1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Great Questions Thread, where I Question, you Answer according to Scripture [KJB]

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by One Baptism, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OB: Have you ever heard of the Kiss method?

Folks (including myself) are not inclined to read overly long posts. It's just too much trouble and time-consuming. If you really want to convey something, do it in shorter, plainly stated posts.

2. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

Ok, since no one is attempting to answer, I will get to give the Answer again. Yeah! :thumbsup:

Part 1

Pontius Pilated asked, but in such a way that did not really seek for the Answer, who stood right in front of Him:

John 18:38 - Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault [at all].

The Bible defines Truth for us in the following manner:

[1] God, is the God of Truth, and in Him is no Lie, and He cannot Lie, He is Truth:

Exodus 34:6 - And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,

Deuteronomy 32:4 - [He is] the Rock, his work [is] perfect: for all his ways [are] judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right [is] he.

Psalm 31:5 - Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.

Psalm 86:15 - But thou, O Lord, [art] a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

Isaiah 65:16 - That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

Mark 12:32 - And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

Titus 1:2 - In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

[2] Jesus Christ is the Truth:

John 1:14 - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 1:17 - For the law was given by Moses, [but] grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

John 5:33 - Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

[3] The Holy Spirit Himself is Truth:

John 14:17 - [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 15:26 - But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:13 - Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

1 John 2:27 - But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

1 John 4:6 - We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

1 John 5:6 - This is he that came by water and blood, [even] Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

[4] The Gospel is the Truth:

Galatians 2:5 - To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

Galatians 2:14 - But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before [them] all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Galatians 3:1 - O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Galatians 5:7 - Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

Ephesians 1:13 - In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Colossians 1:5 - For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;

2 Thessalonians 2:13 - But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

1 Timothy 2:4 - Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

[5] In the Church is the Truth:

Zechariah 8:3 - Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.

1 Timothy 3:15 - But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

1 John 3:19 - And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

2 John 1:1 - The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;

2 John 1:4 - I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

3 John 1:3 - For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.

3 John 1:4 - I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

[6] The word of God is the Truth:

1 Kings 17:24 - And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that thou [art] a man of God, [and] that the word of the LORD in thy mouth [is] truth.

Psalm 33:4 - For the word of the LORD [is] right; and all his works [are done] in truth.

Psalm 138:2 - I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Daniel 10:21 - But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and [there is] none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.

Daniel 11:2 - And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than [they] all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia.

John 17:17 - Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

John 17:19 - And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

2 Corinthians 6:7 - By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,

1 Thessalonians 2:13 - For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received [it] not [as] the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

2 Timothy 2:15 - Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

James 1:18 - Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

[7] God's Commandments and Law are all Truth, even Eternal:

Psalm 111:7 - The works of his hands [are] verity and judgment; all his commandments [are] sure.

Psalm 111:8 - They stand fast for ever and ever, [and are] done in truth and uprightness.

Psalm 119:142 - Thy righteousness [is] an everlasting righteousness, and thy law [is] the truth.

Psalm 119:151 - Thou [art] near, O LORD; and all thy commandments [are] truth.

Isaiah 25:1 - O LORD, thou [art] my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful [things; thy] counsels of old [are] faithfulness [and] truth.

Isaiah 26:2 - Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in.

Revelation 22:14 - Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Malachi 2:6 - The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.

Romans 2:8 - But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

Psalm 119:172 - My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments [are] righteousness.

Isaiah 48:18 - O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

Proverbs 3:3 - Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:

Proverbs 7:3 - Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.

2 Corinthians 3:3 - [Forasmuch as ye are] manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Part 1

#22 One Baptism, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
  3. One Baptism

Part 2

[8] The Truth endureth forever, for it is the Foundation of God's throne, and Mercy is His seat, a defense unto His people:

Psalm 117:2 - For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD [endureth] for ever. Praise ye the LORD.

Psalm 146:6 - Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein [is]: which keepeth truth for ever:

Exodus 20:11 - For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Psalm 25:3 - Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

Psalm 25:4 - Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.

Psalm 25:5 - Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou [art] the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Daniel 4:37 - Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works [are] truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

Psalm 40:10 - I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.

Psalm 89:14 - Justice and judgment [are] the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face.

Psalm 91:4 - He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth [shall be thy] shield and buckler.

Psalm 96:13 - Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

Proverbs 20:28 - Mercy and truth preserve the king: and his throne is upholden by mercy.

[9] All the Paths of the LORD are Truth:

Psalm 25:10 - All the paths of the LORD [are] mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

[10] No Lie, no false witness, is of the Truth:

Proverbs 22:20 - Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge,

Proverbs 22:21 - That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?

Ecclesiastes 12:10 - The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and [that which was] written [was] upright, [even] words of truth.

Isaiah 16:5 - And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Jeremiah 9:5 - And they will deceive every one his neighbour, and will not speak the truth: they have taught their tongue to speak lies, [and] weary themselves to commit iniquity.

Daniel 9:13 - As [it is] written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.

John 8:44 - Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

[11] By Mercy and Truth is Iniquity and Sin purged:

Proverbs 16:6 - By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD [men] depart from evil.

[12] The Truth can make one Free from the bonds, bondage, chains of darkness, slavery of Sin and Error:

John 8:32 - And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 8:46 - Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

Romans 1:25 - Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 13:6 - Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

2 Thessalonians 2:12 - That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2 Timothy 2:25 - In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

2 Timothy 4:4 - And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Titus 1:14 - Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

Hebrews 10:26 - For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

James 5:19 - Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;

1 Peter 1:22 - Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, [see that ye] love one another with a pure heart fervently:

2 Peter 1:12 - Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know [them], and be established in the present truth.

2 Peter 2:2 - And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

1 John 1:6 - If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

1 John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1 John 2:4 - He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 2:21 - I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

[13] Truth is resisted by corrupt and wicked men:

2 Timothy 3:8 - Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

There are some who will not accept the Bible's definition of Truth, and will substitute their own, yet it is written:

2 Corinthians 13:8 - For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

Galatians 4:16 - Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Part 2

#23 One Baptism, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
  4. One Baptism

Question [00003] : In the following Listed Points below, who is being spoken about and/or identified by them?

"Listed Points" as follows:

The Character:

[1.] Existed before in Heaven, before coming to earth
    [2.] a “mystery” surrounds his Gospel
    [3.] 30 Year period
    [4.] Had a 3 ½ Year timeframe that is spoken of in the prophecy of Scripture, that came after the 30 year period
    [5.] At the end of that 3 ½ Year timeframe*, He was taken captive
    [6.] the Head of a Body was killed by the State, and by very zealous people who cared not what God wanted
    [7.] after a period of time would pass, the Head of the Body was to live again
    [8.] part of His many titles, would include partly “Christ ...”, “Rock ...”, “Foundation ...”, “Prince ...”, “Son ...”, “Father ...” [having “children ...”], “King”, “Lord ...” and “God ...”

other factors of the existence:

[1.] would go down to Egypt
    [2.] would ride atop a beast
    [3.] would enter Jerusalem/Glorious Land
    [4.] He would have followers of many kinds of people
    [5.] would have “sheep” or flock
    [6.] would be above the “waters”
    [7.] would speak “dark sayings”
    [8.] would do many “miracles”
    [9.] taken up a war/great controversy
    [0.] would come with the “spirit”
    [A.] a day would come when he would be “revealed”
    [B.] A question surrounds him, “Who is like unto...” him?

...and many other such things...

Therefore, as asked, Who is being identified by those "Listed Points"?

This one is super easy, huh...

All too easy...

5. Gib

Gib Active Member

If you know the answers, why ask the questions?

6. One Baptism

Big Dave, please read the OP once more as a kindly favour to me, your brother, ok? In Charity [1 Cor 13].

I do hope there may be someone, other than myself, to attempt this [00003] Question. :)

7. Gib

Gib Active Member

No thanks T.A.

8. One Baptism

Ok brother, may then this New Thread, be of more liking to you and all, in Love:

Great Questions Thread [2], where You Question, I Answer according to Scripture [KJB]

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=99139

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

The sword is symbolic of the Word of God. In Rev. 1, out of Jesus' mouth came a sword. The one thing that kept Adam from the Tree of Life was a flaming sword(Gen. 3). The gospel(Word of God empowered by the Spirit), is what sinners have to go through to get to Jesus...Tree of Life was symbolic of Jesus...

#29 convicted1, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
  10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

When Pontius Pilate asked 'what is truth', He was looking right at him...

11. One Baptism

Indeed, for Jesus is the True Tree of Life:

The True Tree of Life, is Jesus Christ:

John 1:4 - In him was life; and the life was the light of men. John 1:4

John 6:57 - As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. [See Genesis 3:22, “... take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever.”]

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

2 Timothy 1:1 - Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Matthew 7:17 - Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

Matthew 7:18 - A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Luke 6:43 - For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Luke 6:44 - For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

Luke 23:31 - For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?

Acts 5:30 - The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

Acts 10:39 - And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

Acts 13:29 - And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.

Galatians 3:13 - Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

1 Peter 2:24 - Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

And the "Leaves" (Jeremiah 36:23) are the pages of the word of God:

Psalms 1:3 - And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Jeremiah 17:8 - For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

Ezekiel 47:12 - And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

Revelation 22:2 - In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

and the Fruit there of is ... :thumbsup:

What is the Fruit of the Tree of Life?

Song of Solomon - As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.

Genesis 1:11 - And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

[1] The Fruit of Righteousness:

James 3:18 - And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Hebrews 12:11 - Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Amos 6:12 - Shall horses run upon the rock? will one plow there with oxen? for ye have turned judgment into gall, and the fruit of righteousness into hemlock:

Philippians 1:11 - Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

[2] The Fruit of Thanksgiving:

Hebrews 13:15 - By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

[3] The Fruit of Holiness:

Romans 6:22 - But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

[4-10] The Fruit of the Spirit which is Love [For God is love], which is Christ Jesus, the First Fruits - Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith:

Galatians 5:22 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Ephesians 5:9 - (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

1 Corinthians 15:23 - But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

[11] The Fruit of Wisdom, which is pure, peaceable, gentle, easy to be intreated, full of mercy, without partiality and hypocrisy:

James 3:11 - But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

[12] The Fruits meet for Repentance:

Matthew 3:8 - Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

There is of course, a whole lot more that could be shared and gained, when we begin to really look and ask God to reveal His marvelous truths to us.

God bless you.

#31 One Baptism, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
  12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

One caveat...Jesus is not the Tree of Life in the Garden, imo. That Tree was symbolic of Him. Just like the Spirit isn't water, but He is the 'Water of Life'...the bible uses symbols/allegories to convey truth(s)...

13. One Baptism

Oh I agree with you, wholeheartedly, for Scripture is most clear:

1 Corinthians 15:46 - Howbeit that [was] not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbs::thumbsup:

15. One Baptism

Would you like to attempt the Third question? I have a surprise on that one.

16. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

--Jesus Christ
    --Word of God
    --Son of God
    --Only One begotten of the Father, full of Grace & Truth
    --Prince of Peace
    --Scapegoat
    --Sacrificial Lamb

All of these are One and the same...

17. One Baptism

Good try, but this one was not to be so easy... Look again (please), you might be surprised :

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2210191&postcount=24
    ...yep...

...so...

...easy...

...yet...

I wasn't really talking about Jesus Christ, except as He was/is being counterfeited.

Let's look again, shall we?

The Character:

[1] Existed before in Heaven, before coming to earth – like as Jesus [Psalms 90:2, 93:2; Micah 5:2; John 8:58, etc], so too the counterfeit [Satan/Lucifer existed before in Heaven, before coming to earth [Isaiah 14:12; Revelation 12:7, etc]]

[2] a “mystery” surrounds his Gospel – like as Jesus [“mystery of Godliness” 1 Timothy 3:16; see also Romans 15:25; Ephesians 6:19; Revelation 10:7], so too the counterfeit [the “mystery of iniquity” [2 Thessalonians 2:7], false Gospels [Galatians 1:6-9]]

[3] 30 Year period – like as Jesus [Luke 3:23] so too the counterfeit, a system on Earth [AD 508 to AD 538, is 30 years, the difference in starting points of the 1,290/1,335 and 1,260 years prophecies]

[4] Had a 3 ½ Year timeframe that is spoken of in the prophecy of Scripture, that came after the 30 year period - like as Jesus [Daniel 9:27; Hebrews 2:3], so too the counterfeit [AD 538 – AD 1798, is 1,260 Years, or 3 ½ prophetic times - Daniel 7:25, 12:7; Revelation 11:2-3, 12:6,14, 13:5; Luke 21:24.]

[5] At the end of that 3 ½ Year timeframe*, He was taken captive, even as the counterfeit in AD 1798, Pope taken captive (see the end of the 1,260 and 1,290 in Daniel).

[6] the Head of a Body was killed by the State, and by very zealous people who cared not what God wanted - so too the counterfeit, even as the Papacy receives a “deadly wound” [Revelation 13:3,12] but the Body lives], the people were the Atheistic led state of France, under Napoleon [Revelation 11:7-8 “beast from the bottomless pit”]]

[7] after a period of time would pass, the Head of the Body was to live again – like as Jesus [Mark 16:6; John 20:9; Acts 26:23, etc], so too the counterfeit [“deadly wound” would eventually become healed and life would be given [Daniel 11:40[b.]; Revelation 13:3,12, 17:11]]

[8] part of His many titles, would include partly – like as Jesus ["...the Prince of the Host..." [Daniel 8:11]; "...the Prince of Princes..." [Daniel 8:25]; "...Messiah the Prince..." [Daniel 9:25]; "...Michael, one of the Chief Princes..." [Daniel 10:13]; "...Michael your Prince..." [Daniel 10:21]; "...the prince of the covenant..." [Daniel 11:22]; "...Michael...the Great Prince..." [Daniel 12:1]; "...the Prince of Peace..." [Isaiah 9:6]; "...the Prince of Life..." [Acts 3:15]; "...a Prince and a Saviour..." [Acts 5:31]; "...Jesus Christ...Prince of the Kings of the Earth..." [Revelation 1:5;], so too the counterfeit “... Christ ...” [1 John 2:18,22, 4:3; 2 John 1:7], “Rock ...” [Deuteronomy 32:31,37]; “Foundation ...” [Job 22:16; Jeremiah 51:24-26]; “Prince ...” [Matthew 9:34, 12:24; Mark 3:22; John 12:31, 14:30, 16:11; Ephesians 2:2, 6:12; Colossians 1:16, 2:15], “Son ...” [“son of perdition” John 17:12; 2 Thessalonians 2:3], “Father ...” [John 8:44] [having “children ...” [“children of disobedience” Ephesians 2:2, 5:6; Colossians 3:6]; “child of the devil” Acts 13:10], “King ...” [Revelation 9:11], “Lord ...” [“Baal” Numbers 22:41, … Romans 11:4] and “God ...” [“god of this world” 2 Corinthians 4:4; “I am God” Ezekiel 28:9]

other factors of the existence:

[1] would go down to Egypt – like as Jesus [Hosea 11:1; Matthew 2:15], so too the counterfeit [“Egypt represents worldliness/humanism”, Daniel 11:40-42]

[2] would sit/ride atop a beast – so too the counterfeit who would “sit upon a scarlet coloured beast” Revelation 17:3.

[3] would enter Jerusalem/Glorious Land, so too the counterfeit in Daniel 11:41,45, as it even now is conquering secular humanism/atheism (they declared war in AD 2013).

[4] He would have followers of many kinds of people - like as Jesus [John 12:9], so too the counterfeit, [Daniel 11:43; Revelation 13:3]

[5] would have “sheep” or flock – like as Jesus [Psalms 77:20, 80:1; Ezekiel 34:11,12,31; Luke 15:6; John 10:3,14,27, 21:16,17, etc], so too the counterfeit [John 10:26]

[6] would be above the “waters” - like as Jesus [Job 9:8; Psalms 29:3; Matthew 14:25-33; Mark 6:48-51; John 6:19-21 [see also Genesis 1:2]], so too the counterfeit, Revelation 17:1,15; Isaiah 14:14-15; Jeremiah 51:13]

[7] would speak “dark sayings” - like as Jesus [Psalms 49:4, 78:2; Proverbs 1:6; Ezekiel 17:2; Matthew 13:34; Mark 4:13,34, see also “mystery[ies]” Matthew 13:11; Mark 4:11; Luke 8:10; Romans 11:25, 16:25; 1 Corinthians 2:7, 4:1, 13:2, 14:2, 15:51; Ephesians 1:9, 3:3,4,9, 5:32, 6:19; Colossians 1:26,27, 2:2, 4:3; 2 Thessalonians 2:7; 1 Timothy 3:9,16; Revelation 1:20, 10:7, 17:5,7. See also “riddle” in Numbers 12:8; Judges 14:12-19. See also “hard questions” in 1 Kings 10:1; 2 Chronicles 9:1. See also “...take up a parable … a taunting proverb...” Habakkuk 2:6;p. To speak in proverbs is to speak in symbols, John 16:29 “His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.”, thus, as it is written, Proverbs 25:2 “[It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter.”], so too the counterfeit “dark sentences” Daniel 8:23]

[8] would do many “miracles” - like as Jesus [John 7:31, etc, so too the counterfeit Acts 8:10; Revelation 13:14, 16:14, 19:20; see also 2 Timothy 3:8, see also Job, etc]

[9] taken up a war/great controversy – like as Jesus [Exodus 15:3; Isaiah 42:13; Luke 14:32; Revelation 17:14], so too the counterfeit, Revelation 13:4, 17:14, 19:19]

[0] would come with the “spirit” - like as Jesus [“spirit of Christ” Romans 8:9; 1 Peter 1:11, etc], so too the counterfeit [“spirit of antichrist” 1 John 4:3]

[A] a day would come when he would be “revealed” - like as Jesus [“revelation” 1 Peter 1:13; “coming” 2 Thessalonians 2:8], so too the counterfeit [“revealed” 2 Thessalonians 2:3,6,8]

[B.] A question surrounds him, “Who is like unto...” him? - like as Jesus [Daniel 12:1; Exodus 15:11; 1 Kings 8:23; Psalms 71:19; see also Deuteronomy 33:26; 2 Chronicles 6:14; Job 36:22; Psalms 35:10, 86:8, 89:8, 113:5; Jeremiah 10:6-7; Micah 7:18], so too the counterfeit "Who [is] like unto the beast?" [Revelation 13:4]

#37 One Baptism, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
  18. One Baptism

I want to thank you very much brother convicted1, for taking the time to reply. I very much appreciate it and means a lot to me. It says something about you and your kindness and love of Christ Jesus, and his love in you.

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to utilize the other Great Questions Thread, or invite me to one of your own. Would be glad to spend more time in the word of God with you on anything therein, ok?

Have a good night, and I pray to be back on another day.

:godisgood:

...but more than that, God is love.

#38 One Baptism, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
  19. One Baptism

Question [00004]: According to Scripture, who is the "Ye" of "Ye are the salt of the earth"?

20. lakeside

lakeside New Member

One Baptism, you forgot one and that is in Acts 9: 4, where Jesus identifies with His church and refers it as "Me ". St. Paul never directly persecuted Jesus but He did persecute His church. So we can also say that when the "church "teaches [ official doctrines of the Christian Faith ] it is still Christ teaching to the world.