1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Should Peyton Manning retire?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Feb 4, 2014.

?

What should Peyton Manning do?

Poll closed Aug 3, 2014.
  1. Peyton should retire

20.0%
  2. Peyton should try to win another Super Bowl

60.0%
  3. Peyton needs to rest on his faith and pray about this

20.0%
  4. No opinion/don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. thisnumbersdisconnected

Reports were mixed prior to the Super Bowl, but Manning is apparently sold on returning for another season with Denver, although even that report is in question. Yahoo Sports! reported the week before SBXLVIII that Manning wasn't looking for a rocking chair anytime soon.
    [URL="http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/peyton-manning-confirms-plans-come-back-play-next-003458010--nfl.html]Yahoo Sports!: Peyton Manning confirms he plans to come back and play next season[/URL]​
    Other than Yahoo and TheRedZone, most sports media outlets are treading cautiously as to whether or not Manning will retire, though most believe he's leaning toward coming back at least one more year.

My feeling is, yeah, he didn't win another Super Bowl, but is trying to get another one worth the risk to his health? That neck could present major health issues if a tackle goes badly for him. Go home, enjoy the wife and kids for a season, then talk to ESPN about a job in the booth or on the set, or become somebody's offensive coordinator. You've earned it.

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. He's a great regular season quarterback. He just stinks in the post-season. Let him play in the regular season and then use the backup in the postseason.

Or do what the Eagles did with Ron Jaworski and bring in a young QB to take over on 3rd and 4th downs.

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

He does? Are you basing this on one game, or all of his postseason games, including the Super Bowl that he won?

I hope this is sarcasm. If you're serious, this is just silly.

What are you talking about?

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm talking about exactly what I said. As Jaworski got older and his mobility became an issue, Buddy Ryan would bring Cunningham in on third down on any third down that was over six or seven yards.

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Ahh. Buddy Ryan. Gotcha.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If he gets a clean bill of health on his neck situation he ought to come back for another season. He should also work on strengthening his throwing arm.

7. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

Don't think at his age that his arm is going to get much stronger. He really never had the "gun" like a Ben or a Marino, but was the most accurate in football. I said he should have retired after the neck surgeries, but competitors like him, those that are in the upper echelon, they're just kinda wired different. When he does hang it up, he will be missed. And I'm glad I had the opportunity to watch him work his 4th quarter magic in person many times. Even if a couple times it brought me grief.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell that to Elway.

10. thisnumbersdisconnected

[​IMG]

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Peyton should etire when Peyton is ready to retire. He's the greatest QB of all time in my book. Why would he retire? None of the perceived to be better QBs got farther than he did this year.

12. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is having fun. And has made it known he has no plans to retire in 2014!