1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Navy SEALS Get The Shaft

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Nov 25, 2009.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009

By Rowan Scarborough

Navy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq — the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. And three of the SEALs who captured him are now facing criminal charges, sources told FoxNews.com.

The three, all members of the Navy's elite commando unit, have refused non-judicial punishment — called an admiral's mast — and have requested a trial by court-martial.

Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named "Objective Amber," told investigators he was punched by his captors — and he had the bloody lip to prove it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,576646,00.html

2. OldRegular

It is enough to make me sick!

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sometime ago this common thug grabbed the gun off of a police officer on duty at a courtroom during his trial, and shot the officer dead right there in that courtroom in front of the judge, his (the thug's) family, and courtroom spectators, then he bolted out of the courtroom and tried to escape with other officers hot on his tail.
    they got him right in front of the police station.
    when they brought him back to court that same day, after the crime scene has been processed, his face was one bloody, puffy mass.
    apparently civilians and police officers gave him a good beat down.
    his relatives wailed and complained, and the judge told him they should be thankful he was at least breathing and alive, and proceeded to hand down a life sentence without the possibility of parole and without prejudice to new murder charges being brought against him right in that judge's sala.
    and here we have a confirmed terrorist who got a fat lip from a hero which he most likely deserved.
    hummph !!

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never understood this type of silliness. We send these soldiers to fight and kill terrorists and then charge them with assault when they rough up a captive. That just does not make sense to me.

What is so very sad is that, in this case, the U.S. Army is doing exactly what the terrorist wanted them to do. Why do you think he complained about his busted lip? One of the problems we are having is that our bureaucracy is getting in the way of our military. No soldier should be tried for assault on a battlefield. The whole thing is silly, political correctness run amuck.

No wonder it takes us so long to win a war. :tonofbricks:

#4 Martin, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2009
  5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is assuming that they (administration) WANT to win -- a fact I find very doubtful!!!

6. billwald

billwald New Member

After a suspect is captured the state or whomever is responsible for his welfare.

7. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

That's true, but I'm with OldRegular here. There has to be prosecutorial discretion here. People do things in the heat of battle or capturing a terrorist that might not be the best thing or even what they would normally do. It's not like they killed him or anything. There needs to be some common sense and say that maybe they didn't need to punch him, but under the circumstances it reduces the Navy SEALs' culpability to the point that prosecution is not needed.

8. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

"Suspect" is not the proper term - "enemy terrorist" is the proper term.

But, yes, your are correct that we are responsible for the proper handling of all prisoners. A lot of things are prohibited. Every member of our military knows and understands what that means. Actual implementation is one of those things you've just got to be there to truly appreciate.

We don't have all the details in this case but it really does seem to stink. My gut tells me our people did nothing wrong and this is the result of someone up the chain of command erring on the side of extreme caution to protect their own back side in the present era of political correctness and potential adverse media exposure.

It my gut is correct I hope these guys are vindicated as soon as possible. I also hope this doesn't have an adverse effect on morale.

#8 Dragoon68, Nov 25, 2009
  9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even if this were dropped yesterday, the fact of it coming up has to have an effect on morale.

Best thing the troops could do is just kill any such they come in contact with, since that seems to be OK; but a punch in the nose --UCMJ time!!!

I'll be surprised if there is any military to speak of after a few years of this *(*$#@!(_*&^crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the seals did their job. they went in, small unit, and got their man. I believe they acted in accordance with instructions and objective, if they hadn't that rat's butt wouldn't even be alive.
    he most likely gave the seals such a provocation that a highly disciplined man would let his knucles kiss his foul mouth.
    and I think the seals still have that much faith in the military so that they chose a court-martial over a civilian trial.

11. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Although we don't know exactly what happened your assumption might well be the case and that's what I mean by "you've just got to be there to truly appreciate" the situation. Some folks are masters at provocation and sooner or latter they may get what they ask for only to then use that to their own ends. It stinks!

The accused chose a summary courts-marital over just accepting non-judicial punishment (art. 15) from their commanding officer because I think they believe they are right and will be vindicated.

#11 Dragoon68, Nov 25, 2009
  12. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I have similar concerns on numerous counts!

#12 Dragoon68, Nov 25, 2009
  13. OldRegular

This terrorist was in the custody of the Iraqi before he was turned over to the American Military. Who knows what happened? In any event it is utterly stupid for these men to be court martialed. They should be given medals.

If the people don't wake up and revolt we will be worse off than a third world country.

#13 OldRegular, Nov 25, 2009
  14. OldRegular

A year or so ago 8 soldiers were court martialed for supposedly killing some Iraqi non combatants. These were the men that the Rep from Pa convicted on the House floor. Last I heard seven had been cleared with one to go. IO suspect he was cleared also.

15. rbell

rbell Active Member

I hope the court gives these guys a written apology, and one free shot each at the lowlife they captured.

16. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Agreed. It does seem like a waste of time to take such a minor thing to court-martial, but the Navy SEALS chose this option to have their names cleared and I believe justice will be prevail.

17. OldRegular

It will be a battle between justice and political correctness. I would not hazard a guess as to the outcome.

18. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

If I ever meet a terrorist, I am gonna give him a fat lip too.