1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Women in Politics

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Cutter, May 5, 2010.

1. Cutter

Cutter New Member

I believe women in politics have done a great disservice to the sovereignty and resolve of a our great Republic. Many issues that face our nation, from without and within, need to be decided from a place of strength instead of weakness. Women are gifted from God with a lot of skills that are good in the home, but not in the Government. They tend to base their decisions from a security standpoint and believe that they have the ability to rehabilitate and nurse others to mental and social health. Men are more pragmatic and can make the tough calls that have to be made in matters of war, also in domestic and international policy. Maybe I should have said men used to be able to make the tough calls. Women in politics have been in position so long now that men are not the men they once were. They have to take into account how their decisions and policies will be viewed by the ladies. Being weak, pathetic, and a bunch of pansies being entrusted with positions of power are all the result of this great error.

2. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I agree with this bold and truthful assessment!

3. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

That's beyond absurd, not to mention sexist. While there are differences between men and women, they complement each other. I think that's one thing God had in mind with His design for marriage when a man and a woman become one flesh with a balance of masculine and feminine qualities. I think we can stretch that out into politics. By having both male and female perspectives on issues and different ways of analysis, we can make sure that we come to the best decisions. I like having women in politics and we need more of them. In an ideal world we will have equal numbers of male and female legislators.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

Women would have to work hard catch up to the male record for wars and killings.

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I agree too. Tough words, but true.

6. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Unpopular Cutter, but biblical.

7. FR7 Baptist

It's unbiblical. Deborah was a leader in the book of Judges. That means it's okay for women to serve in politics. It's just taken a long time for society to become enlightened to that biblical truth. God's word is inerrant and infallible and if you have a problem with women in government you can take that up with God.

8. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Is the Lord sexist?
    And before you bring up that Deborah argument again remember this was during the time that every man did that which was right in his own eyes, much like today. She went to war with Barak, viewing on the Mt. as they fought in the valley below against Sisera. After the defeat of Sisera and during the forty years that Deborah judged, according to Biblical history these were some of the most sinful and evil times. She is certainly not one to be held up as a good example. Even the writer in the 11th chapter of Hebrews could not bring himself to include her in faith's "hall of fame." Choosing Barak instead.

9. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Maybe men shouldn't be in leadership because they make decisions too quickly and without all the information. Also, men tend to alienate people because they do what they want without seeking input from others.

I'm kinda thinking this whole thread is a joke? Women shouldn't be in politics? Really? We need both men and women in positions of authority so there is balance of perspective. I believe wholeheartedly that women can succeed on their own merit without concession in as many areas as men can (and men

Additionally, the foundational assumption here is that there all men and all women are created with the same general gifting. I know many men who are much more nurturing than their wives and many women who are able to make objective decisions than their husbands. There are some abilities that are more predominant in one gender than the other, but that doesn't mean either should be excluded from vocational positions because of their gender. Strengths are on a continuum. It's not always black and white.

10. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Is this based on an opinion, a personal conviction, or is it biblical?

11. Mississippi John

Cutter, Please tell us you have no daughters.

12. Cutter

Cutter New Member

I am the proud father of three beautiful daughters. Two are with the Lord in Heaven and one is the best mother that my three grandchildren could ask for.

13. Mississippi John

God bless your girls ! Motherhood is a wonderful blessing.

I don't believe that my daughters would agree with your thoughts on a woman's place.

I might try to get my youngest to sign up, just so I could read the debate between yall'. It would be entertaining to me ,for sure !

14. FR7 Baptist

The Lord isn't sexist, but you are. So, are you willing to concede that in extreme circumstances women can be in government?

15. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Man you are a hoot! LOL :laugh:
    No. I am saying that in the worst of times that is the kind of leaders you get. Like today we have Nancy Pelosi, Janet Napolitano, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Hillary Clinton...etc. Ideally there would be men of integrity and high moral standards to fill all of the positions of Gov't, but they have forsaken the Lord and the values of God and His Word, therefore this is the type of leadership you get. Same thing is happening in the church. The men have corrupted themselves, leaving a huge void in spiritual leadership in the offices of ministry, forcing women to consider the role of Deacon and Pastor. Something forbidden in scripture.

16. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I completely disagree with the OP. It is a myopic, sexist, immature, and uninformed position. Both genders are equally complicit in the problems we face and people from both genders are helping solve problems. History is fraught with men acting foolishly and most of our worst moments are directly from men acting like fools.

It is a misogynistic thread and a poorly stated case.

17. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Best post yet.

18. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There has been no evidence of a hatred of women. Some folks need to get a hold of themselves.

Amy do you hate women?:laugh:

19. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Whenever I need a laugh, I can always count on the BB. Ignorance abounds, and some sad, pathetic boys who cannot measure up to the typical woman in America today fall back on such 16th Century thinking. What's next for you boys...witch burnings perhaps?

20. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It reminds me of the old joke ... maybe it isn't a joke ... it only too Eve to tempt Adam, but it took Satan to temp Eve.