1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. Jack Schaap calls the pope "a godly man"

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by sanderson1769, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanderson1769

sanderson1769 New Member

Follow the link below to listen to a 14 minute clip of Dr. Jack Schaap, pastor of First Baptist Church of Hammond, Indiana, sympathize with a serial pedophile, comparing his sin to smoking. In the same clip he also calls Pope John Paul II "a godly man."

http://www.hardpreaching.com/page4.html

How long will his church members drink the kool-ade?

Sincerely,

Pastor Steven L Anderson
    Faithful Word Baptist Church
    www.faithfulwordbaptist.org
    [​IMG]

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

You're just mad that Schapp didn't advocate killing homosexuals, like you advocate. (documentation: Look at this man's website, if you can stomach it)

I refuse to call you a pastor...[snipped for violation of BB policy on questioning salvation] I have a theory as to why your venom is so strong--particularly toward homosexuals. But I'll keep that theory to myself.

I find you to be a pitiable man. May God have mercy on your tortured soul, and for those poor folks you are leading down the wrong path.

#2 rbell, Mar 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2007
  3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Praise God for good news out of Hammond. This clip indicates that Pastor Schapp has something of the heart of Christ as he looks at others. He is trying to see people with the eyes of Christ instead of eyes of the flesh.

This thread is closed. It was based on a lie. Pastor Shapp called the pope a sincere man, not a godly man in the sense Pastor Sanderson implies. The context was that young people are looking to what they consider a man of God.

Yes he showed sympathy with a paedophile. No more sympathy than Christ did. Jesus died for the young man described. He died for paedophiles just liked he died for backbiters. gossips, and prideful men.

I had to edit the second post in this thread because no matter what feelings were stirred it violated the rules of the Baptist Board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.