1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An Address to His Persecutors and a Prayer to God

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “Alas, drag my poor carcass to death, so that you cannot sin any longer against an innocent victim!" "Leave the mercy or punishment of my soul to Him who is a just judge and not like you unfortunate blind ones. My trust is in the Almighty God and in my Lord Jesus Christ, who has redeemed me and has called me to preach His Gospel to the last breath of life. I fervently hope that he may have mercy upon me and receive me in grace and that he will hand to me the cup of eternal salvation and will never take it from me. I also truly believe that he will hand me this cup today, out of which I shall drink bliss and my salvation in eternity. His blessed name be praised by all!"

- John Hus - 1415

[​IMG]

#1 Crabtownboy, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
  2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can add William Tyndale to this list!

The Betrayal and Death of William Tyndale

Tyndale was betrayed by a friend, Philips, the agent either of Henry or of English ecclesiastics, or possibly of both. Tyndale was arrested and imprisoned in the castle of Vilvoorden for over 500 days of horrible conditions. He was tried for heresy and treason in a ridiculously unfair trial, and convicted. Tyndale was then strangled and burnt at the stake in the prison yard, Oct. 6, 1536. His last words were, "Lord, open the king of England's eyes." This prayer was answered three years later, in the publication of King Henry VIII’s 1539 English “Great Bible”... Brother Glen