1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Kim Davis not exactly the poster girl for Godly marriage...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Scarlett O., Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. The Republican Party is represented by people such as the Governor of Ohio who says that the court has ruled and the issue is settled--unlike Abraham Lincoln who opposed the Dred Scott decision all the time.

Now we have the Baptists calling anyone who disagrees with them "sodomites," so I am saying that this unworthy clerk has been doing the unpopular work that Christians won't do and standing up while Christians are still asleep in the pews.

#21 church mouse guy, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
  2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She should resign if she cannot do her job. Her position is untenable.

3. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like she's doing her job just fine. Her job is to uphold the laws of the state of Kentucky, which does not recognize the homosexual redefinition of marriage.

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep... Good luck with that one.

As I said, untenable.

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am curious. Does anyone know if, as clerk of her county, she responsible for the issuance of liquor licenses?

6. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Truth doesn't need luck.

7. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ABC-Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control, not County Clerk.

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nah....you first.

I'm still waiting for you to list the generic equivalents for Xaralto and to explain how the 17 year monopoly granted by patents does not prevent generic drugs from being marketed.

9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks. My understanding is that Kentucky liquor laws are a bit complicated and vary county to county. Here in Wisconsin they are issued from the local level.

#29 Rolfe, Sep 2, 2015
  10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt that slogans will help when she sees the judge.

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It just so happens that I ran into the husband of our newly elected county clerk (both friends of the family) this afternoon and I asked him, "Just out curiosity, has Michelle issued any licenses for gay marriage"? I was surprised at the embarrassment he showed when he told me that she had issued four and then he immediately went into an explanation that "'we' didn't want to, but look at what they're doing to the Rowan County clerk. Her whole life is on display now".

This 'poster girl' has put herself through the wringer to stand up for what she believes.

What's happened to the duty of civil disobedience? Or is that unbiblical? If it is, what's your thoughts on the Boston Tea Party?

#31 kyredneck, Sep 2, 2015
  12. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry that I've given the impression of harshness towards Mrs. Davis. I regret that and have taken that to the Lord.

I am angry that the devil has access to the skeletons in our closets to use in his arsenal against the reputation of the church and of Christians. It's happening all over.

I still feel she should resign as this is going to get uglier and the attention is now focused on her short-comings and not the holiness of God or what he did for her.

I prayed for her tonight in church that God would afford her the platform to confront this and to bear witness to what God did for her in saving her from that lifestyle.

I admit to still having trouble reconciling her actions with civil disobedience of other as the appearance of the pot calling the kettle black not being resolved is muddying the waters too much. And that's the devil's fault, not hers.

But I do regret being harsh.

13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I'm sorry if I come across as being harsh. The fact of the matter is that I've not placed much thought into this till lately. My wife has been interested in the whole matter and tells me that this woman has a whole lot of sympathy among those she works with. I resent the intrusion/over reach of the Federal Government into what should be state matters and the involvement of an ungodly entity like ACLU in this. ACLU is taking the clerk and all her employees to court tomorrow. IMO, this has the potential to snowball with these KY mountain folks. The fat lady ain't sung yet.

14. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The lady needs to follow the law or resign her office.

SSM is not a fundamental Gospel issue.

We are to be subject to the authorities over us and the SCOTUS has both the legal force and requisite means of enforcing their decision from several months ago. As Christians, our task is to obey the rulers over us unless they are asking us to violate a fundamental issue of the faith or violate ourselves morally. Mrs Davis needs to follow the law or resign.

This is not a states' rights issue. That has been resolved for several generations now too. Obviously the current state of our Federal government in relation to our state governments is askew from our Founders' intentions. Our Republic is a federally run state of federated states. When the SCOTUS makes a ruling with sweeping implications for all the states that becomes the law of the land.

To change that either requires a massive cultural revolution legislatively or other means. This isn't worth that effort.

15. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know that this is just the kind of stuff that the oppostion would dig up on her for taking a stand against their same sex marriage! I am surprised that, as a believer, this would even make a headline. Instead of stoning her, we should be standing with her.

After all, Jesus did tell the prostitute to go and sin no more! I'd like to see more love on this board, especially when it comes to standing with someone who has decided to take a stand when the society around her has caved to public pressure!

Let any of you without some form of sin cast the first stone! I am so happy to read that you took this to the Lord and made amends, still this kind of post is shameful! :BangHead:

16. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She has my prayerful support too, and I am on the West coast! You go girl, for God that is! :thumbs:

17. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe so, but she has more courage than you, and several others will ever have!

I remember as complaint investigator getting a complaint to investigate issues at an adult home in Palm Springs that provided care for gay men recovering from alcohol and drug problems!

I wasn't aware about the fact until I went to the licensed home and introduced myself and the shared with the complaint. The owners of the facility were gay, and believe me; they were coming on to me with everything they said, plus they continued to try to pat my leg and hand, while I sat and wrote my report and explained to them their violations of licensing issues! I also felt violated by their eyes! I can appreciate a woman when she says men undressed her with their eyes and made her feel uncomfortable! It does happen!

When it came time to return and check out their fix of the issues, I asked my supervisor to send another investigator, and explained that as a Christian, these guys were offensive to me, and I just didn't like their lifestyles! My supervisor denied my request, and I had to return to the facility.

I had to go over his head, and eventually my concerns were heard, and another investigator was assigned to follow up. BTW - this guy also felt like the owners were overly aggressive, too friendly, and as he said, "undressing him with their eyes!" He didn't know about the issues I had, personally, so it was interesting to hear that he felt violated, too!

I happen to think that just because we work in the government, we still have rights to not do things that may not feel right or that may compromise or religious beliefs!

I had a JW on my team, after I became a supervisor, I made sure that I did everything possible to accommodate her religious beliefs, including not having her work Saturdays! No one requested she quit. and I was just willing to help her feel comfortable with us heathen's?! :laugh:

18. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry Scarlett O. Like you, I didn't mean to be harsh with you! I was just reacting to the judgment here on the board! It was shameful!

19. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, you know people so well...:rolleyes:

Really, how much courage did it take to tell your Supervisor that you were uncomfortable being ogled by a g@y guy? :laugh:

#39 Rolfe, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2015
  20. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christians are letting others do their fighting for them. Abraham Lincoln never said that Dred Scott was the law of the land and it should be enforced, yada, yada, yada. We have known since Dred Scott that the Supreme Court is often lousy. The GOP is not doing anything--they are like Gov. Kasich whining that it's the law; and the Dems think it is a good idea. This poor clerk stands taller than the Governor of Ohio!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.