1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Problem FROM The Trinity Doctrine

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Hark, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please understand that I recognize the Three Persons of the Triune God as being the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.

I'll say it again to be clear before I start: I know the Holy Ghost is God.

But there is no scriptural support for worshipping the Holy Ghost with the Father & the Son.

But there is scriptural support for why the Holy Ghost is not to be worshipped with the Father & the Son.

Since the role of the Holy Spirit is to not speak of Himself:

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

So that when the Holy Spirit seeks to testify of the Son:

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

...the Holy Ghost is fulfilling His purpose & that is to glorify Jesus Christ:

John 16:14 He shall glorify me:

So how can the Holy Spirit do that except through us?

John 15:27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

As led by the Holy Spirit, His witness combined with ours in worship makes that witness true in worship in order to glorify the Son of God and by Him, God the Father as well.

John 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

John 13:31 Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32 If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him

When Jesus said this: it was to be the standard on how every believer will be judged as His disciple.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Again, the moment a believer stops honouring the Son, he is no longer honouring God the Father.

Paul stressed this to be the obedience for all believers to have this mind of in worship.

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

I believe in the Triune God, but I believe it is the will of the Father to honour Him by only honouring the Son and glorifying the Son for it is by the Son is how the Father is honoured and glorified by.

That IS what the Holy Spirit, Whom is God, is leading us to do.

***The "holy laughter" movement went across the denomenations in 1994 as occuring in Protestant and Catholic churches as it was no longer a streamlined Pentecostal/Charismatic event as reported by the 700 Club.

"Slain in the Spirit", Pensacola Outpouring, Toronto Blessings, and Ernest Angeley's Healing Crusades; all of these movements of the "Spirit" have confusion that stems from focussing on the Holy Spirit in worship. Some would call on the Holy Spirit to come and fall on them after a sign. Some preach another baptism with the Holy Ghost that comes with evidence of tongues which happens to come with no interpretation and thus it is apostasy also.

This is what happens when churches broaden the way in the worship place. We can blame it all on the Nicene creed of 381 A.D., but because the Holy Spirit is God and this errant assumption that He is to be worshipped with the Father & the Son has no place in scripture.

No good tree will produce an evil fruit; and no evil tree will produce a good fruit. The way has been broadened and the solution is to narrow the way back to the straight gate; the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ.

This is what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ as led by the Holy Spirit to do; to testify of the Son in seeking to glorify the Son & by Him, God the Father as well.

More and more, I see my former Presbyterian church saying things they ought not, like praying for the Holy Spirit to be sent to the worship place when He is already within us as promised for all those that had come to & believed in Jesus Christ.

For a time, they used to say in starting communion, "We come into His presence today.." but yet that is not the truth when He dwells in us and is with us always in according to our faith in Jesus Christ.

So let us ask the Lord as our Good Shepherd to help us say what we really mean in respect to our faith in Him in honouring Him as His disciple.

2. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A brother from India from another christian forum had testified that he used to not believe that the Holy Spirit would do dramatic manifestations as He has done in the early church times until one day.....

He spoke of the calender day of Pentecost that his church was celebrating, and after his Sunday adult class in the morning, his church held a service in specifically honouring the Holy Spirit that day.

As he was praying and honouring the Holy Spirit in worship, he described what felt like liquid nitrogen seeping through his skull, and then he began to confess against his will an apology to the Holy Spirit for not believing that He would do these darmatic manifestations now as He has done in the past.

Discern that "supernatural encounter". Test the spirit.

The Spirit of Christ should be behaving as ... Who?

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

The fact that they were ignoring Jesus command to come to Him, but to the Holy Spirit, this would highly testify what happens when one goes around Jesus in coming to God the Father in worship.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

So what happens when he went around Jesus by honouring the Holy Spirit which the Holy Spirit would never lead him to do? ( see OP for why) This "spirit" bullied him even though he was honouring "Him" in worship.

So this spirit was not meek and lowly in heart but doing the opposite of what the real indwelling Holy Spirit would lead a believer to do; honour the Son in worship in glorifying the Son so that they are honouring the Father in worship in glorifying the Father.

Now by that bullying, that spirit has his attention and focus even moreso now as he will be led by that spirit to seek to "receive" again for a sign.

This testing the spirit also exposes that spirit as not the Holy Spirit when he felt "that spirit" entering him like liquid nitrogen; therefore that was not the Holy Spirit when He was already in Him as promised for coming to & believing in Jesus Christ.

So why would God allow that spirit to enter a believer for honouring the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost?

Because that is not the will of the Father in how we are to COME to Him in worship nor to HONOUR Him by way of the Holy Spirit.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Below is the standard of judgment over every believer at the judgment seat of Christ.

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Jesus did not forget the Holy Spirit since it is the Spirit's job to not speak of Himself, but testify of the Son in seeking His glory as He does this through us.

So Jesus was giving a commandment in His invitation on the only way we can approach God the Father in worship, fellowship, and prayer.

John 14: 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Do you honour the commandment of His invitation or not? Do you honour the will of the Father in how He wants to be honoured or not?:jesus: