1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sanctified by His Death !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Jul 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Sanctified by His Death ! 3

Now the word Sanctified in Heb 10:10 is also in the Perfect Tense, this Sanctification is a once and for all completed act from the past with ramification that effects the present and future, which means that none of those Christ died for can ever come under the guilt and condemnation of sin Rom 8:33-34, so they could never be of those who shall eventually die in their sins Jn 8:24, nor come into condemnation Jn 5:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

If Christ died for their sins, they can never come into condemnation for anything ! If they do, that would be a seriuos indictment against the accomplishment of Christ's Sanctifying death for them !

2. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

In way of agreeing with Don, I'm neither Calvinist nor Arminian, nor do I hold SBM as a poster-child of Calvinism. I do, however, believe he personifies the hyper-Calvinist position, given some of his points made in the past (men are born saved or born damned, the gospel is permanently hidden from the lost, etc.). I wish he would grow up and respond to the points made against him, but his go-to response to any argument is "Evasion! Rabbit trail!" Just look at his threads. It's nothing but him responding to himself. I think he wants to write theology books, and these forums afford him the best opportunity.

Like someone else said, though, given the sheer number of false quotations and heresies he has spewed, it's a wonder he's still around.

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

So far my points on Christ's sanctifying death are evaded and not refuted !

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They were refuted--by a calvinist. You just don't understand.

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Did you understand the points made ?

6. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They've been refuted a number of times...by Calvinists. SBM is one of those people who has a problem with admitting refutation.

7. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Theology books?? He doesn't have enough theology and argumentation skill to write books. :tonofbricks: And even if he did, the self-replying in his threads prove that only person that would buy his books would be himself. :laugh:

#27 robustheologian, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
  8. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But he would even be a bad hyper-Calvinist. John Gill, William Huntingdon, John Stevens, and even A.W. Pink would be hyper-Calvinistic but SBM is even far from them since he lacks the basic biblical, theological, and logical foundation of these.

9. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

That's fair. It was my experience among the Cals here that SBM seemed to embody the "hyper" variety. But I agree, he does lack the basics.

10. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why don't you diagram this sentence for us:
    [10] And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. (Hebrews 10:10 ESV)
    Feel free to use another version and feel free to refer to other verses IN THE SAME PASSAGE.

After diagramming, answer the following questions:
    (1) Who is it that sanctifies?
    (2) What is the means of the sanctification?
    (3) What was "once-for-all"?
    (4) What point in time does the perfect tense participle refer to?
    Have fun...

The Archangel

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I have explained three parts of Sanctified by His Death, could you please review and explain back them to me to see if you understand them! You may not agree with them, but prove that you understand them! Thanks! And you have fun!

12. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep... I figured as much. A non-answer. And you say others evade you!

Your points cannot be reviewed because you fundamentally misunderstand the grammar of Hebrews 10:10. You are ascribing thoughts and intents to the author of Hebrews that he never intended to say in that particular passage.

So, I have reviewed your first point, with full and exquisite understanding of your "point," and, later, I will further demonstrate how that point is woefully wanting.

The Archangel

13. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL...if SBM can't even explain scripture what makes you think he can diagram it?? :laugh: However, he does know how to evade.

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Evasion as usual!

15. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, yes you are!

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He gives us an Understanding !

1 Jn 5:20

20And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

The wise Solomon once wrote by the Spirit of God Prov 4:7

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Christ, if He came and died for us, He is Our Wisdom, for it is written 1 Cor 1:24,30

24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

God gave Christ to all for whom He was delivered up for, and with Him He freely gives us all things, which would include an Understnding Rom 8:32

32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him[Christ/Wisdom] up for us all, how shall he not with him[Christ/Wisdom] also freely give us all things?

Understanding comes with Him and He gives it to them He died for 1 Jn 5:20

20 And we know that the Son of God[Christ/Wisdom of God] is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

The only condition of Him giving us an Understanding was that He has come ! The giving an understanding is the direct result of His Coming, they are cause and effect related !

Its the word dianoia and it also means mind as it does here Heb 8:10

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, G1271 and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb 10:16

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds G1271 will I write them;

It means:

with a good significance, the faculty renewed by the Holy Spirit,

Christ came in answer to a Covenant Engagement, for He was given a Covenant of the People Isa 42:6

6I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

So thats why we have Heb 8:10;10:16 understanding minds !

The understanding is give writes John in 1 Jn 5:20 so that we may Know Him that is True

Which again is Promised in the Covenant that they shall all know Him Heb 8:10-11

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

This corresponds with both 1 Jn 5:20 and Jn 17:3

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

So that knowing given by giving an Understanding as a result of Christ's Coming is experiencing vital Eternal Life

So we must all for whom He came and died nust experience vital Eternal Life, or His whole Purpose for Coming is thwarted !

Before Christ gives us an Understanding, the one we have by nature is darkened Eph 4:18

Having the understanding G1271 darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart 868

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Holy and Unblameable and Unreproveable in his sight

Col 1:22

22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Who does this apply to ? Some may immediately say that it belongs to belivers ! Yet does it apply only to believers ? No, not at the time Paul wrote it. It does apply to any sinner that Christ died for, believers or not, though eventually they shall believe ! But nevertheless its not conditioned upon believing, but solely "through death" His Death, the Lord Jesus Christ's death, on the body of His flesh, which comprehends the entirety of His Person and Work, His Obedience unto the death of the Cross Phil 2:8

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Everyone Christ died for before they believe a thing, even while being enemies, alienated and enemies in their minds by wicked works, they are through death [His Death] Holy, and unblameable and unreproveable in his[Gods] sight !

This is the Truth God given Faith believes and Trusts in !

Now the reason why this is True of even unbelievers that Christ died for is because, Christ is their Holiness before God and not anything they do, He is their Righteousness before God, He represents them in His Holiness and Righteousness before God Heb 9:24

For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for[in behalf of] us:

So those He appears before God in behalf are made Holy and Righteous in Gods sight.

Also they are unblameable and unreproveable because the great cause of censure and blame can never be charged to them by God, which is sin, for God for Christ's sake cannot and will not lay any charge or blame of sin unto them, simply because all was laid to Him on their behalf. In Ps 40:12 a Messianic Psalm we see somewhat of the sins/ iniquties of His People being charged to Him as their Surety Ps 40:12

For innumerable evils have compassed me about: my iniquities have taken hold on me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of my head: therefore my heart fails me.

John Gill writes on this verse:

Never to be charged upon any again Jer 50:20

In those days, and in that time, said the LORD, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

Since Christ's Suretyship did such a Perfect and Complete Job, God sees all His People in Him as Holy, Unblameable and Unreprovable ! Even when they are in themselves in a state of rebellion, enmity and unbelief ! That cannot affect Christ's Work in their behalf !

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Made Perfect and Righteous !

The antichrist crowd sells short the accomplishment of the Atoning Life and Death of Jesus Christ for them He lived and died in behalf of ! Understand, all for whom He Lived and died for, and that alone, have been #1 Made Righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That word righteous is the greek word dikaios means:

I.righteous, observing divine laws

A.in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

i.of those who seem to themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves in their virtues, whether real or imagined

ii.innocent, faultless, guiltless

iii.used of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in the heart or life

a.only Christ truly

iv.approved of or acceptable of God

B.in a narrower sense, rendering to each his due and that in a judicial sense, passing just judgment on others, whether expressed in words or shown by the manner of dealing with them

Notice that it means :innocent, faultless, guiltless

That word faultless is found Jude 1:24

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

His Obedience unto death for the many He Lived and died for shall present them faultless before the presence of his Glory ! The have been made or constituted Law Keepers , Keeping all the Commandments of God,

And they have been made Perfect, indicates Heb 10:10-14

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14 For by one offering[His death] he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

For by a single offering He has forever completely cleansed and perfected those who are consecrated and made holy.AMP

By his one sacrifice he has forever set free from sin the people he brings to God.CEV

For by virtue of that one offering he has perfected for all time every one whom he makes holy.

And these ones, at death, their spirits are received unto heaven, the heavenly Jerusalem Heb 12:23

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,870

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Because I live, ye shall live also !

Jn 14:19

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

Jesus here is speaking to and of His Sheep, and He makes this Promise to them "because I live, ye shall live also" !

He can say this because He is their Legal Head in Union with them, He is speaking as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep, who by His Blood Shed, He will establish Life and Peace for the Sheep, by the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

BTW , If He is brought from the Dead as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep, He died as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep, and He did not die for us if we were not of His Sheep, neither shall we believe in Him for that same reason Jn 10:26 !

Since by this He was brought again from the dead, therefore He Lives and that forever more Rev 1:18

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

And because He now Lives as their Head and Shepherd, all the Sheep shall live also, and that's Jesus promise in our text Jn 14:19 !

They shall live also because unto them He has been made a Life-giving Spirit 1 Cor 15:45, and so if everyone He rose as their Great Shepherd from the dead for Heb 13:20, doesn't be made to Live also, then Christ's words in Jn 14:19 are a lie, a cheat, He is a false witness, which i hope none who call themselves believers would ever admit to. And since all men without exception shall live and see Life Jn 3:36, they were not of His Sheep that He died for, to whom the promise of Jn 14:19 was made !

Jesus here was speaking as the Head of His Body the Church, and their Surety Mediator, and what goes for Him, goes for them, and Like He was raised from the dead, after having died for their sins against God, they also must be raised from the dead and walk in the Newness of Life, Pauls Doctrine here Rom 6:4-5

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

We partake of the Likeness of His Resurrection [if we died together with him] by our New Birth from the dead, or being made alive from the dead Eph 2:5

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

That word quickened means to make alive ! You see, theres no ssuch thing as Christ dying for one, raised for one, and that one not being made alive[from spiritual death] as a result of it !

Just as He was made alive or raised from the dead [as our Head,Representative, and Surety], we also together with Him, have been raised or made alive in Him !

Thats why Peter said 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Remember Christ is said to be begotten from the dead here Rev 1:5

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of or from the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us, and has washed us from our sins in his blood,Darby

Ps 2:7

I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

This speaks to His Resurrection Per Acts 13:33

God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

So those He died for, they also together with Him, as He was begotten from the Dead, on their behalf, they were also, as Peter makes clear 1 Pet 1:3 !

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

We were begotten again by the Resurrection of Christ from the dead !

This proves our union with Christ when He died for us, and when He rose again for us, and this union is made manifest in time at the time of our personal new birth, when we are experimentally made to walk in the newness of Life because of it ! That would constitute our own personal new birth in this life !

The only way one for whom Christ died does not experience a new birth is if Christ Himself was not raised from the Dead, and thats the God's Truth, If He lived, they for whom He died shall live also, to the Glory of God !871

20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Justification of Life Rom 5:18

Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

False teachers use this scripture to impose the lie that Christ died for all without exception, but in reality this verse tells us why it cannot possibly teach that, in so much as it teaches one of the consequences of the death of Christ for them He died for, which is Justification of Life. Its the result of the Righteousness of One, that One being summed up in the Person and Work of Jesus Christ !

This scripture informs us that all those Christ Lived and died for, receive as a consequential free gift, Justification of Life, and or Life [spiritual and eternal]because of their Justification by the Life and death of Jesus Christ !

All for whom Christ died for their offences/sins, He was raised again from that death for their Justification, so testifies scripture Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification. This Justification is that of Rom 5:18 also !

Its the word dikaiōsis and means:

I.the act of God declaring men free from guilt and acceptable to him

II.abjuring to be righteous, justification

Listen, Christ's Resurrection from the dead from having died for those He was delivered unto death for their sins, His Resurrection was Gods declaring of them Righteous, declaring them free from guilt, and now acceptable to Him,

And Rom 5:18 adds the dimension that all whom this has been done for, receive Life , hence its called Justification of Life ! In other words, out of this Justification, out of this being now declared free from Guilt, comes Life !

Well then, as one man’s trespass [one man’s false step and falling away led] to condemnation for all men, so one Man’s act of righteousness [leads] to acquittal and right standing with God and life for all men.AMP

If Christ was raised from the dead after having died for our sins, it leads to us having/receiving Life as a result of it !876

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.