1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1 Timothy 3:4 Help on adjectives

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by KeithS, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Really? So you can father a child? You can be a male role model to your sons and daughters? You can complete a woman as Gen 2 describes? You can love your wife as Christ loved the church? I never heard of such a thing, but I suppose there is always something new.

2. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

There is a divine order.

1 Cor 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Even Jesus Himself submitted to this order. The OP verse in question is not teaching that my wife can't cut the grass as well as her husband, or that a female can't shoot a rifle better than a male, but that it (the passage) goes along with God's planned order of His creation. Yes, the passage is instruction for the qualifications of a pastor, but it also reveals the fact that God's role for men is to rule the household.

It is the fall of men that disrupts this plan, whether because of abandonment by the husband/father, or by the woman's desire to rule over her husband.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

In short, it is sin.