1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will NORMALIZATION of Sin Weaken the Church?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 21, 2014.

?
  1. Yes, in fact, it is already happening.

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, the church will not bow to social pressures from within and without.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Can't say, but I hope not!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. My response to the poll is as follows .....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is my opinion, and I do not have any links to support this opinion, that the normalization of sin will e erode the focal point of holiness within the church

I see future generations being caught up in what they will view as normal living practices, and eventually look at the Word of God as being too strict, and lacking Godly love! In one sense, we already see that lack of preaching about hell and God's wrath towards the unsaved at judgement, as being just to "Unloving" from a loving God!

We call this "God is love and will not send anyone to hell" way of thinking as Universalism, and believe me, it is on the rise! It is difficult to get younger folks to understand that if they have not repented from sin and come to God through Grace and the work of His Son on the cross, that they will be judged as lost.

It is this same universal approach toward holy living that is being ignored by many today, and that number is going to continue to grow as things like same-sex marriage and homosexuality, ordained homosexuals, and such, will one day be so normal that the church will not even question it! Again, this is my opinion.

We have watched as the sin of fornication, adultery, divorce and remarriage have been social sanitized and accepted as just the way the society of this day and time are, and the church is pretty much forgiving and accepting of such sin, and people who practice such sin, into the church. In fact, it is not impossible to believe that couples living together out of wedlock are not only worshiping in our churches, but even serving in some capacity!

And when these sins are brought to the attention of the pastor and the leaders of the churches, the weak excuse of, "Well, we let them come with hope that the Word will eventually convict them and turn them around in Jesus!"

The same can be said of drinking alcohol and smoking. While some churches have no problem with either being done on the campus, more believers have no problem explaining it away and acceptable if done in the privacy of his or her life, away from the church so long as it hurts not one!

Even so, the Word makes no distinction between what is done on the grounds of the church and what is done away from the church because we are, in fact, the "Temple of the living God!" Paul does not mince his words in 1 Cor. 6:18-20 when he writes, "Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore, glorify God in your body."

The truth is, the only standard by which God is glorified and pleased with is that of Holiness, and anything else grieves Him. Of course, I am positive that when we come to Him and are saved, that our names are written in the Lamb's blood into the Lamb's Book of Life, and that nothing, NOTHING, will separate us from that love. Still, we have a standard to grow by and into, and we will be graded or judged at the Great White Throne of Judgement for believers, and some of us, including myself [as I've been divorced and remarried], will be facing charges of stagnating and not pleasing Him as we should have, in accordance with His spoken word!

If I have any proof that the church will lose its holy focus and be the victim of a sanitized and normalized society that because of tolerance and politcal correctness will gradually accept sin as a way of life, and will one-day present no arguments against such sin, but instead arguments for those lifestyles by saying, What if, or but does it really apply to me?"

I fear the church is going to be more and more absorbed by the normalization of sin, and lose the standard of holiness that once separated the church from the world!

So, what say you?

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

Of course it will. Jesus and the apostles all warned us that it would. Not that it "could." That is would. There will remain faithful followers of Christ and their churches that will not bow to societal acceptance of sin, and refuse to call anything that is sin, anything other than "sin."

Unfortunately, not all churches will be biblical literate. We already have churches letting sin in the door -- homosexual activity, pro-choice agendas, rejection of public prayer. We are in the "last days of the last days" and then comes judgment on those who have claimed to follow Christ, and those who never have made such a claim.

#2 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
  3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It's already normalized into what we watch and listen to.

4. Mrs.Owl

Mrs.Owl New Member

Its already happening, and has been.

I enjoy NCIS, Duck Dynasty, and CSI...but I consider the Big Bang Theory and Dancing with the Stars quite inappropriate. o_o You may think I'm inappropriate...oh well.

5. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Where sin abounds, grace super abounds

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks TND...

....you are spot on with that view!

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If we turned off all entertainment ....

....we'd have more time to read the Bible! However, that in itself is not reality, so YES we watch television shows, and learn through what we know from the Scripture to dial out the things that do not glorify God.

If a person is being influenced in such a way to emulate the characters and actions of those, they see on television, that is another problem, and there are many of those. Just like video games are causing a younger generation to emulate what they play on the screen.

I like the shows you named, and I excuse them when they make a push to support gay rights. I think maturity is knowing the difference between what is real, what isn't real, and then seeing how Hollywood is propping up certain sins to normalize them?

I can't find this link, so if anyone does have it, please post it, but I heard late last year, that Obama approved federal money via grants to network programming if they used their plot line to support gay marriage, gays in the military, the poor illegal immigrants' plight into America, and Obamacare, so if you see story lines propping up these issues, you can be sure they are getting federal tax money to write these tolerance issues into their story lines!

Here's one story on how Hollywood nudged their viewers to be tolerant and accepting of same-sex marriage! http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_23546015/barney-how-tv-helped-nudge-society-issue-same

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist