1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth on Palin coming out

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I stand behind my assertion that Obama, in addition to not being presidential material, is a danger to the Constitution and the country.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Did you watch the video?

I agree Obama may not have been the best this Nation had to offer but I think he was the best ticket running. I can safely say he can name the countries in North America and knows Africa is a continent and not a country. Also, I wouldn't want her no where near the button if the parts are true about her temper tantrums etc...

In a democracy, there is no way the peoples choice can endanger the Constitution since the Constitution is what we say it is. If we don't like it, we simply amend it. If it doesn't say what we're doing is right, we just amend it.

The Constitution is made for us and not us for the Constitution. A document can't hold the people prisoner in a democracy. You federalist are going to have a real hard time realizing the Constitution is what we say it is and not what you believe it is.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

How is this on topic in a thread about Gov Palin's weaknesses?

On topic - I don't get to watch Fox here.

Is this real or satire? I suspect the latter.

#4 NaasPreacher (C4K), Nov 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2008
  5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not so , Roger, and you should know better.

Obama will appoint judges who will decide cases based on the socio-economic status of the participants rather than the law.

He has indicated clearly that he will appoint judges that will legislate from the bench. Your suggestion that "we just amend it" is rather naive, to say the least.

They will amend it with the stroke of a pen and the bang of the gavel in the same we that they "amended" the Constitution to legalize unfettered federally funded abortion.

He intends to use the justice department to administer his pprogram of redistribution. It's a whole lot easier to appoint judges who reinterpret the Constitution than "just amend it" .

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I actually watched it on the O'Reilly factor tonight which is what made me look for the clip. I think more importantly, this is the first report. Let's see if more follows as time subsides.

However, you can tell during the interviews and debate she had no depth to her. She had the talking points down but when asked to explain she would either repeat the talking point, dodge the question or say she'd have to get back to them.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Can we stay on topic - this thread is about Gov Palin - not Obama.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Are you telling me this was not satire? That's scary - I found myself chuckling at comments like, "well, we can show her maps and teach her that Africa is not a country."

Surely this was not a serious discussion.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Not sure what this means, we currently have 27 amendments to the constitution. How is it naive to say we can add a 28th of necessary?

The SCOTUS don't amend the constitution, the legislative body has to do it. Are you sure you're not just speaking from emotion?

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe it's about the qualifications of any candidate to hold office.

You are unfairly trying to restrict the flow of the exchange to just your idea of what the subject is.

Don't let your title go to your head.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being intentionally obtuse is unbecoming.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Yes, I watched it on Fox this evening. This is the clip from Bill O'Reilly show and he is as conservative as the get (well, he's no Limbaugh or Hanity but he is over there).

Here is an article on Huffington...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/palin-didnt-know-africa-i_n_141653.html

They are the first to pick up the story, lets see if others follow.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

The thread is about Gov Palin. That is clear - you are attempting to redirect it to another topic. .

You know I will not moderate threads where I am involved.

I have reported your off topic post to the other moderators.

I still doubt that this interview is serious. It must be satirical in nature.

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Go ahead and close the thread Roger, it's already off to a start to nowhere...

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I am, as we say here, gobsmacked that this is real.

Are you, or this report, really claiming that Gov Pain thought South Africa was only part of the country of Africa???

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then , to be fair, you should report 90% of the topics on the board.

I believe it is about the qualifications of any candidate to hold office including Palin, Obama, and any othe candidate anyone wishes to bring up.

So, now you have the opportunity to hold a meaningless conversation about the qualifications of an already defeated candidate or a relevant conversation about someone who has been elected. :thumbs:

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I will choose the topic of this thread, which is clearly Gov Palin's weaknesses. If I want to discuss Pres Elect Obama I will do so an a thread about him, there certainly are plenty out there with out derailing this one about the idol of the religious right.

I will have to see more proof before I can accept that Gov Palin is the kind of person implied in this video clip. I have a hard time accepting that the person being discussed could really be chose to run for the office that is one heartbeat from the White House.

IF all this is true it helps explain why the GOP were so badly beaten in this election.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll defend your right to be wrong. Any you are way off topic. This thread is about Palin. She would have been a complete disaster if she had to take over as president. We will learn more about her as time goes by.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.