1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Threads With Hyperlinks

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by PreachTony, Apr 14, 2015.

1. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I know a lot of us like to link to stories from other websites in our posts. Sometimes these links are fairly harmless, coming from news websites, or sports sites, etc. Sometimes they are a bit more vague.

Would it be too much to ask for us to provide a description of what we are linking to? Some of us access the BB from work and these links, from time to time, are not allowed through corporate firewalls. A brief description of the contents of the link would at least allow us to take part in conversations, even if we cannot view the link.

Or am I the only one who is really bugged by this?

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Descriptions would be nice.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about we just post the links without turning them into something else so we can see where the link takes us to in advance.

4. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Agreed. Although some links are to thinks like Facebook, which most work firewalls prohibit. My job requires me to do a lot of waiting on my computer to process information, so I can cruise the BB a good bit. A link without a description can stop some people from even seeing what the conversation is about.

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also, skim the comment section and warn us if it's bad. And give a warning if there is profanity in the article linked to.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist