1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L. I. S. A. Class

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Salty, May 30, 2003.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most(if not all) of us are opposed to abortion. Why, beacuse we believe that life begins at conception. If that is so, then why are we NOT counting the soon-to-be-born in our Sunday School and church attendence.
    I would like to propose we begin the LISA class. LISA stands for LIFE IS SACRED ALWAYS. In Sunday School, this should be an actual class of soon-to-be-moms. What a great evangelism tool.
    So what do you think? Are we going to pratice what we preach and count ALL in attendence?

By the way, do you know the meaning of Lisa? It is Hebrew for "consecrated to God".

2. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Sounds like it would be a good idea for a much larger church than mine. You would have a tremendous membership turnover, given the fact that this class would be directed towards soon-to-be moms. (But what about the soon-to-be dads?) You would also have to "seed" it with a few permanent members so that a stable "caretaker-leader" network could be formed.

3. ByGrace3

ByGrace3 New Member

I think it would be a good training class for unwed mothers. Our church is an inner-city one, and we bring in quite a few teen mothers. They don't fit in with the teens, but they don't fit in the young married class either. Great tool to get them in, saved, and discipled!

Susan

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot believe that in over a month only two others have made a post to LIZA. I always hear about how Pro life we are, yet we will not act on it!! I am amazed at some of the other post, ie KJV only, Divorce, ect; there are many opinions about these subjects.
    I will be writing a letter to at least two Pro life groups this week about LIZA.
    May I set a goal of 3,741 churches who will sponsor a LIZA class? Why 3,741; that is how many children are aborted each and every day!
    Need I say more? Remember, when you remain silent, you have spoken!