1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why is the church letting sin come in the back door?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Mar 26, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd like to know if you all see what I see, and that is the church letting sin come in through the back door of the church? By the name of Christian unity ... charitable diversity ... being politically correct ... or tolerant love; the church has slowly but surely aligned itself with the world it operates in for a myriad of reasons.

- popularity
    - to keep attendance up, and giving strong
    - to not rock the boat
    - to be hip and open and modern
    - to show that everyone is equally loved, at all costs
    - you name it; they adopt it....

If the church continues to align itself with the ways of this world, it will be in sad shape as this century moves forward!!!

The fact that World Vision is approving same-sex employees; that state after state is approving same gender marriage; that the sales of pot is becoming popular in order to add one more avenue for revenue; or that churches have not dropped the boy and girl scout programs from their sponsorships are but a few of the ways that they are signaling to the world that the sins these organizations are allowing in their ranks is also accepted in the ranks of the church!

We are to be the salt of the earth ... the beacon on a hill! And we can't be that if we allow even one wink, or one nod, in the direction of sin, no matter how biblical or christian the reason(s) may appear or sound on paper!

The church needs to let others know that what is slowly being accepted by society is still not accepted by the only book we adhere to and that is the Gospel. The church needs to stop hiring pereachers that tickle the ears of those sitting in the pews. If we don't preach the hard truth of the Word, who will?

We need to wake up. And the only way to wake up is to get up, and shake off the lingering effects of having been asleep way to long! Sin is still sin, and the Bible hasn't changed calling it what it is. I am not against loving the sinner, but we can't love the sin or let the sin into the church

Don't forget that even Jesus went into the Temple and taught the moneychangers "Tough love!" Do you not believe that one-day God will not hold us all responsible and accountable for the lack of holding the line? Well, I do, and I hope you do. That is the only way to live what you believe. Love others, but do not be not afraid to tell them that there is but one way to God and that is through Jesus, and there is no room for compromise! Love Him all the way, or don't love Him at all! Jesus even told those who were not ready to leave EVERYTHING behind, in order to carry the cross, to return to their first love and remain there.

We need to do whatever it takes to stop the sin from coming in through the back door of our church ... or soon it will be coming in through the front door, and then it will be too late! :tonofbricks:

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Back door? Shoot that comes through the front door, spins around , strikes a pose and then sits on the front pew.

If it walks through the front door of our homes in terms of what we watch , listen to, wear, and allow in our homes, should we be surprised that the church has been contaminated?

I think all one has to do is look at how the young ladies are allowed to dress. Fathers need to start acting like men of God and shutting this stuff down in their homes FIRST.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So another question begging post and a rail against h@m@se%uality. Nicely done.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:type::laugh:

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

A well stated and appropriate criticism of the churches of today. The tenor of this post is in sharp contrast to one on the Theology Forum and the addendum by Zaac [post #2] is spot on!

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen to all you said!

I can't disagree with the truth...still, most churches are allowing things to come in through the back door. Granted many have the front doors wide open and a huge sign out front inviting them in!

You are right, parents need to make sre their kids are aware of the sin, and teach the Word for what it says, not what we wish it would say! The Bible is the word of God, not some pick and choose, selective kind of Disney fairytale. In others if it sounds good, use it. If it doesn't tickle the ears, hush it, and if it can't be ignored, rewrite it to fit what works best to keep the masses happy.

My goodness, we certainly don't want people coming to church and leaving with a sense of being challenged to live more for Jesus and less for self! That just won't do?

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks....

I aim to please, God that is! If it is liked, in turn by my peers, than praise God! And yes Zaac, can surprise even the best of us, not that I am anywhere near the best of youall!

8. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I don't see my church as being like the one described in the OP.

Is it perfect? Of course not. If it was perfect, I couldn't be a member, because it wouldn't be perfect any more.

9. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh, when has there not been sin in the church?

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't take it personal!

I doubt if your church is one that meets the criteria I noted in the "OP!" Unless you have bowed to the worldly things that a lot of churches have allowed to come in, than "Don't take it personal!" Read the OP, I wasn't talking about all churches. Just those that fall into the catagorey of compromising with sin in order to keep their pews filled! I hope that's not your church!

11. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

Agreed. Always has been. If there wasn't, Paul wouldn't have had much to write about, and the New Testament would be a whole lot smaller.:eek:

12. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Thanks for the clarification.

It would be helpful if you would give specific instances that you would classify as compromises. If you'll start the list, I'm sure others can add to it.