1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dispensationalists: Why is This Version of Israel THE One of Prophecy?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by InTheLight, Jul 31, 2012.

1. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Question? Whis is this enlightened fellow named OR?

Getting back to your highly informative debate with Bronconagurski (who clearly doesn't know with whom he is dealing with)...

So I, Thomas15 ask the question:

How so?

This is the quote that brought on the above outburst:

And now what follows, no less than a certain disney character will educate us on just how sinful men in any historical timeframe "help" Jehovah with the work of our Savior on the cross and the grace of our God. We need to start thanking the church for our salvation! Let us prepair our minds and hearts to receive a refutation of sola gratia. Let us receive helpful instruction correcting Jesus who in error said something about making descendents of Abraham out of rocks if that be the will of God.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have yet to hear any arguments from the preterist / amil's about this subject from the lens of the Islamic world and the 12th Imam who fits the antichrist to a "T".

3. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See my earlier post (#90) in this thread

4. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your theory shipwrecks when Luke 21:24 is considered.

5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Why Iran's Top Leaders Believe That the End of Days Has Come
    By Joel C. Rosenberg

Excerpt:

"Iran’s Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad are convinced that the End of Days has come. They believe the Shia messiah known as the “Twelfth Imam” or the “Mahdi” will appear soon to establish a global Islamic kingdom known as the caliphate.

What’s more, they believe the way to hasten the coming of the Twelfth Imam is to annihilate Israel (which they call the “Little Satan”), and the United States (which they call the “Great Satan”). We should not, therefore, be surprised that Iran is probing for weaknesses in American intelligence and homeland security."

Glenn Beck and Joel Rosenberg discuss Iran and the 12th Imam 8:32

Is Mahdi, the 12th Imam, Antichrist? 6:00

Now we HAVE to invade Iran, RIGHT?

Both sides, the Muslims and the Christian Zionists are frothing to 'hasten the day.'

Lord please have mercy on us all.

I'd love to know how much money Rosenberg has made from marketing this sensationalism. Throwing fuel on the fire, literally.

#185 kyredneck, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
  6. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    Truly pathetic. But there is still time to get your disney world tickets for that vacation of a lifetime!

7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

Why would a baptist use muslim beliefs to define his own doctrine? I cannot understand that approach to theological understanding. I could find similarities between many false religions & segments of baptist theology, but that does not mean that either one of them are correct. Let's stick to a historically & grammatically correct interpretation of the written text of God's Word without turning to false religions for affirmation.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Utter strawman. Nobody uses muslim beliefs to define their theology. The fact of the matter is in THEIR theology they are putting their hope in a future person who in OUR theology is described as the antichrist. Now tell me how THEIR 12th Imam fits the preterist / amil eschatology. It doesn't. There will be a future person on the scened named the antichrist who islam is also looking for but from the complete opposite angle and reasons we are.

10. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

Let me be more precise: His interpretation of the scriptures is appalling. Either God is a liar, or OR is a liar, and I know that God can't lie. So........

11. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

I looked at it, and I must ask before further comment; Are you a preterist?

12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And he says it with such certainty! All based on the speculation of a self proclaimed Messianic Jew with direct links to Likud.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Um...not quite. Try dirct quote from muslims and THEIR eschatology.

14. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

I simply responded to the use of islam as a validation for dispy theology. Do you believe Muhammad was a true prophet that God spoke through? How else would they have such knowledge, if it were true? When I was young, the end-times preaching was centered on the Catholic Church; not Islam. It seems that future antichrist theology changes slightly to fit in the predominant anti-Christian group of the day.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

its not a validation, I asked how it coincides with the preterist / amil doctrine...to which nobody replied (shocker).
    of course not. What a stupid question!
    i recall satan is quite familiar with Scripture (see: desert temptation of Jesus)
    are you implying we are anti-christian?

I don't understand why these preterist / amil's can so blatantly question the salvation of those who are not!

16. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

All Islamic doctrine is irrelevant to my own. Why would I seek to coincide it with my own? I was not calling you antiChristian, I was speaking of fitting the premier anti-Christian group of the day into your theology.

BTW, I don't really consider myself a preterist. I just try to study Scripture within its proper historical & grammatical contexts. If this lines up with some preterist theology, then so be it. I don't worry about what groups my theology does or does not conform with. I used to be a fundy, but changed my views of prophecy before I had ever even heard of preterists.

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you think the things happening in the world is "irrelevant", you need to open your eyes. I'm sure...their doctrine is just a coincidence to what our doctrine has prophecied...just like they hate Israel due to dispensationalists here in America.

18. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've told you more than once this thread that I said no such thing. If you're still insinuating me as the source for your nutty assertion then you are LYING.

19. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The back drop of evil happening in the world is exists to allow for sinners to get saved.For the gospel to go worldwide sin exists everywhere.
    The unsaved rage against the Lord, no matter what timeline you use.

The demonic lunatics in Islam can and do try to kill all non Islamic persons.
    Israel still remains under God's judgement.

20. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it's anyone that has contempt or disdain for the dispensationalists it's THE ZIONISTS, all the while they're playing them like a banjo string.

#200 kyredneck, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012