1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

“make disciples”

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by John3v36, Jun 10, 2004.

1. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

The Great Commission is more than just getting people saved.

Matthew 28:18And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.

Jesus said, “make disciples” the term used for getting people saved is more than just “HELL INSURANCE” it is becoming a student and a follower

Are You Making Disciples?

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The work of regeneration is that of the Holy Spirit alone. HE is the one who "wins souls". But we must be found faithful to

Make Disciples (learner, follower)
    Baptize those Disciples
    Teach those Disciples ALL things

All part of the plan.

The "1-2-3-pray-after-me" easy believism that pervades some ifb circles is a sham gospel and a reproach on the name of Christ.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Too many distant learning students are made. But a disciple follows the master.

I learned a great lesson when I went to a furniture making school led by a world class funrniture maker that has some of his things in the Smithsonian. What I noticed was that early we had our own ways of doing things. But soon we adopted the methodology and thinking of the master who taught us. To this day it is easy to see the work of his students and not even know they studied under him. There are those signs that tell who the discipe was learning from.

A student learns about the master, but the disciple follows the master.