1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Telling someone they are wrong in debates

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Sep 6, 2012.

1. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Verily, verily, I smelleth the odor of foul stench....lo, I am KJV only as well.

:laugh:

2. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Boy, did I get called names in THAT one!!!!

:praying:

3. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So good, brother. I truly wish that some of the repliers I have would say "I have to disagree"

That is much more palatable than "You are wrong" or, after a reply, saying "What is your point?" when you just expressed your point!!!

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Let me point out to you, my dear Bro. dcorbett, that the point you just made is just pointedly W - R - O - N - G , and, therefore, must of necessity be herewith and hitherto be roundly and summarily denounced as heretical to the fullest extent that any heresy can be so defined as heretical; thus subjecting you to the fullest extent of the very most minutest scruntiny as defined by the BB charter and its pursuant by-laws, rules and regulations, and statement of faith!!!

DO I MAKE MY POINT PERFECTLY CLEAR to you, my dear Bro. dcorbett?!!?

Woe be unto thee who hast taken upon himself to even so much as considering to dare to boldly and brazenly set thyself to contemplate such base deed as thou has most obiviously done!!!!

R - E - P - E - N - T ! I say unto thee, of this dastardly path of certain and immutable and permanent destruction that shall surely befall thee!!!!

(God most surely hath predestinated me from the council halls of eternity past to warn you of this!! I tried my best to thwart it, but it was irresistable. Hence, I deliver unto thee, my dear Bro. dcorbett, this most solemn [yet limited in its extent] rebuke and exortation in all of its totality!!!)

So there.......:tongue3:!!!!

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I think that's Sister dcorbett. But that's okay. I think you were predestinated to get it wrong.

6. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

No, no, no my friend!!!

I was predestined to place an obvious error out there solely for the divine purpose of proving beyond any and all question of totally depraved man that whatever is predetermined beforehand.....

...... is of God regardless of even the very fact that it .....

......(to use the proper calvinist taxonomy).....

"just 'taint so"!! :smilewinkgrin:

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I didn't know Winman was kjvo! :eek:

Boy is he wrong!

:D

8. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

No, no, little brother.....we have to agree to disagree. :applause:

Debbie (dcorbett)

9. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I was predestined to disagree with this!!

10. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Scratching head.......

Was I predestined to agree or disagree with you or somebody else in this thread? Maybe I was predestined to go back to :sleep: this morn. No, I was predestined to post this dumb reply. :smilewinkgrin:

11. 12strings

12strings Active Member

TAXONOMY...is that where when your favorite dog dies and you get him stuffed in a life-like position and sit him in your bedroom forever!???

12. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My thoughts? I think that since you routinely make some of the most bigoted, obnoxious, and insulting comments in your posts you ought not be directing attention to yourself in this area.

13. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

No, that's where I get to "stuff to" your friendly TAX MAN!!! :thumbs::laugh: