1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

“Hoplophobes”

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, Dec 21, 2012.

?
  1. It is reasonable and ethical enough to use the “word” and is a good tool to make use of

100.0%
  2. It is neither reasonable nor ethical, it is pejorative, and so it is not a good tool to make use of

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes...if it doesn't apply a person can always explain thier feelings. The thought could also be applied that one is acting homophibic with a particular response and that also makes for a good debate tool without "calling a name." It is a way to ask one to explain their rationale otherwise with sound reasoning that would show otherwise. That is another way to use such a tool...

It could be if one called just out of the blue without a reason to apply such thought. I have heard people use the term when it seem to apply.

You've got me thinking that maybe I should have titled the thread "Hoplophobic". For instance, if a school teacher made what sounds as an irrational reply that they would quit their job if a armed guard was to be at the school. An argument could be made that such a response appears rather "hoplophobic". Is seems to me to be an effective tool to ask for sound reasoning above a biased and irrational sounding response. IOWs it is a quick response to quick reply that asks for rational reasoning, it does not need be name calling. If the person persists to rely on irrational fear of guns to back their reasoning and argument...well, if the shoe fits...if it walks like a duck and quacks like duck...I see no problem in honestly applying a descriptive term to their persona...if the "truth" hurts, well, maybe they should take a better look inside to see what they base their responses on then and if they don't like it, change it.

It simply asks, "If not irrational fear of guns, what is it?" ...thereby it asks for a "reasonable" argument "why"? It is an effective tool in dealing with rhetorical replies (which the left-wing love to respond with).

The truth is, that in the world many people do not use logic in making their arguments. They often rely on mere rhetorical responses to "irrationally argue" with...such a term demands logical explanation while putting the brakes on such rhetoric.

#21 Benjamin, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2012
  2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no such thing as homophobia.

3. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some would say that about any disorder regarding anxiety unexplained pain or compulsion etc., but such is merely an obstinate and baseless rhetorcial argument to make.

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Agreed!!! I think its the other way around!!! Its them afraid of us instead of us afraid of them!!

The Bible teaches that the wicked flee when noone pursues!!

5. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :( That's two strikes against you!! :rolleyes:

;)

6. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Just one question.

How can I explain my "feelings" when the news media coverage labels me as being phobic for taking a stand on an issue?

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Golly!! I can hardly wait to see what happens when you call that 3rd strike!!!:saint:

8. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was a threat that I might ask you to actually support your argument rather than stand behind Aaron's illogical rhetorical replies and shout nonsense. ;):saint:

9. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Much more carefully ;)...as to exclude irrational unalterable solutions based on fear of guns and not to insist that there is no other way to deal with gun violence other than to take law abiding citizen's guns away of which such behavior would lead one to believe your "feelings" had to do with irrational fear of guns.

But I think your beginning to let your imagination run away with you on this issue.

...Because, I find it hard to believe you could be serious:rolleyes: about reasoning the leftist' media agenda to EVER go about publicizing or even DARE mentioning or giving ANY credibility WHATSOEVER to such a catchy "word' as "hoplophobia" which would in return point to demanding amicable discussion about other RATIONAL solutions and would thereby would work against their "true" agenda,;) ...unless maybe "if" it was to say something to the effect that the word didn't exist in order to pull the rug from under any defensive tool that would work toward opening rational discussion in the matter. :rolleyes: ...You know what I mean?

#29 Benjamin, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
  10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I am about as hom--phobic as Almighty God is-----when He says in His word(Holy Scripture) that when a man lies with a man and a woman lies with a woman---it is an abomonation in His eyes!:tear:

11. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All you need to do now is show me where I EVER said to "lie" and how I'm an abomination to the Lord then to begin supporting your accusation!! Eh??? :rolleyes:

This board is such a joke....