1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Do You Get America to Freely Hand Over Their Guns ?!?!?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jun 14, 2010.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Years ago, more than I want to admit, I had an acquaintance who worked with the ATF. Now, I haven't seen him in 30 years, but, he once told me that America had a long term plan to slowly turn the tide of public opinion against the right to bear arms. He said the plan would result in the vast majority of Americans freely turning over their weapons, in order to secure the protection and safety from the death, destruction and violence caused by fire arms.

He went on to share that Americans would eventually tire of reading about, hearing about, and seeing the violence, death, and destruction of guns in society. He predicted, quite accurately, that this change of mind would come through the growth in events like mass murders in public places, drive-by shootings in our neighborhoods, mass shootings at public and private schools, etc.

He told me that the government believed that before the turn of the century, the majority of Americans would feel so unsafe because of gun violence that, when asked to support an over-turn of the Second Amendment - "A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" - they would vote in mass to allow the government to put an end to the right to bear arms.

Well, he was definitely off a few years, but, I bring this up to make another point. The government truly knows how to turn the tide of public opinion against anything from gun control to the use of fossil fuels to power our cars, light and heat our homes.

I don't believe the lack of effort to get the oil spill under control is simply an ineffective government, or poor leadership by Obama. I am waiting to hear his speech on Tuesday night to see just what direction he wants America to go in to prevent more disasters like the one in the Gulf.

This oil spill - in the Gulf - could be a harbinger used to sway public opinion to accept six and seven dollars per gallon for gas at the pump in order to ween America off the use of, and need for, fossil fuel oils.

This was the perfect disaster. It has struck a note of fear, and anger in the majority of Americans, and the government will use this disaster to swiftly pass their version of "cap-and-tax" bill, as they move us toward other types of energy development in order to avoid future disasters, and end our dependence upon the mid-East.

Just as I believe, that some day, the government will use the growing violence in our streets due to fire-arms (Chicago is a prime example of a city under siege) to obtain pubic support to over-turn the 2nd Amendment. I also believe that the government will permit and allow certain things to get out of control in-order to gain that lynch-mob mentality among Americans in order to gain their support to slip in changes that the people of America would normally go to the polls, or, even to war, in order to prevent from happening.

In order to make earthshaking changes without as causing as much as a "ripple" of sentiment among society, the government uses, and at times allows, situations to become so harrowing that proposed radical change is much easier to accept, approve, and if necessary, pass; in order to keep us safe and protect us from future events taking place.

Of course, this is purely my opinion, loosely based on a conversation with a friend who worked for ATF, over a cup of coffee, more than 30 years ago. So, let's wait and see what really comes from this oil spill, what Obama has in mind to keep us from future oil spills through off-shore drilling, and the growing use of guns in our neighborhoods to kill more and more innocent people.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

#1 righteousdude2, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2010
  2. billwald

billwald New Member

Why should our owners, the largest living over seas, car if I won a gun? Is the US gun owner going to make war of Switzerland?

3. billwald

billwald New Member

Own, own. Spell checker doesn't catch typos that make words.

4. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh ?

Sorry bill, I didn't quite understand your response... :wavey:

5. billwald

billwald New Member

(If) The purpose of the grand conspiracy is to transfer assets from the American public to the European aristocracy why should our owners, the European aristocracy, care if we own guns? How will our gun owning slow the flow of assets from us to them?

6. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny, I just finished reading an excellent book that talks about this very thing.

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's the Name of the Book???

What is the name of the book and who wrote it. I'm interested in these topics... Hannity mentioned the same thing tonight. We must all be on the same wave length. :thumbs:

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Pastor Paul,
    Not that I have ever studied the subject, but in the past, I know I have seen situations where local authorites in various places offered cash for guns to be turned in, and there were piles of them for money. This is in addition to what you said. It is amazing someone puts a monetary price on a freedom or liberty.

No doubt if it were possible, some would sell their very souls for fame and fortune.

9. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

I hear that "guns for cash" programs are a great way to get rid of your broken or junk guns. You can take their money and go buy a good gun.

10. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's called The Overton Window by Glenn Beck.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Criminals will never hand over their guns, no matter what.

Neither will I.

The difference is in the "why", not the "how".

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Now thats not a bad idea. Never thought of that. Mostly rifles at this house. Up in the attic there are two that will not fire. One is a double barrel manufactured around Chicago in the 1890s. I know my ggf used it to hunt. The barrel would not survive a firing. Another one is a Japanese (I believe 7mm) that my wife's dad brought back from the war. My granddad years ago also gave us a bayonet he picked up off a battlefield in France during WW1.

#12 saturneptune, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2010
  13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

We can't and we wont because, along with our Bibles, we are clinging to tightly to them.

HankD

14. billwald

billwald New Member

An old gun that the govt doesn't know exists is worth more than a new gun.

15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey John...

thanks a lot... a book by Beck doesn't interest me, but, I forgot to ask, "did you like it???"

16. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a novel, not really. As a device to make you think about how we evaluate and are influenced by those in power over us, yes, it was very good.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Imagine that.

18. 1Tim115

1Tim115 New Member

Are any of you members of the NRA? Also, do you contribute to their defense of freedom efforts?

I became a member of the NRA just to fight for my 2nd ammendment rights. I'm sorry to say they sent me a pocket knife gift for joining...made in China!

19. billwald

billwald New Member

Life member . . . but seems like the NRA may be selling out by supporting new campaign legislation . . . I don't quite understand the issue.

20. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

What'd you expect as an enrollment consolation??? An M1A1 Abrams?? An F-18 Hornet??? An F-22 Raptor??:laugh::laugh: