1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

‘It’s Beginning To Look a Lot Like Russia…”

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Dec 17, 2010.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You usually draw your own cockeyed conclusions. This time is no different.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It doesn't "nullify" it. You trade away some of what you consider your "rights" in order to fly. Just as you trade away your "right" to smoke, get drunk and loud, and make jokes about bombs on board. (free speech)

Even a suspected felon can waive his "rights" to an attorney or a jury trial. So you can waive some rights to fly safely.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

NS said, "There has been at least one instance where security procedures were dropped because they were found to be pointless and ineffective."

I don't know about you but I would call any security procedure that allows dangerous things like loaded guns, knives and bomb making material onto airplanes 20 out of 22 times pointless and ineffective.

How about some of those "common sense" procedures that actually work instead of just making innocent law abiding citizens targets of needless big government harrassment?

Is that so much to ask?

#43 poncho, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2010
  4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Naw. Just surprised that you have gone off the reservation of being a limited government conservative.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Must have been before I joined BB. :smilewinkgrin:

6. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

What would you suggest? We know that some people would like to blow up or crash airplanes, preferably with lots of passengers aboard. None of the measures are foolproof unless every passenger is strip-searched, and of course that isn't going to happen. But one thing we have no lack of is folks who are ready to be angry at the drop of a hat.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You know what would make me feel a whole lot safer NS. I'll tell ya. I'd feel a whole lot safer if you and Carpro both submitted to a full cavity search. I'm not joking!

Yeah cuz ya see my Big Sis says if I see anything suspicious I should report it. I think you and Carpro both act alittle suspicious so it's my duty as a good citizen to turn you into the FBI. Isn't it not? I got the number from a tv screen in Wal Mart just the other day and I programed it into my phone. Just in case. Got it in my speed dial and my finger is on the button.

But because I'm such a nice guy I'm gonna cut ya a break. This time. If you both agree to a cavity search I won't drop a dime on ya. That's fair isn't it? I'd feel a whole lot safer if you did.

Hey I'm giving you guys the benefit of the doubt here. I'm supposed to turn you into the FBI if I think there's something fishy going on and boy do I think there's something fishy about you two! The only way I'll ever feel safe is if you guys prove to me that you aren't with Al Qeada, or some radical right winger nut group planning to blow up the corner deli.

I saw you guys taking pictures and talking on your cell phones right out in front of it the other day! In broad daylight! You were looking at a map and making marks on it with a pen or pencil!!! And you had dark sunglasses and hats pulled way down over your eyes!!!

I think one of you even looked at me! Got my finger on the button. Assume the position now or answer to Big Sis. It's up to you. There's innocent lives at stake here.

How about the rest of you folks out there? Don't you think these two are acting suspicious? Wouldn't you all feel a whole lot safer if they proved they weren't some kind of wierd radical element up to no good? Ah, maybe I should just call the FBI and report em anyway.

What do you all think? Do these two fit the profile?

Keep in mind, those who commit terrorist acts:

Usually live among us without appearing suspicious while planning and preparing for their attack. They may be your neighbor, student or friend.

Often they will need training or equipment that will arouse suspicion.

Need to conduct surveillance on possible targets and gather information on the planned attcak location.

All of these things make terrorists vulnerable to detection, by those watching for certain characteristics. SALUTE

#47 poncho, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2010
  8. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

As long as people will want to government to be their security blanket, we are going to have people willing to be violated in order to feel secure.

Even then, because this security is being established by a bureaucracy, it will be ineffective and intrusive.

I don't accept it.

When I was wearing an active-duty uniform, I had to surrender some of my civil rights. I did that - willingly - but I don't accept it any more. That is my right.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You usually draw your own cockeyed conclusions. This time is no different.

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You and I aren't, to my knowledge, suspected felons. Neither is Grandma, or the 4-year old getting sexually abused by a federal employee.

I mentioned that the searches are similar to what is used on suspected felons; to then compare the average law-abiding citizen to a suspected felon, and indicate that they have the same level of rights and freedoms, seems to indicate a belief that we can all be considered suspected felons. I'm not sure I agree with that mentality.

11. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

That's pretty funny Poncho. And while you're at it you can tell them again how 9/11 was really an Inside Job. Cause you have all that inside information. Alex Jones videos and such.

12. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

And do you also reserve the right to pay taxes only if you accept it? Or pay the toll on the toll road only if you accept it? Good luck with that.

13. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

I defend my rights in any way I can. I don't just like down under the porch and wither away, nor do I worship at the feet of the federal government.

Some people do, however.

14. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

You da man SR.

15. targus

targus New Member

Wow, talk about the kettle calling the pot black! :laugh:

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So right!

He says this after he follows me around for months making personal attacks without ever contributing to the subject of the thread.

I wonder when he'll get his next phony conservative epiphany. :laugh:

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yep when in doubt demonize. How typical.

All I did was paint you a picture of the kind of America you consistantly champion.

Oh BTW,

Even the current head of the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) now admits that airport security as we know it is largely a failure. In light of the fact that reactionary security changes have done nothing to thwart supposed terrorist plots and everything to target innocent Americans, some government officials, as well as TSA administrator John Pistole, are now recommending that the airport security paradigm be altered to become a more "intelligence-based" system rather than a technology-based one.

< snip >

"Let's be honest: We've been lucky the last few times," explained Senator Joseph Lieberman (I-CT), Senate Homeland Security Committee chairman, in a Boston Globe report. "With the Christmas Day bomber over Detroit and the Times Square bomber and the air cargo attempt, they did not succeed, but that's because of their own inadequacies, not because we were able to stop them." SOURCE

Don't let this information get you down though. Just because I was right about the "enhanced" airport security being a big failure doesn't mean you can't keep right on being one of it's biggest cheerleaders. A false sense of security is better than nothin I reckon. Just think, all that groping and treating law abiding citizens like common criminals for nothing.

On the bright side, it only cost us 57 billion dollars to find out. What a bargain. All hail Big Sis!​

Here's another picture of "your" America. My little Stasimas gift to you. :smilewinkgrin:

Merry Stasimas

Remember Global Mart shoppers, if you see something, say something!

This message brought to you by Big Sis and the good folks at the Ministry Of Truth.

#57 poncho, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
  18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I feel I should clarify one point in my last post NS. I believe I made an error in accusing you of demonizing me. That was wrong and I apologize.

It only occured to me after I had some time to think about it that what you were actually doing was misrepresenting the truth. Not really a lie but not exactly honest on your part either.

But don't feel all alone because you aren't. You and a few others here abouts seem to always resort to misrepresenting the truth in this way as a default postion whenever you run out of . . . lets say more honest means of debate.

I do not use what you and others call "inside or secret" infrmation only I know about. I try very hard to post only factual information that is part of the public record. And I always include a link to the source of that information. Unlike some others here who evidently feel their word and or opinion based on skewed evidence (aka corporate/government propaganda) is good enough.

I get tired of repeating myself but, I'll say this again.

It's not my fault that some of you here are just too lazy to learn and comprehend the truth. I understand it's much easier to just take big government and the corporate media's word without question. This approach doesn't exactly make one an informed citizen and it certainly doesn't make one safer or more secure. It does however help to make one a sheople and an easily manipulated one at that.

Again NS, I apologize for accusing you of doing something you didn't do. I do enjoy our discussions and hope we can have many more in the new year to come. :)

#58 poncho, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
  19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to worry. Poncho frequently lashes out when others don't tremble like he does about the same things that frighten him.

Personally, I have long been an advocate of profiling. All kinds of profiling. These typical government overkill reactions are the inevitible result of liberals whining about imagined "rights" lost involved in a common sense approach to travel security.

Now they are whining about the result, while conservatives have also begun whining about losing imagined "rights" they don't have either.

It's all rather comical, in a way. :laugh: The same cowardly conservatives who were afraid to buck the PC agenda of liberals have had the tables turned on them.

And they don't like it. This is the price they pay for their previous silence.

#59 carpro, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010
  20. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
    A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
    Why do you have such a hatred of liberty?