1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Messianic Kingdom?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1. As posted in #259, if scripture is not interpreted according to the grammatical-historical method of interpretation, a wrong conclusion will always be reached.
    2. If Scripture is interpreted by spiritualizing it, a wrong conclusion will always be reached.
    3. If the context is ignored a wrong conclusion will likely be reached.
    --These are the problems that are basic to reaching a proper conclusion in the study of this passage and this subject.

First, to lay the foundation, the context must be understood:
    Dan 9:21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision... informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding. ...therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.

--It is the angel Gabriel that is speaking to Daniel. He is giving him understanding of things concerning a vision, a vision which speaks of things that will come to pass, a vision which concerns the people of Israel.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,
    --70 week (or 490 years) are determined upon thy people and thy holy city.
    The subject is the nation of Israel, the Jews, the people of Daniel, and their city, Jerusalem. It is not the Gentiles that Gabriel has in mind. It is the nation of Israel, and the nation as a whole.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
    Not so. The Jews as a nation continued to sin even after they crucified Christ. They had a chance to repent on the Day of Pentecost. 3,000 did, but about 97,000 didn't. Tongues were a sign to the Jews (1Cor.14:21,22). Their sins only increased and they continue to increase to this day. Their transgressions and their sins both--they are increasing. They have not finished. The nation of Israel is a sinful nation.
    If this was not true, then why would Paul be praying for their salvation in Romans 9:1-5 and Rom.10:1-5? Either they were still in their sins, or Paul was a lunatic.
    "and to seal up the vision and prophecy"
    --This does not have to do with the completion of the NT.
    The context is the nation of Israel. Remember that.
    When Jesus comes again for the salvation of the Jews, as they enter into "their promised land," the Millennial Kingdom, then every prophecy concerning the Jews will be "sealed up," or finished. There are other prophecies still unfulfilled--like the creation of a new heaven and a new earth, but those are not directly related to Israel. All the promises relating to the nation of Israel will be fulfilled around the time of the Coming of Christ.
    --That is their opinion.
    --Nice verses; so?

And so?
    Remember: "to anoint the most Holy."
    You have a disconnect.
    --This is the believer's priesthood, not Christ's.
    All of these verses speak of something still future; something still to come--a heavenly Jerusalem, an innumerable company of angels, those...which are written in heaven, to the spirits of just men made perfect.
    This is a heavenly scene.
    But the context is Israel.
    And the phrase is: to anoint the most Holy.
    The passage has nothing to do with it.

Christ will be anointed as "the most Holy One," when he sits physically on the throne of David in the Millennial Kingdom and be crowned as King of kings, and Lord as Lords. This, of course, will take place immediately after His Second Coming. Then every knee shall bow to him and every tongue confess to Him that He is Lord, to the glory of the Father. The most Holy (one) will indeed be anointed. This is still to come, obviously! It has not taken place yet!

This message to Daniel has only the nation of Israel in mind. It does not have the promises to the Gentiles in mind, and this is where you go astray.

There is no everlasting righteousness that has been brought in.
    The god of this world, Satan, rules this world, not Christ.
    Christ's rule will come when He comes and sets up His Kingdom.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK;

For Christians it is a reality now;
    Jeremiah 23 King James Version (KJV)

23 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord.

2 Therefore thus saith the Lord God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord.

3 And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

4 And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the Lord.

5 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth[/B].

6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The Lord Our Righteousness.

sorry to hear you under under Satans rule......
    I am under the rule of the King of Kings...The Lord Jesus Christ.

He already came and instituted it;

20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

DHK says;
    sure it does...it is now for Christians...you deny it, you deny the NC.

#262 Iconoclast, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
  3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Apparently you have no idea what it is like to live the Christian life in Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Syria, etc.
    Coddled up in good ole' USA and "your righteousness" perhaps you blind your eyes to the evil of ISIS, the Taliban, Al Qaeda, and all the other evils of this world.
    The Lord has NOT brought in everlasting righteousness to this world.
    Be not deceived. You may have a personal righteousness, a standing before God personally, that has been imputed to you.
    But the verse uses the verb "to bring in." Not the same thing.

And that hasn't happened yet, has it?
    The King has not executed judgement and justice in this earth.
    The god of this world still reigns as he pushes ISIS along.
    The King does not execute judgment on their evil.
    By the power of Christ we have spiritual power to overcome individual spiritual victories. But you don't have God's power to go and fight ISIS.
    You don't rule with Christ as King of kings, for at the moment he doesn't rule as King of kings. He may be the King of kings, but he isn't exercising that authority yet. Not until he comes again and sets up his kingdom will he exercise that authority.
    This world is in a mess. It is under the rule of Satan, that wicked one. He is the prince of the power of the air. The whole world lies in wickedness.
    When he institutes his kingdom it will be visible to all to see it.
    Apparently you live in a fantasy kingdom--no one can see it. That is what happens when you allegorize scripture.

The scripture you quote is a reference to the Lord's Table, not the Kingdom.
    It is a red herring, like much of the scripture you give.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
    Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

But ye are come:
    1. unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem,
    2. to an innumerable company of angels,
    3. church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven,
    4. to God the Judge of all
    5. to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Let's see if this makes sense for you Icon. You said you have already come here, and I am the one denying the NT.

1. Have you been to the city of the living God (in heaven) --the Heavenly Jerusalem. John had a vision of such written in the Book of Revelation. But you claim to have been to heaven and back. What else did you see? Are you going to write a book about it also?

2. "to an innumerable company of angels" Just how many angels were there?
    And you could see them? What did they look like? Did they have wings? Please describe your experience here in heaven.

3. The 'church' of the firstborn which are written in heaven. The "assembly" as the word should be translated. It is the only time that all believers will be assembled in heaven, and you claim to have already been there! Amazing!

4. To God the Judge of all. The amazing thing about this is that the Bible distinctly says that "No man can see God and live." But you are special aren't you. You beaten the odds. You have looked at God the Father and lived. How did you do it? Not even Moses could pull that one off.

5. to the spirits of just men made perfect.
    Icon how long have you been seeing spirits? Do I need to say anything further?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.