1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

House punts on border bill, but wait ... there's a flag on the play

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Jul 31, 2014.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

Something -- anything, almost -- is better than letting the Democrats say they fled Washington without dealing with the issue.

To heck with the fact they, nor their president, have dealt with it either. You know how the majority of the media will spin it.

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

TODAY'S UPDATE:
    I think they should pass a bill and leave it on Reid's doorstep, then bludgeon him with it the entire five weeks' recess.

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

And here's the latest "pen and phone" threat from the fundraiser-in-chief:
    Resources for what? Passing legislation? There are plenty of resources. The problem is, Harry Reid eats House bills for breakfast and they never see the light of day.

The House needs to get that bill passed today, and leave it for Reid. Then it can give him and the Democrats indigestion.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately, I'm afraid anymore that ANYTHING this congress (read "moderate" Rs) does is gonna be for show only, and specifically will not do squat that will in any way truly nail the Ds hide to the I wall.:BangHead:

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably.

But it doesn't really matter what they do. The president will not honor it.

He's already shown he's going to do whatever he wants to do no matter what the law is.

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

"Immigration challenges." That is an interesting wording. We are currently experiencing immigration challenges. Nice. It adds an air of legality. There are immigrants, and the United States is facing challenges in handling the process. I see what they did there. Displaces any guilt or blame and focuses on making the dispute between Americans. Brilliant writing. Great move to get what is wanted. Political gaming at its finest. If ya can't tell, I am impressed! Disgusted, naturally, but you have to admit this is being well played.

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

The House acted late last night to try to place the blame for our "immigration challenges" squarely where they belong -- on the Democrat-controlled Senate, and the White House.

#7 thisnumbersdisconnected, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014