1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Annointing of the Spirit

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by christianyouth, Mar 29, 2007.

1. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

As I have been studying, latley I have been confronted with many preachers who talk about being 'annointed' by the Holy Spirit. I am not familiar with this concept, nor the terminology, so I am just curious what exactly is being 'annointed' with the Spirit?

Looking forward to the responses.

-Andy

2. AAA

AAA New Member

I have asked the same basic question here...

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=37620

This will mean to walk in the power (ACTS 1:8) of the HOLY GHOST or some call it: Walking in the anionting of GOD.

A lost person becomes a child of GOD and He has the righteousness of JESUS CHRIST upon him. As he being a new child of GOD walks in repentence and is willing to obey GOD to a greater extent this will produce what will call living a christian life. As he begins to felloewship with GOD and forsake sin God's presense will begin to manifest itself in a tangleble way throuth the believer. When ever this happens, this is when other people will begin to see the light of Christ shinning through you, and this is when a person is walking in the anointing of the SPIRIT.

The more the righteousness of JESUS Christ is shinning through you means that you will have a greater annointing (tangleble presense of GOD's Spirirt.) of GOD working through you. Sin in the life of the believer will decrease the anointing of GOD, because GOD can NOT fellowship with sin.

There are many ways that GOD can manifest Himself through the anointing.

For example:

A. Peter walk and his showdow fell on the people and they were healed...Peter did not do the healing, but GOD.

B. Peter had enough of the anointing of GOD on him that people fell dead at his feet because the presence of the HOLY SPIRIT will not let thier willful sin go on...ACTS 5.

C. In ACTS 2 Peter was preaching and people were cut to the heart and become convicted of thier sin and they asked the apostles; "Brothers, what shall we do" and Peter replied to them in ACTS 2:38-39.....

In modern times.
    There was a man named SMITH WIGGLESWORTH and he prayed to GOD a whole lot, and he walked into a Doctors office and just begin to pray for the salvation of the people around him. And the Holy Spirit begin to manifest HIMSELF though the anointing of GOD and people were cut to the heart (acts 2) and begin to fall down on thier kness crying out: "what must we do to be saved". The jailer asked the same thing of Paul in the book of ACTS.

There was a preacher that read a sermon "Sinners in the hands of an angry GOD" and basic the same thing happened.

It was Not the people that convicted and healed the people, but it was GOD that worked through the anointing of the Holy Ghost.

The anointing of GOD is in the life of the believer to be used of GOD as a witness of HIS soverignty and the greatness of HIS salvation by GRACE through JESUS Christ and His shed blood!

Do you understand what I am saying?

I hope that this helps....

:godisgood:

#2 AAA, Mar 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2007
  3. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

4. johnp.

johnp. New Member

I think: 2 Cor 1:21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

1 John 2:27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.

He anoints us the once which will be sufficient to do the good works which God prepared in advance for us to do. Eph 2:10. If we feel the Spirit stronger at times than others that does not mean that the best work goes then, the best could be when you feel nothing. (If the feelie thing is involved. I don't know but it sounds as if people are looking for highs.)

I don't make decisions about what I want to do I just do what I do. When I'm doing I'm asking others to pray for my doing, I don't need noboby to annoint me for the task God prepared in advance for me, (do I?). If at times I'm doing nothing I feel that that is the correct way to be, waiting on God not chasing Him down to give me a blast. I'm willing to change my mind though. I learnt my stuff from a Calvinist Church, the charismatics were 1/2 mile down the road. :)

john.

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

The anointing is illumination, as 1 John 2:27 makes clear. It enables us to understand the Scriptures. That is the only place that "anointing" is talked about with respect to the Spirit that I can think of.

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Personally, I kinda' figure that someone who has to tell you he or she is "annointed with the spirit", ain't!!

Ed