1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Under Grace or Under Law?...Round 3

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by D28guy, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen!

Preach it!

In Christ,

Bob

2. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Still not sure if this is what you want but Jesus said

1. Those who break the commandments and teach men so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven

2. Go preach the gospel, baptising, and teaching men all I have commanded

3. I have kept My Fathers commandments, you keep them too

4. Not one jot or tittle will go from the law

5. Love God, love your neighbor was the answer when someone asked how to get to the kingdom of heaven

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I gave it to him Claudia the Lord preaching the very words of the Ten Commandments.

4. His Blood Spoke My Name

Brother Bob and Claudia,

You know perfectly well Jesus did not mean we are to keep the commandments.'

What He meant was 'just make an empty profession, continuing to live in your sin and my Father will let you in to his kingdom. I know my Word says keep the commandments and you will have life, but I really did not mean it. I was going to give you life anyway.'

5. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

one would just about think that the way some talk

you see, there wont be any rebels in heaven

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

HBSMN; Do you know what caused all this unscriptural doctrine.

1. Excuse to sin

2. Tithes

Not saying these fellows do it for that but after a generation or two, it becomes the doctrine of the churches and they don't know any better.

#326 Brother Bob, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2007
  7. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Bob

do you mean they watered down the truth so more people would come to church and thus pay more tithe money?

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, they were not the words of Jesus. They were the words of James. You can find the name of James in the first verse if you care to read the book. They are the words of James inspired by the Holy Spirit, effectively making them the Word of God.
    But these are not the recorded words of Jesus while he was on the earth in the flesh. Are you deliberately being deceitful?

9. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

cause back when Christians were persecuted only the really true-hearted wanted to join up

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

absolutely.
    The are now in the process of removing the name Baptist to get more members because Baptist reminds them too much of Lake of Fire.

11. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

You're kidding Bob! well what would they call them instead?

Just the Old Regulars?

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Old Regular Baptist will never drop the name Baptist in my life time.

It is some of the others that are doing it and they just call themselves different names such as local city names.

13. His Blood Spoke My Name

Brother Bob,

It all goes back to pride. Man not wanting to admit htat his way is not good enough.

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man; but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Any time man denies the clear teaching of the Scripture to teach something contrary it is because that man does not want to offend others, or that man does not want to yield completely to God.

14. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Bob Ryan.

Thats correct. And that means ALL the word of God. Even those passages that speak of our being freed from, dead to, released from, and no longer under the curse of the Law.

Yep. Even if its in the form of a command. It makes no difference weather it is in the form of a command or not...its all the word of God.

Praise God for our freedom from that. You are exactly correct.

You are close. The more accurate way to say that would be that we are under obligation to walk in the newness of the Spirit, rather than the oldness of the letter. And in doing so we will be cultivating attitudes and behaviors that would be in line with the Law...if we were under it which we arent.

God bless you,

Mike

15. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Mike,

honestly I think you dont know what it means to not be under the curse of the law.

You are under it in the same way the Bible talks about "the law of sin and death"... but the way out of that is to start walking in the Spirit...

In Galatians it talks about that there is "no law" against meekness, love, joy, etc...

basically its the fruits of the spirit... love is the keeping of the law, and what it means is now through the Spirit you keep the law so thus you are no longer under its condemnation (romans 8:1)...

and not under its curse any longer...

16. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

yeah definitely, when I glanced up and just read your post, I can see you realize about walking in the Spirit but you are confusing being under the curse with being under the law..

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yea, but there is an underlying reason for not offending and its called tithes. Also, as some said one time in the scriptures "your way is too straight".

18. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Mike,
    sometimes those terms are used interchangeably and you have to read the context of the passage to determine which thing it is referring to.... but in no way no where does the Bible ever say we no longer have to obey the Law... you ought to be able to know that just by looking in Revelation where it CLEARLY says we must obey the commandments... you ought to say hey I mustve misunderstood something in those other books back there!

19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Man D28; you sounding better all the time. I may have to drive down and talk to you a little more face to face. :)

20. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Count me in with Brother Bob. I like the way this is worded. Let’s carpool! :smilewinkgrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.