1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured “Freeloading” Christians

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Revmitchell, Aug 28, 2013.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

I hesitate to respond, given the condescension dripping off your reply, however, I was referring to the Lark article, not the Bible. There is no sense continuing a thread that is based on a farce.

But then again, if you wish, you could site Scriptural evidence Christ ended the tithe, if you have any. In a new thread, that is.

2. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

My post you commented on had nothing to do with the Lark site or its bogus story.

My post was concerning Pastor Karry D. Wesley of Antioch Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church. He actually did send out letters to his members telling them they were to give financially to the Church or they would be removed from the Membership Roster.

You responded by saying it wasn't true. I encourage you to call the Church and ask them if it is true or not.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The letter assumes that the individual puts his offering into an envelope with a name and or writes checks.

Many people put only cash into the plate. Some folks do not want anyone to know how much they give.

4. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

I agree, Salty.

The letter condemns people like my wife and I who refuse to put our money in a tithing envelope but instead drop cash in the offering plate.

5. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb New Member

I have a patch of woods and a barn people can worship in free of charge. Jesus said where 2 or 3 gather in my name I shall be there also so those who can't afford a mega church can worship here anytime.

Sounds like the MAN made services are being ran dry. We have no nurseries in church...parents are expected to care for their children at all times. Solves that problem.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or try a Primitive Baptist Church:thumbs:
    You may just be supprised at the depth of scripture you will be exposed to and the warmth of the community. But you will be the one expected to be the spiritual leader of your family.

#27 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2013
  8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

They were in fact not coerced. Each church is autonomous. How many times does this have to be repeated? The local church sets the standard for itself as far as participation. If they want to be pew sitters, then find a church that tolerates such.

The local church was never meant to be a baby sitting service, a place for lazy people to loiter, or to maintain the 60 inch waist line of a pastor.