1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Supreme Court to hear Gay Issue

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by tomana, Dec 7, 2012.

1. tomana

tomana Member

if gay marriage is approved by the US Supreme Court, IMO it will be a spiritual death kneel for the USA

How do you see it ?

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    #2 Salty, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2012
  3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hate to be a negative nilly, but here I go.

It really doesn't matter if gay marriage is approved by the Supreme Court. Homosexuality has long since been approved by the American society. Not enough people care. And those that do are in a vast minority.

And ...... if America is going to fall like the Roman Empire, then it won't be because the lost acts like they are lost. It will be because Christians have acting like they are lost for too long.

4. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

When a govt starts approving of immorality, we as a nation are in trouble. More importantly the family is in trouble and thus our kids will suffer. IMO

The church must be a light in a dark place.

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Maybe they'll encourage the government to get out if the marriage business all together. That would be a good move forward.

6. tomana

tomana Member

I see what you mean about blanket statements, you are right.

The following verse does not say God will destroy a Nation today if it condones homosexuality but rather, that Sodom serves as a reminder of the eternal fire to come, for those who practice immorality.

Jude 1:7
    just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

I did a quick search and could find nothing to indicate the Lord will repeat (in this world) what happened to Sodom

#6 tomana, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
  7. General Mung Beans

Considering abortion and divorce for any and no reason is already legal in this country, legalizing gay marriage would be little more than icing on the cake.

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's amazing, some of you know nothing of which you speek beyond the ink on some paper and you call yourselves justified. The 'icing on the cake" remark is not along the wrong track though, it's great insight. This nation was founded by God fearing men and women and because we held as closely as we did for two centuries God blessed us as a nation.

In my, soon to be, 68 years, I have been left speechless as to why our Holy father has not knocked the, secular, props out from under us already. We are so self righteous that we can crawl into the back seat of the car, rob a young lady of her virtue and then dare God to charge us of abandoning our first, third or twenty-third wife. The Corporate Church is so deluded with self righteousness that the homosexual is going to Hell but the Deacon, shacking with half the single women andf about ten percent of the married ones is a Jolly Good Fellow.

Look around yourselves. God put an Illegal Alien into the Oval Office and has now reseated him for a second term. This nation of sinners is rapidly falling.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This is, of course, the only sensible option.

11. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But then one has the problem of how to deal with issues such as inheritance, tax status, designation of 'next of kin' etc.

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I don't see a problem there. Institute a private civil contract that can be signed for life or for a set period, renewable on agreement by both parties after a set period.

13. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are two questions here.

1. Is homosexuality moral or immoral?
    2. Is homosexuality constitutional?
    The Supreme Court is supposed to rule on the constitutionality of the issue, not on the morality of the issue.

An example: It is legal for rich folk to avoid taxes on income by putting it in various banks overseas. Personally I do not believe that doing so is moral or ethical.

Likewise in a number of states capital punishment is legal, but to my mind it is not moral.

Seems to me that the posts so far deal with the morality or immorality of the issue and not whether it is constitutional or not.

I know there are those who will disagree with me. But that is true every day.

I like C4K's idea.

14. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

The "morality" of homosexuality isn't really the issue. The "legal acceptance" of it as a normal status is.

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All laws are based on morals

16. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, was the holocaust, which was legal in Germany, moral?

Was the death of millions during the "Great Cultural Revolution" under Mao moral?It was legal?

Was slavery in the southern states moral? It was legal.

Are you saying that if the SC rules that gay marriages are legal they will be moral?

17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good grief. The warped thinking that leads to responding to my post in this way is just astounding. May the Lord give you peace and a sound mind.

18. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about an answer instead of whining.

Were those legal actions moral or immoral?

19. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That would work as between the individuals concerned but would not with regard to any third party including government (at any level) eg: with regard to tax-treatment, medical treatment etc; you would need some degree of government recognition of your private arrangement for that to work properly, and that's where the rubber hits the road...

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

That was my implication Matt - these would be recognised or even issued by the state. If two people want to sign an agreement recognising each other as 'next of kin' and as a sharer of mutual property and inheritance rights, tax policy, power of attorney, etc what business would it be to anyone if the relationship was conjugal or not?

#20 NaasPreacher (C4K), Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012