1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliani Set to Fully Embrace Abortion

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by James_Newman, May 10, 2007.

1. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I wasn't making a personal attack.

People should educate themselves instead of just repeating what their Fundamentalist leaders tell them to think.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Some Fundamentalist leaders have common sense, and their advice could help us all.

3. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

OK. Which Fundamentalists leaders are speaking out against the poor response to Katrina, Darfur, the ongoing worldwide problem with AIDS and slavery, the war in Iraq, violence against gays, poverty, and so on?

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A second effort at misdirection.

Imagine that!:rolleyes:

It seems you hate "fundamentalist leaders" (whoever they are) so much that anyone that disagrees with you on this subject are "being told what to think" and are incapable of thinking for themselves.

Condescending and laughable at the same time.:laugh:

5. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

That's what I thought the answer would be: none, so let's misdirect.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

First of all, my dad had a house destroyed in Katrina, second one in my life time after Camille. The criticism of the (federal) government is a bunch of baloney. It is not their job to rebuild individual lives. It is the individuals. Federal government response is for infrastructure. More churches around here and individual groups sent supplies, workers, money and time and did more than any government could have. If you havent lived it, then talk about something you know about.

Darfur is a world wide problem, not just an American Christian problem. Again, the government and churches do plenty to help. We are the most generous nation on earth.

This nation is spending millions on AIDS research.

Slavery is against American law, violence against gays is against the law. We spend more on fighting poverty here and around the world, both government, churches and individuals.

The war in Iraq, if you cannot tell, has a short life span, about 18 months at most. If you watched trends, it would not be that hard to figure it out.

We are not a perfect nation, nor are our local churches or leaders in them perfect, but they are better than everyone else combined. We do more to fight your complaints above than anyone.

If you dont have anything nice to say about our way of life, our society, the American dream, or faith in our local churches, why dont you pick another country to move to.

By the way, what have you done in sacrifice of yourself to address the above concerns? Have you been to Darfur? Have you been a missionary? Have you lead a church? Have you served this nation? Or do you just flap your jaws?

7. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Waiting on those names.

8. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Who do you define as being "fundamentalist leaders"?

9. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

You tell me. You said, "Some Fundamentalist leaders have common sense, and their advice could help us all."

Using, then, your definition. Which Fundamentalists leaders are speaking out against the poor response to Katrina, Darfur, the ongoing worldwide problem with AIDS and slavery, the war in Iraq, violence against gays, poverty, and so on?

10. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I did not make that statement.

11. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

OK, sorry.

So how would you define "Fundamentalist leaders?"

12. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I wouldn't, I didn't bring up the term, you did and you wanted a list of names.

This is a milestone post by the way. In all of the venom, and error you advocate on this board, that is the first time I've heard you say "sorry". 'Tis progress me thinks. :thumbs:

13. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Being a smartypants really helps bolster your argument.

Names?

14. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

It is just fabulousthat you think I was being a smartypants.

I need to know what you believe the definition of "Fundamentalist leaders" are as this definition is quite varied. You were the first to use the expression, you can be the first to define it. However, it's fine if you don't anyway as it has nothing to do with Giuliani supporting abortion so how 'bout we just get back to the original topic and stop derailing the thread?

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're the one that first brought up the term and claimed they were controlling the minds of all that disagree with you.

Looks like you should tell us who they are.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I made the statement and stand by it. You are looking for a set of names in the framework of a national scope on TV. If you are trying to set up an opportunity to pounce on Falwell, Robertson, Haggerty, Kennedy etc, you are not going to get it from me. Some of those I like, some I detest. I will keep that to myself. No set up for you in this thread.

When I say Fundamentalist leader, (which you brought up the term), I mean a pastor, leader, called by God of a local fundamentalist church. Is that clear enough? You have got this misimpression that problems are solved by some electronic preacher with one swipe of a paint brush.

That is not how God works. He starts in the hearts of individuals and works through local churches.

17. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

OK.

Jerry Falwell.
    James Dobson.
    Whatever old white guy heads the SBC this year.
    Roy Moore.
    Random political/religious groups with "American" and "Family" in the title.
    Whatever old white guy heads Bob Jones University.

So?

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have just GOT to be kidding.:laugh:

Falwell is a crackpot. I have never liked him.

I read a Dobson book one time. Just one. In it, he gave no political advice at all. Other than Pictures , I haven't seen him in years.

I don't know who leads the SBC, but I'm sure he's a fine fellow.

I have never read any Moore writings or heard him speak at all.

I know less than nothing about Bob Jones U. or the guy that heads it, although I heard Bob Jones was a really good golfer.

I have never believe a word the American Civil Liberties Union has to say.

Looks like you turned out to be all hot air and empty rhetoric, Tragic.

Got any other ideas who is telling me what to think?:laugh: You sure struck out with your little hate list.

19. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

OK, you tell me, then.

What Fundamentalistsd are doing anything besides complaining about the sad state of morality in America?

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably because it is in sad shape.

But that's still not the issue at hand. You have stated that I only repeat what "fundamentalist" tell me. Yet you can't name a single "fundamentalist" that I read or listen to.

The only preachers I listen to at all are John Hall and Kevin Bentley. They preach solidly from scripture and never mention politics from the pulpit. If that makes them the "fundamentalists" that you love to ridicule, count me in , Brother. For the long haul.:thumbs:

If they preached anything else, I wouldn't listen to them either.