1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1 Cor. 11:23 - Question

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by richard n koustas, Jul 3, 2005.

1. richard n koustas

richard n koustas New Member

For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you... - 1 Cor. 11:23

When did Paul 'receive' these instructions for the last supper? i mean, he was obviously not at the last supper and this sounds as if it is a direct revelation. is there thing else in his epistles where he received something directly from the Lord?

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    II Cor. 11 (last part) and 12 might assist you.

3. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Here are some other references indicated direct teaching from the Lord:

Gal 1:11-12
    For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ. NASU

1 Cor 7:10-12
    But to the married I give instructions, not I, but the Lord, that the wife should not leave her husband (but if she does leave, she must remain unmarried, or else be reconciled to her husband), and that the husband should not divorce his wife.
    But to the rest I say, not the Lord, that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he must not divorce her.