1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Israeli soldiers have depraved “fun” making “Rachel Corrie pancakes”

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by poncho, Jul 20, 2013.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Israeli soldiers had a “fun” time making what they called “Rachel Corrie pancakes.”

Photos of the event were posted on the Facebook page of the “Heritage House,” a settlement in occupied East Jerusalem that houses so-called “lone soldiers,” men recruited from overseas to join the Israeli occupation forces.

CONTINUE . . .

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

Biased, prejudicial and false.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Maybe but I prefer to hear both sides of the story before passing judgement. Am I to assume by your reply that you are of the opinion that attempting to call attention away from the IDF soldiers having fun making light of a young woman's death isn't also being prejudicial and biased?

#3 poncho, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
  4. thisnumbersdisconnected

I'm attempting to show you your interpretation of events are incorrect. You apparently don't prefer to hear both sides or you wouldn't have leaped to an erroneous conclusion.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So am I to assume now that asking a question = leaping to a conclusion?

Imho this event with the IDF soldiers needs no interpretation. The meaning is self evident. They think it's funny to make light of a young woman's death and anyone that disagrees is an anti semite. Yes I read the whole article including the comment section.

That's not much different than Obama supporters calling anyone that disagrees with them a racist.

#5 poncho, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
  6. thisnumbersdisconnected

Good. Then you know it is a Facebook page posted by Ali Abunimah. He accuses Israel of practicing apartheid. His website, which matches the name of his Facebook page -- Electronic Intifada -- is virulently anti-Israel and he advocates a one-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian issue, which of course would be a state run by Hamas.

The article you read is pure hogwash, a blatant propagandist lie which you have posted after swallowing hook, line and sinker. And now you've been caught defending the article without even knowing where it came from. Good day, and God bless.

That's not much different than Obama supporters calling anyone that disagrees with them a racist.[/QUOTE]

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]

In all my years here I must say you are THE most uninformed deluded and biased person I have ever had the displeasure of meeting.

And I've met some real rank sour pusses! But you take the cake hands down.

What makes you so sour? Don't tell me let me guess the IDF didn't invite you to the Rachel Corie pancake supper so you could yuk it up with them about how they killed that blatantly anti semitic little girl that dared to stand up to their blessed holy bulldozer, right? I bet you'd have run her over yourself with glee then cut her heart out and ate it!! Man do I ever feel bad for your family having to put up with you. I have no doubt they cringe and look for a place to run and hide when they see you coming. WoW!!! You have absolutely no empathy for others at all do you?

You really need to see your doctor about uping the dosage on your meds. Sheesh.

Be warned folks this guy here is a prime example of what watching to much Fox news will do to your brain. The IDF should recruit him as a secret weapon and turn him loose on the Arabs they'd all be dead in a week! Men women and children! His prejudice alone could be classified as a weapon of mass destruction.

#7 poncho, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
  8. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

9. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Considering the source of this information is from a KNOWN TERRORIST SITE, yes, I'd say it's pretty biased.

It is funny that the author vows to desire the "end of the Palestinian/Israel impasse" when the Palestinian Authority nor ANY of its ilk would ever admit that Israel has a right to exist, and have never wanted a 2 state solution. The only "impasse" PA sees is Jews and Christians living in Israel.

The Israeili solider had a complete investigation done and was exonerated over Rachel Corrie's death. But, just like in America, when someone is tried and exonerated there are always instigators that will still claim that racism played a part in a conspiracy to cover up the truth (as in the recent George Zimmerman case in the US).

Rachel's death although tragic, could have been avoided by her remaining out of the way of a scheduled LEGAL demolition of known terrorist housing areas. The Intifada groups and PA have no problem when Israeli homes were demolished in Gaza and Golen Heights where thousands of Israelis were left homeless, thousands of jobs lost, and Israeli being deprived of 15% of it's economic income due to being forced out of Gaza which rightfully belongs to Israel in the first place.

10. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

That isn't a "news" article in any real sense. Soldiers of all nations are sometimes (or can be) rather heart-less, insensitive and cruel. It sorta-goes with the job.

I remember as a U.S. Marine occasionally engaging in some rather insensitive and somewhat heart-less minor and insignifigant things. (We had some starving Muslims who would beg us for food and we would throw ham and other pork products at them).

Cruel? yes. Regretable? yes. But soldiers do that. I saw a member of the French Foreign Legion cook a dead enemy's head and eat it. Soldiers become desensitized to human suffering sometimes. They have to be in a way...they usually re-discover their more human side when they leave military service too. And they aren't always proud of some of the things they did at the time.

Anyone who has been in any real fighting unit, knows that people react by becoming somewhat hardened and insensitive sometimes. That doesn't excuse it....but it isn't news.
    This isn't a news article.... it's a hatchet job. It's an editorial. I would bet you $1,000 there were some American military personell who did the same thing.... I know some Iraq war veterans who tried to smuggle fingers and ears from dead Iraqi soldiers back to the U.S. wanna write a piece about that? I bet you other Israeli soldiers did something similar too, there just wasn't someone there to dig it up and publicize it.

One article you WON'T read is one of Israeli soldiers in masks hacking off the head of a screaming American journalist, filming it, and praising Allah for the righteous deed.

11. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about government paid and fed soldiers who rape and kill womenfolk in front of their menfolk before massacring an entire village, or hamlet ?
    How about government paid and fed soldiers using young men as stepping stones to cross a shallow creek ?
    How about government paid and fed soldiers raping a young woman and then pouring acid down her throat ?
    How about government paid and fed soldiers getting medals of bravery for participation in an operation against "communist rebels" by firing rockets into fleeing CIVILIAN residents of a mountain village and strafing them with 50 caliber fire from their hueys ?
    oh, by the way, I'm not talking of the Vietnam war.

and here you got soldiers calling their pancakes rachel corrie and we're upset ?
    softies.

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    . . . but that's okay, because they're Jews.

13. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...Israel could nuke us and there'd be some idiots that would say. 'that's OK, they're God's chosen people.

14. thisnumbersdisconnected

Neither are you talking about US military reality in any war, either. You are guilty of reading/listening to/digesting and regurgitating the same ill swill of the propagandists Poncho devours.

15. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd hazard they are considered eligable to serve because of Israel's Law of Return, not because Israel is forming its own Foreign Legion.

16. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    nope. I'm talking "sheet" (wrongly spelled, of course) happens worse anywhere, sheet worse than Israeli soldiers calling their pancakes whatever.
    and I wasn't thinking of US soldiers.
    the scenarios I described happened in my birth country, the Philippines, and the troops involved were Philippine troops of that long-ago era which also coincided with the Vietnam era.
    so, chill.