that prompted God to say that if His people would HUMBLE themselves and turn from their wicked ways.

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And there we have it. Just as I said. Nice!:thumbs: By the way I like your stops sign, saved it my my computer. Thanks

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's right. There we have it. You make out like you've got factual evidence about the consequences of something that hasn't happened and then flippantly dismiss that little fact by highlighting that you said I would ignore facts you couldn't possibly have yet.

Good grief man. You may need to take a break.:laugh:

And you're welcome on the stop sign.