1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured “The doctrine of baptisms” (Hebrews 6:1-2)

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Because the Jews needed to know that scriptures were being fulfilled, that Gentiles were now reconciled to God.

You do not believe the Spirit is the Lord, even though the Bible says so. See 2 Corinthians 3:17-18.

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are One. The Bible does not say they all come inside but only the Holy Spirit stays. The Spirit IS the Lord. The Father and the Son are the same, and they have the same Spirit.

As I said before, there was a time I thought I was speaking in tongues and even interpreting what I said, until the Holy Spirit had me realize I was only doing what man had convinced me of, and that I did not study what the written Word of God said.
    Just because someone starts weeping during what she believes are tongues, is no proof of it being from God.

Tongue speakers in the Bible times were doing that IF someone else were there to interpret. The reason they could praise God in tongues were because God did not take the gift away if no one was there to understand.

Does the individual always interpret what they say? If not, then your mind is fruitless. A fruitless mind is against what God says.

The Holy Spirit does NOT groan for us. When all we can do is groan, then the Holy Spirit speaks to God for us. Those claiming to speak in tongues misunderstand those scriptures.

What kind of message to the church? Why would God not speak to you in English? The Bible has all the knowledge we need!

Tell the “tongue speaker” to open the Bible and read what God has had written. It is already written and can be read easily in English.

Maybe you are learning to read what I say and stop being rude, except for little remarks here and there. Can you not control yourself?

What do you care so much about what Biblicist thinks of the two of us discussing? He could not care less about you or me. Does it really matter?

#41 Moriah, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2012
  2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You should have treated me better. Lol
    You can get into deep discussion with me, or you can center your discussion with people who will just speak rudely to you.

3. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

#43 evangelist-7, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
  4. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Sorry for the delay ... I have been really busy!

#44 evangelist-7, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
  5. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I will try to explain again.
    Speaking in tongues were spoken of in the Old Testament. Isaiah 28:11
    That God would speak to the Jews in foreign lips and strange tongues.
    We also know that the Old Testament scriptures spoke of God calling people His people who are not His people, and that is the Gentiles.
    Speaking in tongues were being fulfilled as scripture stated, and it was also a sign to the Jews that the once “unclean” Gentiles were now able to be God’s people.

I think you misunderstand what I said. I was explaining to you that the Bible does not say, “The Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit will come to live in you but only the Holy Spirit will stay.” The Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit is the same, so when one is in you to stay, they all are in you. I have the Spirit of God and Jesus living in me to stay.

Just because your wife “sincerely believes”, she is speaking in the biblical tongues, that still does not make her speaking true.

Well, that is when they first received the tongues, and it was evident that they received the Holy Spirit, it was evident they received the Holy Spirit because they were speaking tongues.

Acts 2:5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven.

Acts 2:6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard them speaking in his own language.

Acts 2:8-Then how is it that each of us hears them in his own native language? 9Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs-we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongue.

Do tongue speakers always have an interpretation for the tongues? If not, then their mind is fruitless, and a fruitless mind is not something to be desired.

You did not answer my question. I asked why God would not speak to you in English to say something to you.

As for the guy that should not have gone to church that day…was that message given to him by someone who spoke in tongues? Again, nowadays tongues are not the same as the biblical tongues. People in earthly languages understood the biblical tongues.

Cannot the people figure out whether or not they should build an addition.

Could you show scripture that speaking in tongues were for personal prophecy?

That was nice of you, thanks.

I like a little humor; however, it is hard to find anything humorous about Biblicist, since he speaks so horribly to me.

Wow, now that is a change. I love you too and same to you---may the Lord bless you and keep you.

#45 Moriah, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
  6. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Blessings!

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

During the laying of the foundation, God testified to what Jesus and the Apostles said with by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will. See Hebrews 2:4.

So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to do miraculous signs and wonders. Acts 14:3

God confirmed the message by enabling them to do miraculous signs and wonders. The message is confirmed.

Biblical tongues could be understood by people in earthly languages. Does your wife really believe she is speaking in tongues that can be understood by foreigners in their languages? Not what she thinks God can cause to happen with her gibberish, but what HER tongues/gibberish can do in its self, and that is that foreigners can understand in their languages. The believers in the Bible times who spoke in tongues, they spoke in tongues supernaturally. The believers who supposedly speak in tongues nowadays, they speak gibberish and believe God turns their gibberish into supernatural language, and that is a false doctrine.

They received the Holy Spirit, and it was evident by their speaking in tongues, that does not mean everyone who receives the Holy Spirit will speak in tongues.

There was interpretation, by the Jews themselves, the Jews who understood what the disciples were saying. That is an interpretation.

Paul says if they do not understand what they are saying, then their mind is fruitless. Why would you think it is okay to have a fruitless mind just because you are at home?

There is no reason why God would speak to you in a tongue you do not understand to be interpreted by someone else to say it in English.

I wanted to see if you could find that in scripture where Paul says speaking in tongues is for personal prophecy, because I see no such belief.

Why would God give a message for someone, first in an unknown tongue, and then need to be interpreted by yet another person? I do not see that anywhere in the Bible.

#47 Moriah, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012
  8. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Moriah ...

Dis post is called … “The message is confirmed”.

Da message was delivered and confirmed by you know what … Praise God!
    Da message was written down in da NT a few years later.

Da message read and delivered today also needs to be confirmed by you know what.
    Why does the SAME message today NOT need to be confirmed today?

I'm sorry, I could only get as far as this ... I badly need another dose of patience.

9. 33ad

33ad New Member

Paul's view on baptism

Colossians 2:11-12
    New International Version (NIV)
    11*In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh[a] was put off when you were circumcised by Christ, 12*having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Hey, if you want to sound as if you have another spirit that speaks using a goofy accent, then go for it girl.

11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

What do you not get? God confirmed the message. When something is confirmed, you do not have to confirm it every single time thereafter and forever, because it has forever been confirmed. God confirmed the message first spoken by the Prophets, Apostles, and Jesus Christ as chief cornerstone. God confirming the message stands forever, and does not expire and need to be renewed repeatedly.
    Tongues were a gift given when the foundation was being laid and it is finished being laid. God is not confirming the message through your wife’s gibberish, or anyone else in your church. Tongues are for unbelievers to hear the message in their foreign language. How you think that the gibberish spoken in your church is confirming anything is nonsense.