1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Show Me The Proof.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Mar 19, 2014.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    could be because he has a life he's really busy with.
    no disrespect to those who have thousands of posts after less than a few years, okay ?
    just saying....

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Hmmm, let's see what has the Rev said in this thread?

"And nothing was mentioned about what he knows about the topic at hand"

What a surprise the Rev accuses another of what he is guilty of himself . . . again.

#42 poncho, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
  3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. thisnumbersdisconnected

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'd just like to ask how you know these videos can be trusted?

Show us all how you verified each one. I mean you fell for the "I'm a Ukrainian" video without even knowing who made it or posted it to youtube and when I showed you who made the video and who and what he was connected to you responded by calling me names.

So how are we supposed to trust your judgement on these videos?

Will you show us how you went about verifying them or will you give us another lesson on how to go about trying to demonizing someone who asks you question you either don't want to or can't answer?

#45 poncho, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
  6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

My exact words below.

"If anyone here who has been claiming Russia has invaded Ukraine without provocation can provide solid evidence that it is indeed the case please do it here."

Here they are again with the pertinent words in bold.

"If anyone here who has been claiming Russia has invaded Ukraine"

I never asked for proof that Russia invaded Crimea did I?

#46 poncho, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
  7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

House Intel Boss: Putin Looking to Invade Eastern Europe

Meanwhile multiple sources report no sign of Russian military build-up

Kurt Nimmo
    Infowars.com
    March 30, 2014

Rep. Mike Rogers, a Michigan Republican and the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, told Fox News today Russian President Vladimir Putin is preparing to invade Ukraine and other nations in Eastern Europe. Rogers made the claim despite a complete lack of evidence.

Rogers said Russian troops are ready to move into South Ossetia and may go into Armenia and the Baltic states. Rogers insisted Russia is engaged in a “covert operation” designed to rile up Russian-speaking residents of Ukraine and agitate them to push for secession. He said intelligence officers and special forces did the same in Crimea, which ultimately voted to secede from Ukraine and the junta installed by the State Department.

< snip >

NBC News dispelled this fairy tale recently when it sent researchers to fact check the claim taken as gospel truth by the corporate propaganda media in the United States. Despite its slanted reportage demonizing Russia, NBC News reported it did not encounter significant military build-up along 500 miles of Ukraine’s eastern border.

Moreover, last week the Pentagon admitted Russia is not conducting exercises on its border with Ukraine as the administration and no small number of hyperbolic members of Congress claim. They have called for sanctions levied against Russia and military and economic aid for Ukraine. The junta in Kyiv added fuel to the propaganda blitz when U.S. Olexander Motsyk said there were about 100,000 troops amassed at the Ukraine border.

Russian media has insisted all along troops are not amassing along the border, but these reports, including the results of an aerial monitoring operation, were summarily dismissed by the establishment media in the United States.

“Western observers have found no evidence of a military build-up along Russia’s border with Ukraine, the Russian foreign ministry said on its website Friday,” The Wall Street Journal reported last week. “The statement from Russia’s foreign ministry referred to inspections by Ukrainian and Western observers as well as survey flights by German and U.S. planes over the border territory, all of which, it said, found no evidence of military escalation.”

http://www.infowars.com/house-intel-boss-putin-looking-to-invade-eastern-europe/

No wonder y'all are having such a hard time finding evidence to back up the much repeated claim "Russia invaded Ukraine".

Oh yeah and BTW TND while I'm thinking about it I haven't let it slip by me that you attempted to bolster you're "position" by using blogs and youtube vidoes after you said they weren't credible sources of information.

What's up with that? Did you mean to say they aren't credible sources of information if anyone but you cites them?

#47 poncho, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Technically, no, you didn't ask for proof of Russia invading Crimea. But since Crimea is a state inside of Ukraine, Russia has invaded Ukraine.

For example, if Mexico invaded the state of Arizona that would be an invasion of the U.S. Same idea here.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That's weird. If I said something like that I would be accused of playing words games.

So the Russians that have been stationed in Crimea for decades invaded Ukraine by showing up in Crimea, where they've been for decades.

Is that what you're saying?

Maybe you can tell me when did it become acceptable to use internet blogs and youtube videos as evidence? The last I knew guys like you TND and the Rev were all saying they weren't credible sources of information but now you're using them as if they are credible sources of information.

So what's changed?

#49 poncho, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm saying they have used personnel from the naval base and also brought in additional troops and positioned them at power stations, power plants, TV stations, newspapers, voting booths, etc. to intimidate Crimean citizens. So yes, having naval personnel leave the naval base and get stationed around the country of Crimea is against treaties and having new troops enter Crimea from Russia is an invasion.

Nothing's changed. I never said blogs and/or YouTube videos were not credible sources of information, key word being credible. They need to be credible. Specifically, I have said that quoting Pravda is not a credible source of information.

You can see that post here:

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1928919&postcount=9

Please get your facts straight.

(Just realized how hilarious that admonition was...)

#50 InTheLight, Mar 31, 2014
  11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

And of course you have alot of youtube videos and the word of several members of the Atlantic Council a corporate sponsored think tank as proof.

To intimidate the Crimean people that just voted overwhelmingly to join the Russian federation? One has to wonder how much intimidation was needed. But I guess they had a clear choice, join the neo nazi coup government in Ukraine and be looted by the IMF or join the Russian federation to which the majority of them share cultural similarities like the Russian language which the coup government in Ukraine outlawed, lovers of freedom and democracy that they are.

Oh and it's been proven to be false by western and other outside observers that the Russians intimidated any Crimean at the voting booths.

And what makes them credible? TND's blessing?

I'm trying to do just that but it isn't easy when the propaganda and lies are pouring in and everyone is repeating them as fact as soon as they hit Faux Snews and youtube.

Maybe you should do the same? Here's some for ya . . . http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2099888&postcount=47

But I doubt you'll accept them as such because they pretty much show your youtube and Atlantic Council "facts" to be contrived.

Of course you did it's common knowledge that it's crazy to seek the truth in all the lies and distortions Washington and the corporate media spew everyday.

#51 poncho, Mar 31, 2014
  12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

NATO Exploits Phantom Russian Troop Build-up to Call for Militarizing Eastern Europe

Western observers find no evidence of military build-up on Russia’s border with Ukraine

Kurt Nimmo
    Infowars.com
    April 1, 2014

NATO continues to insist Russia is massing troops on the border of Ukraine despite a lack of evidence. The alliance will now use the phantom military build-up to increase its presence in Eastern Europe.

See Video Here: http://www.infowars.com/nato-exploits-phantom-russian-troop-build-up-to-call-for-militarizing-eastern-europe/

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So who and what is the Atlantic Council which is so well represented in the blog that ITL posted I presume as "proof" Russia invaded Ukraine?

Well for starters it is a corporate sponsored "think tank" as can be evidenced by looking at it's website.

http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/support/supporters

These are it's sponsors. These multinational corporate sponsors are the interests it serves. It doesn't serve the American people's interests nor does it serve the Ukrainian's interests. It serves multinational banking and corporate interests. Period.

It boast of having "experts" in it's "international advisory board" such as . . .

Zbigniew Brzezinski, National Security Advisor to Former President Jimmy Carter and author of the Grand Chessboard. Some of the quotes from that book can be seen HERE.

Victor L.L. Chu, Chairman, First Eastern Investment Group

Rupert Murdoch, Chairman and CEO, News Corporation. No conflict of interest here move along folks.

Bob Moritz, US Chairman and Senior Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers SEE THIS

Anyways most of them are big time investment bankers. You can see the rest HERE. So what have they got to do with America's foreign policy? Nothing because it's not America's foreign policy being carried out. It's the global banks and multinational corporation's foreign policy being carried out using American blood and treasure.

Most of what we hear about Ukraine comes from the mouths of multinational investment bankers and corporate raiders looking to loot Ukraine for all it's worth being dutifully repeated by the corporate media. If it's a success they'll reap the rewards if it fails we'll pay the costs and bail them out afterwards and as always the government is reaching into our pockets for the initial investment of 5 + 1 billion (so far) dollars to run the gambit for them which we the cash cows will not see one dime in return.

We have for far too long traded in our freedom and independence to these world-spanning corporations for the empty promise of convenience. In return we have gotten nothing but scandals, theft, and war that have bled our nation dry both financially and quite literally. These are the people to blame, and you can start exacting justice today by systematically boycotting and replacing each and every one of them.

http://landdestroyer.blogspot.com/2011/09/globalists-to-rebuild-libya.html

#53 poncho, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
  14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Found that proof yet?