1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God's love question

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Judith, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really much here.

Half a verse?

Did you miss the Scripture presented along with that half a verse?

All means all and men means men...

God bless.

2. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    another fine text....that does not teach what you say....[/QUOTE]

Still no address of the points.

And silence?

You have said absolutely nothing.

Except to deny the Gospel...

Here it is again:

Acts 2:32-40

King James Version (KJV)

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Your argument does not stand, as no argument denying the Gospel of Christ stands.

And you really need to learn how to properly quote. Just copy and paste the code that looks like this...

(QUOTE=Iconoclast;2222794)

...before each quote and follow each quote with...

(/QUOTE)

(brackets [ ] changed to parentheses ( ) to disable code so you can see them)

God bless.

3. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [/QUOTE]

Repeated claims of "I know Scripture and you do not" hardly qualify as answering the points.

"This has nothing to do with the topic"?

Puh-leeeze...

All means all and man means man.

God bless.

4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently you do not like the verses I gave.

Why else have you completely ignored them?

God bless.

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Exclusivity Of God's Love

You are again in opposition to God's Holy Word.
    You need to read with more understanding.

The Lord disciplines the one he loves,
    and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.
    Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children.
    For what children are not disciplined by their father?
    If you are not disciplined --and everyone undergoes discipline --then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. (NIV)

It is saying that God's discipline is upon everyone he loves. It is not saying that his love resides on those He does not discipline.
    Yes. Those whom the Lord loves he rebukes and disciplines.

Nobody who is honest will claim the opposite. The Lord's love doesn't rest on those he does not rebuke and does not discipline.

"Actually" it does not. Re-read the text of verses 4-7:
    "But when the kindness and love of God our Saviour appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Saviour, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. (NIV)

The passage says "he saved us" twice. The Lord saved certain ones --not every individual. Only certain ones receive mercy --not every person. Only certain ones have a rebirth --not every soul. Only particular persons are given a renewal by the Holy Spirit "poured out generously" --not everyone. Only certain ones are justified by his grace and made heirs with the hope of eternal life --not everyone.
    Math is not your forte --neither is your theology.

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, (NIV)

That is not any kind of generic love --it is His particular love shed on the elect. Notice the pronoun "us" that is said three times. Only His elect are seated with Him in the heavenly realms --because He chose to make "us" alive. It's due solely to His great "love for us" you should note.

The word "world" is not in the text. So your vanology comes up short once again.

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

As I said before, your soteriology is as sloppy as your eschatology and your posting technique.

You are a slicer and dicer to be sure.

You have cut out anything you knew you could not answer.

Anyone can make claims of knowing Scripture, and like you have, call your antagonist satanic.

But you know that every word you said was quoted and answered, and you could not do the same, because you know that...

...all means all, and men means men, and that your doctrine denies some very simple truths which hinder your theology system:

John 1:8-10

King James Version (KJV)

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

That the world knew Him not does not change the fact that He was the True Light which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Perhaps if I over-emphasized my text and believe like you that this makes what I say more true you might understand what the Word, which I have not altered...actually states.

Romans 5:18

King James Version (KJV)

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

All men means all men.

You won't change the fact that the Gift of God is given unto all men, though only those who believe will be saved.

Let's see you actually address these two passages this time.

Spare me "What I believe is right and what you believe is wrong..."

...and address the Scripture.

God bless.

7. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it in this...

John 1:8-10

King James Version (KJV)

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

...?

And does this...

Romans 5:18

King James Version (KJV)

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

...not say that the free gift came upon all men?

God bless.

8. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I suspected you had nothing to say you guys never do now you've removed all doubt these empty replies and you have no interest in really discussing the topic because you can't make your case from the Scriptures

#68 Iconoclast, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
  9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've said all there needs to be said. And I pointed out at least two passages which you completely ignored. Among many.

Try to address them. Show why they do not mean what they say.

You can kid yourself that you have not only been answered but answered well, but you know that is not the case. You have cut out anything that denies your Theology System.

Get to it. Two passages in the last post, address then.

God bless.

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    it's clear you don't understand Romans 5:12 21 for you to state Romans 518 stand by itself as if all men are justified that is ridiculous

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    you said nothing much less all that needs to be said.
    go back to zephiniah 3 and show me the love of God is for the whole world

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Typical: answer a question with a question.

Told you that you would run.

God bless.

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Address the Scripture.

Instead of making things up.

Of course, I guess sloppy quoting procedure allows for imposing something false as said by someone else.

Not one word you said was cut out. Not one word. And every word received a response.

Quote me saying Romans 1:18 "Stands by itself as if..." but wait...

...we see the imposition of what you want to see right there in those two little words...as if.

Since you cannot address the Scripture you are forced to cut the points out and answer with falsities.

Nice.

How does that make you feel, Iconoclast?

God bless.

14. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dc

Not one word you said was cut out. Not one word. And every word received a response.

How does that make you feel, Iconoclast?

/QUOTE]

I suppose I feel a bit sorry for you if you think you answered to the replies you were given your answers are completely incoherent to the responses that were offered to you

15. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

The Word here says that God hates sinners and no it does not mean that he loves them but hates their sin

16. Marooncat79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Psalm 11

5 The Lord examines the righteous,
    but the wicked, those who love violence,
    he hates with a passion.

17. Marooncat79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is expressed in "common grace". They breathe God's air, have families, have homes and food etc. even marriage is a common grace experienced by the lost.

John 3:16 is a call to all men an women to believe the Gospel. It does not mean that he loves the elect and the lost to the same degree

18. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Darrell C
    Anyone who understands romans 5 would not make such a foolish statement.

Anyone with any biblical understanding knows that All men are physically born IN ADAM....by physical birth....

Only those In Christ are given Justification unto life....by new birth spiritual birth......ALL men do not have new birth.....

So your foolish all men statement is false.

Yes I have posted about it as scripture indicates...it is found in Jesus.

You repeat this falsehood despite the fact that the scripture tells us exactly who is in view as the objects of the saving love of God.....

It is only the children Given by the Father to the SON. They are identified as the seed of Abraham....not the seed of Adam....all biblical facts that someone such as yourself ignores.

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
    14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham

He died for the children, the sheep....no more/no less.
    Anyone who follows the scripture will agree with what I posted. You deny the clear teaching of scripture point by point then accuse me as if that would correct your mis-understanding.

This judgmental statement does not in any way change the biblical facts. It just highlights how far away from the biblical position you are.

No you have not. You avoided each one as you did not understand why they were offered to you in the first place. The scriptures went right over your head.
    You read them carelessly and did not begin to grasp what I or Rippon was posting to you:wavey:

What would be embarrassing is if I put them all together and showed that not one thing you posted was on topic, or in any way helped your point of view. Most of your verses said nothing about God's love....much less where the bible says it is.:laugh:

19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Because God has not designed to save ALL MEN...that's why.

This makes no sense

Yes...I am sure it makes no sense...

:

You would have to believe in the biblical doctrine of election which it looks as if you do not understand it at all.
    Oh really......DC....if you can get any non elect person saved...go for it....

every passage was relevant even if you cannot understand why...

Again
    I do not ignore anything. I just understand the texts which you are miles away from understanding.

20. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Certain People Not The Objects Of His Love

Proverbs 16:4:
    The Lord works out everything to its proper end --even the wicked for a day of disaster.

[Certainly not a bad hair day! Judgment Day and thereafter in Perdition.]

Acts 1:25:
    to take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas left to go where he belongs

[Judas was assigned a place in Perdition along with many others who also go where they belong.]

Romans 9:11-13 :
    Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad --in order that God's purpose in election might stand: not by works but by him who calls --she was told, 'The older will serve the younger.' Just as it is written: 'Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.'

[Lots can be drawn out of the above passage. Suffice it to say that God loved Jacob and hated Esau. No gymnastics can undo the scripturasl meaning.]

1 Thessalonians 5:9 :
    For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ

[The "us" are the elect. He has appointed the rest to suffer wrath.]

2 Peter 2:12 :
    But these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like unreasoning animals, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like animals they too will perish.

[The word "perish" has more weight than mere death. They will experience an eternity of the second death.]

2 Peter 2:17 :
    These people are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them.

[They have the same room reservations as Judas.]

Jude 4a :
    For certain individuals who were marked out for condemnation...

[They were sentenced to eternal doom.]

There is not a hint of love that God has for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.