1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Climate Change Alarmist Reverses Course In Bombshell Interview

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Geophysicist James Lovelock, who has dedicated much of his career over the past four decades to increasing adherence to the principles of man-caused global warming, is now apparently what his colleagues would derisively call a “denier.”

In an interview with the BBC earlier this month, he contended that the United Nations ripped many of its recent climate change allegations straight from a book he wrote nearly a decade ago.

“The last [Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change] report is very similar to the statements I made in my book,” he said, referencing 2006’s ‘The Revenge of Gaia. “It’s almost as if they’ve copied it.”

Making matters worse, Lovelock has since debunked his own research and no longer subscribes to the alarmist rhetoric contained therein.

“I’m not funded by some government department or commercial body or anything like that,” he said of his recent change of heart. “If I make a mistake, then I can go public with it – and you have to, becaue it is only by making mistakes that you can move ahead.”

Those receiving generous grants to push an agenda, however, presumably have no such latitude.

“They all talk,” Lovelock said, “they pass laws, they do things, as if they knew what was happening. I don’t think anybody really knows what’s happening. They just guess.”

As far back as 2012, Lovelock began openly criticizing the U.N.’s reportage of climate predicitions, calling that year’s IPCC report “too politicized and too internalized.”

The blind allegiance to global warming has resulted, he alleged, in the scientific community’s exaggeration of empirical evidence.

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/cl...urse-bombshell-interview/#wtIdph6OoqGAV5ZF.99

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look hard enough and you can find absolutely anything you want, no matter how wrong or misleading the idea.

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So is Lovelock,since debunking that which he upheld for years, now a heretic in your view? Because I think that the ideology of hard line climate change advocates are religiously doctrinaire.

4. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heretic is not a word I would use in this context. I would simply say he is incorrect, well meaning, but incorrect.

It is possible that the climate will change and start becoming cooler for reasons we may or may not understand. But there is no doubt that the climate has been warming for a number of years.

It is interesting, back in the '80's and 90's critics flatly stated there was no change at all in temperatures and weather.

When this became an obvious incorrect position they then said, well the temperature is warming, but no change.

When this became an obvious error they said, well it is warming and there are changes, but they are not man made.

Man made or not, the temperatures and climate are changing. I wonder what the critics will say if the changes continue to occur and their last line of defense crumbles. I am sure there are some who will hold out in their denials until death. But that is normal in positions on any important topic of discussion.

5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is catching on in other areas as well:

Pandora's Promise

"An excellent informative documentary on nuclear power by ex-antinuclear environmentalists now turned pro-nuclear environmentalists.

Did you know that a fingertip sized piece of uranium contains the energy of 5,000 barrels of oil?

Have you heard of the new 4th generation Integral Fast Reactors (IFR) that are basically failsafe and will 'burn' used nuclear waste/fuel?

Covers some interesting facts on Three Mile Island, Fukushima, and Chernobyl.

France is way ahead of everyone else in the area of nuclear power (80% electricity from nukes).

Solar and wind is an absolute joke as a replacement for fossil fuel, nuclear could easily do it.

Did you know U.S. has been buying up Russian warheads and using the fuel to generate electricity?

Recommend this for all. There is a new nuclear age coming methinks. Technology is there, very doable."

6. thisnumbersdisconnected

That's what the global warming/climate change advocates tried to do, but when they couldn't actually find something that proved their preconceived concepts, they just decided to make it all up. That's easy to do when you have an organization like the U.N., that wanted to use the fake evidence to increase it's political power.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not just that some people are mistaken on this issue. It is that climate changers are lying for political gain and power. It is as dishonest as it comes.

8. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say that to be honest there are people on both sides of this issue for political gain and power, and for materialistic gain.

That does not mean that the climate is not changing and that there will be nasty results of those changes.

9. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The documentary I posted about above reveals how wrong the anti-nuclear activists are, but stubbornly continue on knowing they are wrong.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Global warming" is now, and always has been, about nothing but money.

The goal: Frighten enough people often enough to get their money.

The science of global warming advocates is bought and paid for. They are hired guns for the global redistribution of wealth crowd.

11. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

IOW, now that GW (as defined by the GORES of the world :tongue3:) has been debunked, I'll try another approach & hope the gullible swallow it as well!:tonofbricks:

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep....................