1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

8 characteristics of propaganda

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by church mouse guy, Sep 3, 2015.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. It prevents diagologue. Propaganda never addresses the issue but merely repeats.

2. It focuses on the mass of people and never engages the individual.

3. It is total--that is, it seeks to permeate all media and venues of expression.

4. It takes over education.

5. It takes over literature and history.

6. It begins with subtlety.

7. It is non-stop, night and day.

8. Its aim is to cause irrational action.

Personally, I think that we see the left displaying all eight of these characteristics in today's USA. Much of these leftist propanda behavior can be evidenced easily here on the Baptist Board where personal attacks are encouraged above discussion, a sign that the left has lost on the grounds of logic.

The individual is not addressed here--you see countless posts about you answer my question before I will answer yours. The left openly displays bad manners to denigrate others.

The left permeates all venues, even the Baptist Board, where the left does not even nod in the direction of Christian kindness, but launches name-calling against their opponents, as we all know.
    The left has taken over American education and worships at the grave of John Dewey. The literature is full of leftist doctrine since the end of World War II and the history is being re-written without a doubt. I don't think that there is much subtlety anymore and the barrage is 24/7.

Actually, Evangelicalism is under attack and I believe that it will fall, not so much from the left but from its own shortcomings in logic and the natural tendency of the Christian Church to sleep.

To read the article outlined here and commented on by me, go here:

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/8-frightening-characteristics-propaganda

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Sounds like the stuff Donald Trump is spewing and the GOP is buying.

3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why are you bothering to post?

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

SO I can't post because I don't agree with what you're posting?

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one suggested you can't post .... I think the concern expressed by all of us is that you never say nothing new, and when challenged, you go silent or throw mud in the direction of those challenging your mindset.

Again, if you are good enough for God to love, I love you too. So be blessed, just don't spew the same old racial rants. Your comments are predictable and extremely tiresome. Shalom!

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's exactly what I was thinking! Minus points #4 and #5.

Trump's slogan is "Making America Great Again". Most of the 8 points in the OP fit this.

I disagree that the GOP is buying it. You will find very few party officials at the national, state, or local levels that support Trump. Lots of disaffected traditional GOP voters are building new bandwagons though.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Years ago - I asked my father what propaganda meant - His answer: "lying for a reason"

From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

the simple definition is: ideas or statements that are often false or exaggerated and that are spread in order to help a cause, a political leader, a government, etc.

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The point is that the American culture along with Western culture (Occident culture) is under siege and the propaganda of the enemies of those cultures.

The church is asleep and the church also has been infiltrated. I think that Evangelicalism is the least capable of standing against the onslaught because of the doctrinal weaknesses. I think that Fundamentalism is more likely to survive because Fundamentalism has been struggling against modernism for more than one hundred years and Fundamentalism has more battle-hardened veterans. Evangelicalism is more infested with the Latin doctrine of Non Rocka Boatus. Or perhaps the Evangelicals are just sound asleep.

Personally, I have no stake except that I think that American culture is based upon kindness and cordiality and that Western culture is superior. I myself am on borrowed time so I will not have to cope with the destruction that is underway. Perhaps Christians will wake up, although we are deep into the last days and can expect the great falling away as the cost of Christianity becomes higher and higher while people want a cheap religion by human nature.

9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

"Vote Democrat!" :laugh:

(It does not truly say that. "For Motherland, for Stalin, for Peace, for Communism.")