1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are Catholics Saved?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by BlackSheepBaptist, Oct 1, 2014.

1. BlackSheepBaptist

BlackSheepBaptist New Member

Why or why not?:confused:

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why are you questioning other peoples salvation? You could be thrown off the board for that.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are some God fearing Catholics that believe salvation only comes from faith in the work of Christ and has nothing to do with their service to the church.

4. BlackSheepBaptist

Really, I can be thrown off of a (supposedly) Baptist forum, for simply asking if CATHOLICS are saved? What has this world come to?

5. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Yes Catholics are saved. They are in the Body of Christ.

6. BlackSheepBaptist

I agree, so I'll rephrase my question: Do you believe the gospel of Roman Catholicism saves?

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come on....you don't even give them an opportunity to defend themselves because they cant respond. At least play fair and put this thread in a forum that allows for it.....like the 'Other denomination ' forum. Hint hint.

8. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The hope is that many are saved by God despite the false teaching of the church.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is the RC gospel any different? I thought it was doctrine.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Ignorance is bliss, especially to a nominal Catholic who doesn't know much about their faith.

Let's not compare apples to oranges but rather make fair comparisons.
    For example, most of the people that post on here will only post here because they already have a fair knowledge of their own faith. They are not intimidated by others. Usually new believers do not post here, but rather pastors, and mature believers, correct?

Now, the Catholic who knows his Catechism, knows what the RCC teaches cannot both believe and understand the Catholic dogma and be saved at the same time. It is an impossibility.

The Catholic Church teaches: New birth = baptism in water.
    The Bible teaches that the above is heresy, and that the new birth is not by baptism, but is of God. It is a gift of God received by faith through the work of the Holy Spirit as he works through the Word of God. We call it regeneration.
    Baptismal regeneration is heresy. No one can be saved through baptism.
    That is what the RCC teaches.
    One cannot be a Christian believing that baptism saves. It is impossible to go to heaven believing that your baptism is getting you there. And that is only the first step.

11. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

That's a pretty broad brush you're using there, plain_n_simple. I would never issue a blanket statement that Baptists are saved, as a whole, because that's not for me to know.

There is only one person on this earth that I am sure of when it comes to salvation, and that's myself. I've heard several people give their testimony, but even then, I can only be sure of me.

Or did you mean to type that the "Body of Christ is in them?":smilewinkgrin: If so, there's another thread where we've thoroughly debated the heresy of transubstantiation. :tongue3:

12. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is like saying that Baptists are saved.

As I understand the Gospels, regarding salvation, church affiliation means nothing. It is between the individual and Christ.

13. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So you believe in universal salvation of all professing Christians irregardless of what gospel they espouse? So your gospel and the Catholic gospel are one and the same?

Do you know what the Catholic church claims is the gospel of salvation? They believe that salvation comes through the sacraments and salvation is found in membership of their church. They believe justification and righteousness is imparted in baptism and through the Mass.

They have never withdrawn their belief that all who believe in justification by faith alone in Christ alone without works are "accursed".

So again, do you believe that Catholics who have embraced this kind of gospel can be saved by that gospel???

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My point is validated then.....its doctrine that is wrong....not Gospel. These people completely believe in Christ but also believe in the "The catholic church is the one true church horse manure" .... that breeds contempt for other Christian doctrines that are not in league with their own. to criticize the Pope and the holy see is both contemptible & highly treasonous. See its a club, not unlike the Calvies, the Mormons, the 7 Dayers. If your not in with them, then your the enemy, and you must be destroyed. Dat the fak Jack!

15. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If any Catholic is saved, he's saved in spite of Catholic doctrine and not because of it.

16. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You believe the craziest stuff Jack. Is your Primitive Baptist clique a club too? Or have y-o-u arrived spiritually?

"You must be destroyed" --really? Where are you getting all your hatred?

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

There are saved Catholics like there are saved Baptists. Neither are saved simply because they adhere to Catholic or Baptist tenets.

Perhaps a better question would be "how do you identify that a Catholic accepts that the only way he can be saved is by grace through faith"? other than just asking of course? :laugh:

#17 Zaac, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  18. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I t is not going to be sad for you, seeing I'm Primitive Baptist, me say I agree with you as your words are stated.:thumbsup:

19. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gospelly ? Not one of them. Saved,as in, by Christ's finished work ? Some, yes, especially those of the "laity".

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Take a hike